What balances do you think are coming soon?

anjo.6143

@jsp.6912 said:rez skill like glyph ele need to have a longer cd

Disagree, all it needs is a more obvious sign of when Ele is casting it and it's good, It's easy to get the Res when all 5 people are in coms like in MOTA, but in standard ranked 5v5, Glyph is harder to use since your team mate could port or mist away or the enemy team could push or knockback the down while ele is casting Glyph aswell as using CC in what people have called the 'CC meta' and you have stopped the Res.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@jsp.6912 said:rez skill like glyph ele need to have a longer cd

Disagree, all it needs is a more obvious sign of when Ele is casting it and it's good, It's easy to get the Res when all 5 people are in coms like in MOTA, but in standard ranked 5v5, Glyph is harder to use since your team mate could port or mist away or the enemy team could push or knockback the down while ele is casting Glyph aswell as using CC in what people have called the 'CC meta' and you have stopped the Res.

If anything its harder to stop glyph in ranked, who can actually interrupt it. especially since you have to rupt it twice, and dont even get me when someone precasts it.I played with illusion of life on mesmer, and its a same story, nobody can really interrupt it realistically. You can also defend the interrupt with stab, reflect auras, shocking auras and kiting.What they need to do is make it hover over your head like signets do. AND stop it from resetting interrupt cd when attunement is swapped.In real game only thief can reliably deny it, due to instacast steal that removes stab and quick cast headshot. Other then that mb mesmer with blink+f3 but only if no shock aura/stab

1. Revenant will be nerfed into the ground, and will be worthless. Condi will be smashed and power will have its damage and scaling cut by 50% because everyone seems to hate the class, and A-net have always had an aversion to it so might as well kill it. Might give you a free character of your choice to swap all your shit too and just delete the damn thing from the character pool for all we know.
  2. Warrior will get nerfed, can't have it be too strong gotta let guardians be the true soldier class.
  3. Guardian will be buffed
  4. messmer will be dinked with in some weird way that makes no sense.
  5. Necromancer will get gutted
  6. Ele will get buffed
  7. Engineer will be buffed
  8. Ranger will have pets get smacked to worthlessness but have its own kit be brought up to god like levels to compensate.
  9. Thieves will get all the stuff removed from revenant because revenant is "A tHiEf WiTh nO StEaLtH" and everyone wants thief to be beyond S-tier
  10. More mount-skins
  11. maybe some more capes, idk.

I honestly have no faith that they wont unalive any class I play. As a rev main I feel the blade coming for my neck, and as my warrior is likely going to be nerfed too I might just have to dip outta the game. I don't like where ranger is or how it plays right now and the rest have never once reached me on a level of care, like Im very picky with the classes here. I just don't like their design.... which is hilarious as I played everything in WoW and liked their classes; I guess its just that the classes here are a mess and only cater to like 1 niche in how they function. Pretty sure Ill end up being that person who comes back for the episode, plays it gets the rewards then dips out until the next one as I Wait for the expansion to hopefully give us new E-specs so Im not stuck with the garbo we have.

For ele, lightning rod will not deal damage or weakness, instead it will give one sec of regeneration on interrupt, to encourage ele to invest in the water line, and healing power.

If youre are an aura support tempest, be prepared: you will not be able to share auras, and every aura you can evoke, will know be altered to frost aura, and frost aura will give only 3% damage mitigation... as that makes perfect sense - because now "spammable".

For weaver, stability on #3 skill, no matter how difficult it is to get access to when you actually need it, will be removed. Instead, you gain regeneration. 1 sec. Because, wiki says, ele is the class with highest amount of stabitity. And because ele should be encouraged to invest in the water line, and healing power.

Furthermore, weaver will lose any barrier access, gaining regeneration instead. The balance team is undecided right now about the the duration, but will have an close eye in resamblance of pvps cele-ele in 2013.

...meanwile, the notes for ranger.:"All command skills will know be stunbreaks. Command skills provide 6 sec of protection and 8k barrier, additionally to their other effects."

