EU WvW Server - English Speaking - Where should I transfer to..

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

Whats the current best server in EU WvW (that is not full - which can be transferred to) English-speaking with organised groups running in Discord with a sense of community, friendship and a supportive atmosphere ? [i generally play from 7pm GMT - 11pm GMT; I don't mind ques into WvW - I'm fine with this !]

(Not asking for much - hey?!?!)Would love to hear your opinions, ideas and reasons - on where I should land if I transfer over my NA account

Thanks,

Unfortunately that server is full, unless space opens up occasionally?

The EU Server list looks like this (non language specific)...World Language PopulationAurora Glade — Very HighBlacktide — MediumDesolation — FullFar Shiverpeaks — FullFissure of Woe — MediumGandara — FullGunnar's Hold — FullPiken Square — FullRing of Fire — MediumRuins of Surmia — HighSeafarer's Rest — FullUnderworld — HighVabbi — HighWhiteside Ridge 5 — Full

@"TPMN.1483" said:with a sense of community, friendship and a supportive atmosphere ?This thing still exist in WvW? Last time I saw something similar like that in WvW was .. maybe 4 years ago, when ppl still believed ANet care at least a little about WvW.

Im not sure if there is any good option for you, because from what I saw in WvW myself, or heard from another ppl transfering from another servers, all EU servers which still have at least somewhat reasonable populated WvW playerbase are all marked as full. I suspect these markings are based on PvE population, because compared to what I saw in WvW years ago, all these servers now have basically empty WvW maps, apart from evening primetime, with only 20 or 25 ppl map jumping squad throughout all nighttime and normal daylight time.

From the worse options, the best bet is probably to transfer into some of the smaller populated "linked" servers, which are not marked as full, and see yourself which of the bigger servers will best suit your preffered playing atmosphere.

About Teamspeak or Discord, imho all servers have one, even the small linked ones usually have their own voice server.

Queus in WvW? Nonexistent apart from the very primetime. Absolutely nothing compared to WvW status 5 years ago, wgere EBG had waiting queue time roughly 3 to 4 HOURS. Nowaday even in primetime, its usually not longger than 10 or 20 minutes.If it does matter, SFR (= Seafarers Rest) player here.

Oh, and another option is to contact some another formerly NA players, because i heard nowaday there are massive migration of NA players to EU servers, even if they will have bigger internet connection latency, because they said NA WvW is basically dead empty ghost town, so that forced them to migrate to EU WvW. Maybe contact one of those ppl, and ask them how they decided which server they joined.

@Sovereign.1093 said:Anet should merge eu and na. :3for more lags, yes please. give me that constant 3000 ping uwu

@ TPMNnobody knows. when Desolation was unlinked we've been 24/7 crazily outnumbered. activity counting showed we had constantly 1500-3000~ activity (kills and deaths) less per day as any other server nearly - while the killcounts of our guild for example ranked up to 2000+ across the week. so some player hold their k/d relation to 1:200ish, other die 100:4 or so apparently, because they never learnt group / competitive playstyle.

yet, due to this obviously population drop - even compared to other unlinked servers - the Server Status been "FULL" constantly. it is really questionable how the fullness stats are really counted.

but we don't know about full maps either. map caps should be 70-80 players~ but often after having one 45-50 ppl group, you cannot find anybody else than your own group on the map, outside of maybe 10 roamers, and it is "full" with a queue

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:Anet should merge eu and na. :3for more lags, yes please. give me that constant 3000 ping uwu

@ TPMNnobody knows. when Desolation was unlinked we've been 24/7 crazily outnumbered. activity counting showed we had constantly 1500-3000~ activity (kills and deaths) less per day as any other server nearly - while the killcounts of our guild for example ranked up to 2000+ across the week. so some player hold their k/d relation to 1:200ish, other die 100:4 or so apparently, because they never learnt group / competitive playstyle.

yet, due to this obviously population drop - even compared to other unlinked servers - the Server Status been "FULL" constantly. it is really questionable how the fullness stats are really counted.

but we don't know about full maps either. map caps should be 70-80 players~ but often after having one 45-50 ppl group, you cannot find anybody else than your own group on the map, outside of maybe 10 roamers, and it is "full" with a queue

Played in eu and na. Lag is the same in both. :3... It should atleast be tested.

It's hard to recommend many servers right now, as many are just stacked with guilds or just so many pugs, due to their links and/or may not have many open tags as you would expect. (FSP/UW, GH/FoW and WSR)

Even Deso struggles with a less stacked link, it's rare to get full organized squads on voice chat, even during the weekend on proper classes. Some commanders have gone on a break too, so you hope nobody burns out.

