Game adds English US keyboard layout

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Elrey.5472 said:

I just press Alt + Shift (windows key to swap between keyboard layouts). I think that's a very handy fix since it also happened with another games.

I know I can change layouts, but main problem is why it is adding this keyboard layout on its own? I have literally nothing in English in my Windows, let alone keyboard.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, Ideka.7946 said:

Reviving this old thread to post a solution I was able to come up with, after struggling with this problem for a long time.

Navigate to your GW2 installation folder and create a new empty text file. Name it KBDUS.dll. Make sure the extension actually changed.Next, right click the file and go to Properties > Security > Advanced > Disable Inheritance, and pick Remove all inherited permissions from this object. The goal here is removing every user's permissions from accessing the file at all.

https://i.imgur.com/yUpHV0D.png

After all that's done, start GW2 again. It shouldn't add the US keyboard layout anymore.

If you ever need to delete that KBDUS.dll file, you will have to restore the file's permission inheritance first (follow the same steps, the button to disable inheritance will have changed to enable inheritance).

This worked for me. Thank you soooooo much.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, Ideka.7946 said:

Reviving this old thread to post a solution I was able to come up with, after struggling with this problem for a long time.

Navigate to your GW2 installation folder and create a new empty text file. Name it KBDUS.dll. Make sure the extension actually changed.Next, right click the file and go to Properties > Security > Advanced > Disable Inheritance, and pick Remove all inherited permissions from this object. The goal here is removing every user's permissions from accessing the file at all.

https://i.imgur.com/yUpHV0D.png

After all that's done, start GW2 again. It shouldn't add the US keyboard layout anymore.

If you ever need to delete that KBDUS.dll file, you will have to restore the file's permission inheritance first (follow the same steps, the button to disable inheritance will have changed to enable inheritance).

Really, very thanks Dude, it is true solution. Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...

Adding on to this topic as this is hindering my use of the computer as I work with different language IMEs daily and the extra and unnecessary addition of the IME is causing unnecessary distraction outside of an otherwise enjoyable product.

There shouldn't be a need to add an English US keyboard in the first place, and why has this gone unresolved—officially—for so long? Hopefully an official fix will be introduced soon. 10 years already... is this so diffcult to fix?

For devs' reference, my support ticket # is 8884398. Can read there for more info related to my case.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1