• to encourage more risky play.

sword range will be reduced to 60 units, to compensate the massive evade spam. In addition, sword will have any condi application removed, compensated by a 3% chance to imply 2 sec of bleed on critical (internal cooldown: 8 seconds, and only against one opponent within the intervall once triggered).

Blinding ashes (a grandmaster trait in the fire traitline, for the people not knowing) will be removed to not keep it in awfull passive state, and turned into the following:provides 5 seconds of swiftness when critically hitting someone with mainhand dagger, double attuned to air, #3 skills shocking aura, interrupting someone unable to see the obvious visual tell. This new grandmaster will also be reallocated to the earthline, to correspond better with your new chance to apply bleed on crititical hit with sword weaver. Internal cd: 300seconds to not make the hole class to overpowered with this almost insane buff to an already op class. Yes, only with dagger mainhand on sword weaver, because why not.

The grandmaster trait in fire where blinding ashes once had been.. hm, idont know.Maybe some, i dont know... like some, hm... hey, maybe... i really hope im not asking for to much right now....but... we maybe can gain not only 1 sec of regeneration maybe, but 5 (!) hole seconds of the precious regenation boon - if someone else picks up our fiery greatsword??

But i dont want to sound greedy, its all up to you, Arenanet.

Well...thats not even funny to me, to close to reality .

Whatever the changes are they won't make the game mode any better. Right now we have 2+ necros every match, condi revs, and condi thieves taking the stage but even if they do something about those the builds that would otherwise be way overperforming like grenade spamming holos that need their damage nerfed will just wind up dominating again. Then it will be another 6 months until we get a patch fixing those.

If they make any changes I think they will castrate rev, MAYBE touch condi thief again, do some weird unnecessary changes to mesmer to further destroy it, and buff Engi and Warrior. Except the buff to engi will be written as though it's a nerf, but leads to something else being exploited to its fullest and being 10 times worse.

I really think warrior is going to see a lot of changes and become king after this next patch. That's not wishful thinking because I don't even play warrior, just a gut feeling.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown it's way. Revenant untouched.

I skimmed through the latest "Let's Play WvW" on Twitch and the one class CMC straight up said is getting touched was Rev. And no I'm not pranking you like you did all of us few months back :lol:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Nothing serious is happening to rev. The devs don't think it's over powered, just that the best players favor rev, and the best players tend to win.

Hypothetically, what would you nerf without killing the class. Because a Rev (More like Herald only) success often depends on how reckless it's opponents are.

All I'm ever seeing is complains that are easily circumvented given the players care enough to pay attention.

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Nothing serious is happening to rev. The devs don't think it's over powered, just that the best players favor rev, and the best players tend to win.

Hypothetically, what would you nerf without killing the class. Because a Rev (More like Herald only) success often depends on how reckless it's opponents are.

All I'm ever seeing is complains that are easily circumvented given the players care enough to pay attention.

If you're a condition player there's no circumventing Infused Light. It's a catch 22, you either do enough damage to pressure them into using Infused Light undoing all of the damage you have done and your conditions are about to do, or you just don't do damage to them, at which point you might as well not fight and just go elsewhere. It was less of an issue when damage values were at a point where even with a full Infused Light heal your damage output could still overwhelm them before it when off cooldown.

There's no real fix except undoing the abomination that was the megabalance.

Nothing serious is happening to Rev, because as we all know rev is a class favored by only the best of players and the best players tend to win, so sayeth the High Priest of Balance Lord CMC His Holiness.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If you're a condition player there's no circumventing Infused Light. It's a catch 22, you either do enough damage to pressure them into using Infused Light undoing all of the damage you have done and your conditions are about to do, or you just don't do damage to them, at which point you might as well not fight and just go elsewhere. It was less of an issue when damage values were at a point where even with a full Infused Light heal your damage output could still overwhelm them before it when off cooldown.

Nothing serious is happening to Rev, because as we all know rev is a class favored by only the best of players and the best players tend to win, so sayeth the High Priest of Balance Lord CMC His Holiness.

Poison does reduce it's efficiency though, tickling sure is better than blasting through the options. That was honestly the premise of dealing with any in the first place, by saying that you could simply mash through was the core issue of the game before hand for any professions before and the reason why people were complaining to no end, with that saying it means that if we take care of one problem, we get another because Anet did remove a lot of power creep.