@Sovereign.1093 lul, i bet sometime EU server login connects u over US servers, that would explain the nuts ping sometimes

@ threadthe fighting quality of most main servers is pretty low currently i feel. WSR okay, they're overstacked since ages. deso lost several veterans to small servers and got those slots filled with idk, pve players or full casual beginners, at least it got way harder to trust the guy fighting next to you.

it's that severe that i last time didn't even notice i haven't transferred my trinkets to my firebrand, and played no rings no backpack for hours - i felt more squishy than normal missing three maxed out ascended/legendary items, but i guessed it was lacking focus - that's how unspectacular t2 EU on saturdays is these days lol.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:@Sovereign.1093 lul, i bet sometime EU server login connects u over US servers, that would explain the nuts ping sometimes

@ threadthe fighting quality of most main servers is pretty low currently i feel. WSR okay, they're overstacked since ages. deso lost several veterans to small servers and got those slots filled with idk, pve players or full casual beginners, at least it got way harder to trust the guy fighting next to you.

it's that severe that i last time didn't even notice i haven't transferred my trinkets to my firebrand, and played no rings no backpack for hours - i felt more squishy than normal missing three maxed out ascended/legendary items, but i guessed it was lacking focus - that's how unspectacular t2 EU on saturdays is these days lol.

Hehe, I just want to play where I have numbers and the enemy has numbers . It's hard to play where one has more than the other.

I try to craft a team that's willing to perceive the game as a group rather than individual since we focus on our strengths and hope people adapt to what is strong in group play. :3

@TPMN.1483 said:Hi All,

Whats the current best server in EU WvW (that is not full - which can be transferred to) English-speaking with organised groups running in Discord with a sense of community, friendship and a supportive atmosphere ? [i generally play from 7pm GMT - 11pm GMT; I don't mind ques into WvW - I'm fine with this !]Every server has nice and not so nice people. And since links change every few weeks and people transfer 247 to other servers, it is pointless to take the current community of a server as a basis for your decision.

@Faenar.8036 said:Queus in WvW? Nonexistent apart from the very primetime. Absolutely nothing compared to WvW status 5 years ago, wgere EBG had waiting queue time roughly 3 to 4 HOURS. Nowaday even in primetime, its usually not longger than 10 or 20 minutes.If it does matter, SFR (= Seafarers Rest) player here.Yes it does matter, because your server has been the ultimate bandwagon server for years and then dropped harder than any other server in population and is for that reason the server that notices the most differences in queuing times. My server has been empty for at least 3 years before we got a link and so the queue times have even increased recently.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Whats the current best server in EU WvW (that is not full - which can be transferred to) English-speaking with organised groups running in Discord with a sense of community, friendship and a supportive atmosphere ?
[i generally play from 7pm GMT - 11pm GMT; I don't mind ques into WvW - I'm fine with this !]
Every server has nice and not so nice people. And since links change every few weeks and people transfer 247 to other servers, it is pointless to take the current community of a server as a basis for your decision.

On NA there are some servers which are well known for ultimate toxicity, in map, squad, team chats - 24x7 - I wont name the server but anyone who has had a link with them will know who I mean.

@KrHome.1920 said:Yes it does matter, because your server has been the ultimate bandwagon server for years and then dropped harder than any other server in population and is for that reason the server that notices the most differences in queuing times. My server has been empty for at least 3 years before we got a link and so the queue times have even increased recently.Okay then. And thanks for additional info.

@TPMN.1483 said:

Whats the current best server in EU WvW (that is not full - which can be transferred to) English-speaking with organised groups running in Discord with a sense of community, friendship and a supportive atmosphere ?
[i generally play from 7pm GMT - 11pm GMT; I don't mind ques into WvW - I'm fine with this !]
Every server has nice and not so nice people. And since links change every few weeks and people transfer 247 to other servers, it is pointless to take the current community of a server as a basis for your decision.

On NA there are some servers which are well known for ultimate toxicity, in map, squad, team chats - 24x7 - I wont name the server but anyone who has had a link with them will know who I mean.

Seems like there is some sort of internal drama almost everywhere tbh.

It's not Server vs Server Drama, even after almost 8 years, but then we have Server Linkings, which mixes up all sorts of egotistical people into a server and you still get some power hungry people on the host servers, which happened 8 years ago too really.

@TPMN.1483 said:How are ANET calculating 'Full' server status atm,

No one other than Anet knows the actual answer to that question, including me.

I imagine that they have, at one point, set the ‘Full’ threshold at the largest servers number, I.e. the Evil Empire on NA and whatever it’s equivalent was on EU.

Any time those two servers lose players, they continue to ‘reset’ the threshold to their new level.

It artificially distributed players more evenly, and begins to make more servers appear ‘full’, thus affording the appearance of a more vibrant game mode, while consecutively keeping the ‘biggest servers’ full.

Whenever the Evil Empire opens, people gripe to no end about it. So....

It’s a win win for Anet.

do they ever shuffle to 'very high' ?

Yes. But again, it’s random and could be a while.

Others know what day of the week servers tend to open IF they are going to open. I remember something like Monday or Tuesday, but I am not certain.