@Shao.7236 said:

Poison does reduce it's efficiency though, tickling sure is better than blasting through the options. That was honestly the premise of dealing with any in the first place, by saying that you could simply mash through was the core issue of the game before hand for any professions before and the reason why people were complaining to no end, with that saying it means that if we take care of one problem, we get another because Anet did remove a lot of power creep.

Tickling will never out DPS the Mallyx heal, which means they will never need to use Infuse Light. If you've done enough damage to scare him into using Infused Light he's going to heal to full regardless of if poison is on him. There's also classes like Condition Mesmer that has garbage weapon skills in terms of damage output that rely on a 24 second cooldown Cry of Frustration for lethal damage. There's no capacity to tickling at all on that build. That class:s damage is literally not designed around it.

1. More mount-skins
  2. maybe some more capes, idk.

As much as I like a little side-shade thrown towards skins heehee I have to safely assume that they pump them out not only because it creates more opportunities for revenue but that its relatively easier content to generate. Let's not demonize them too much for that.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Whatever the changes are they won't make the game mode any better. Right now we have 2+ necros every match, condi revs, and condi thieves taking the stage but even if they do something about those the builds that would otherwise be way overperforming like grenade spamming holos that need their damage nerfed will just wind up dominating again. Then it will be another 6 months until we get a patch fixing those.

If they make any changes I think they will castrate rev, MAYBE touch condi thief again, do some weird unnecessary changes to mesmer to further destroy it, and buff Engi and Warrior. Except the buff to engi will be written as though it's a nerf, but leads to something else being exploited to its fullest and being 10 times worse.

I really think warrior is going to see a lot of changes and become king after this next patch. That's not wishful thinking because I don't even play warrior, just a gut feeling.

They should focus def on holosmith scrapper and rev, since they are problematic, and hopefully not touch too much core engi so it doesn-t end up gutted but hit holosmith. Don-t want poor engis to be angry and quit the game because they become trash tier. its possible that its only a small problem for scrapper and another small so hopefully they don-t gut scrapper and holo either.

Some skills in this game are slow to land for a very good reason and necro is not the only class having them. The damage of these skills is so high that the slow cast animation is warranted otherwise I don't see why ,this ability to bypass the original design of skills, is not extended to other professions.

Give quickness spam to an ele and let's see if the "community" like to be insta downed by a churning earth or be totalized by a couple of Dragon's tooth

But did you know why reaper was given quickness? it has to do with some attacks in reaper shroud itself.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Whatever the changes are they won't make the game mode any better. Right now we have 2+ necros every match, condi revs, and condi thieves taking the stage but even if they do something about those the builds that would otherwise be way overperforming like grenade spamming holos that need their damage nerfed will just wind up dominating again. Then it will be another 6 months until we get a patch fixing those.

They should focus def on holosmith scrapper and rev, since they are problematic, and hopefully not touch too much core engi so it doesn-t end up gutted but hit holosmith. Don-t want poor engis to be angry and quit the game because they become trash tier. its possible that its only a small problem for scrapper and another small so hopefully they don-t gut scrapper and holo either.

Some skills in this game are slow to land for a very good reason and necro is not the only class having them. The damage of these skills is so high that the slow cast animation is warranted otherwise I don't see why ,this ability to bypass the original design of skills, is not extended to other professions.

Give quickness spam to an ele and let's see if the "community" like to be insta downed by a churning earth or be totalized by a couple of Dragon's tooth

But did you know why reaper was given quickness? it has to do with some attacks in reaper shroud itself.

People climbed to Legendary on Power Reaper in PoF before Reaper's Onslaught was changed to add permanent quickness.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Tickling will never out DPS the Mallyx heal, which means they will never need to use Infuse Light. If you've done enough damage to scare him into using Infused Light he's going to heal to full regardless of if poison is on him. There's also classes like Condition Mesmer that has garbage weapon skills in terms of damage output that rely on a 24 second cooldown Cry of Frustration for lethal damage. There's no capacity to tickling at all on that build. That class:s damage is literally not designed around it.

I've seen condi mesmers disarm and throw off Mallyx easily with Domination and Arcane Thievery, maybe because they knew when to boon rip. It's not like it's hard when 90% of resistance is the first in line. I boon rip heralds on Mallyx without the resistance trait for fun and they die relatively quick with the right timing, never have energy to be offensive either.

You can wish for nerfs to it, doesn't affect me. Will in fact make the job easier since I always switch my habits around, however I still think they aren't a problem.

@Shao.7236 said:

I've seen condi mesmers disarm and throw off Mallyx easily with Domination and Arcane Thievery, maybe because they knew when to boon rip. It's not like it's hard when 90% of resistance is the first in line. I boon rip heralds on Mallyx without the resistance trait for fun and they die relatively quick with the right timing, never have energy to be offensive either.

You can wish for nerfs to it, doesn't affect me. Will in fact make the job easier since I always switch my habits around, however I still think they aren't a problem.

Domination condi mesmer can rip resistance but doesn't have the DPS to finish the kill on it's own hence when it did see any play it was as a +1 roamer with Portal and not a 1v1 duelist.

@Shao.7236 said:

If you play a game with crev and cmes, cmes will be a better player. period. thats why they can kill crev, not due to them being hard counter.Rev doesnt have to survive due to resistance, they can do what everyone else does and simply avoid the burst with dodges/blocks, and even if they fail IL is there.mesmer chip damage is too low for rev sustain anyways. what you see is shitty rev that got hard carried by the build lose to cmes 1trick.When you put equally good mes and rev, then no amounts of resist ripping will make mesmer kill the rev.

@Shao.7236 said:Kek, do it. Nerf Condi Rev, aka kill Herald. No amount of nerf is going to fix the mistakes people do when fighting one.

vs power rev, I with a condi build1) Reflected shiro heal2) Baited glint heal, twice3) Dodged shiro f24) CCed sword 3 once

And then they did sword pve rotation on me and I died cuz no more defenses.

Condi rev? Just /sleep on node until your holo +1s. Killing a crev is only about rotations, there is no build except condi mirage that can kill it 1v1.

Revenant is currently S tier, as a class. Not all builds are S but most of them are S or A.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

People climbed to Legendary on Power Reaper in PoF before Reaper's Onslaught was changed to add permanent quickness.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/86148/reaper-sucks-ass-whats-new

Remember this?

necro as a whole was rough around the edges for a long time and suffered in solo queue. It was better pre pof because pof brought too much power creep give it a rest will you pls? classes during pof with power creep kept necro down and stuff was not in order. If you think to be able to down someone with the amount of sustain necro has, then you must not be playing the game at all, or not playing necro. Being able to be downed in seconds due to extreme damage power creep across the board prevented necros from being able to function well, even in a group environment they needed extreme amounts of babysitting to survive.

How about this?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50099/1-shot-soulbeast-an-example-of-the-worst-balance

In what way is nec or even reaper supposed to survive a meta that was like this in the past with cheap 1shot builds with way more mobility evades sustain? wonder why nec and reaper complained about it in the past? because their toughness meant nothing Reaper shroud could be 1 shouted in the past and they could get destroyed in like 2 seconds.

This proves that reaper wasn't doing that well in the previous meta compared to now, and how because of the mechanics of others vs theirs, they were underperforming.

let's not forget also that one of those broken classes that everyone complained about was mesmer, specifically PU mess with infinite sustain and dmg mirage as well condi which was way overpowered and actually won most of the time and in fact, mesmers were champions in multiple areas and top tier PVP and stacked.

And if you don't think those counter nec hard, well they in fact do. Anything with a lot of power mobility and blocks/evades and teleports can hard counter nec super hard and they did.

Even holosmith hardcountered reaper due to mobility and dmg even thief with both deadeye and core at one point before nerfs countered nec hard.

Rangers Thieves mesmers warriors in some builds. Anything with the capability of good mobility and ranged could easily hard counter nec and one of those said classes is mesmers because they were not only legendary in terms of being slippery but also very hard-hitting.