Give war stun dmg back

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:Give war as only class in the game the ability back to do dmg with stuns

Warrior lacks atm to deal dmg and it would give warrior more an unique selling point and dmg

Okay, give back warrior damage on CC, but also give back ele damage on CC (like on gale strike or earthquake).We good now? No objections? Nice.Next class connoisseur please, who else wants cc damage back? Any reaper mains who wants scythe 5 damage back? Or maybe any holos in the chat who wants laser damage? Lets go wishlist of foolishness in progress

Why do you think its "foolish" for people to want PLB to not be utterly useless? There is a reason the "all CC does no damage" idea was utterly terrible. Not all CC is equal. Some already did no damage in exchange for low cast or travel time. Others, like PLB, are slow and dont CC for very long in exchange for damage. Now, the previous are overperforming, and the latter are completely useless.

So what? As you noticed, all classes got nerfed in one place or another. And im not saying that making CCs deal no damage was smart. But you either nerf all CCs or turn them back to previous state. Making one class able to deal damage with CCs while others cant is utterly terrible.You want warrior buffs? You think your beloved class is underperforming? Sure, maybe it is. So change its damaging skills, change its traits. But If ANet decided that 95% of CCs in game shouldnt deal damage, then 95% shouldnt deal damage. Then there are warrior mains that already forgot how spellbroken was boosted in the beginning of PoF and cry that this class is now unplayable saying "uuuh, okay, so all classes deal 10 damage with CCs, but ours gonna deal 1k, no1 will notice trust me, its gonna be fair and okay".

As I said. Not all CCs are different. If, hypothetically, some class only has low-cast time stuns with fast or no projectiles at all, then their CC would naturally not be doing much damage (And here is the thing: That was already the case, pre-patch). If a class only has slow and telegraphed stuns, then theirs do high damage. Basically, the entire concept was irredeemably flawed, and the only correct thing to do now is to revert the entirety of it. And then we get an entire rant that just screams "I dont want warrior to be playable".

Each class is different, but there are things that they have in common. Knockback is knockback, knockdown is knockdown, CC is CC. Warrior is not a special snowflake that should receive special treatment. You want it to be meta again? Suggest skill changes that affect specific class, not that affect rule that applies to everyone, making additional holes in it.

Knockback is not knockback. Invert Magical Field is instant, surge of the mists has a long cast time. Point blank shot is ranged, shadow gust is melee. Each of them has their own unique aspects. And no one is saying that Warrior should get special treatment, but thats why Im saying the entire concept of CC not doing damage cannot be justified. Give everyone damage back on CC, and simply tune it the way it was tuned before. Every single change relating to CC the patch made was awful and worsened the game. Well, I suppose the patch as a whole did that too.

Absolutely no class should beable to stunlock someone constantly until they are dead with or without damage! When thief could kill you using pulmonary impact you all threw a fit to get it nerfed. Warrior is still able to stunlock someone until they are dead with no chance of escape if you have only 1 or 2 stunbreaks. Its a stupid mechanic and shouldnt exist.

@skillze.7689 said:Absolutely no class should beable to stunlock someone constantly until they are dead with or without damage! When thief could kill you using pulmonary impact you all threw a fit to get it nerfed. Warrior is still able to stunlock someone until they are dead with no chance of escape if you have only 1 or 2 stunbreaks. Its a stupid mechanic and shouldnt exist.

you can dodge cc, you know that right ?

@skillze.7689 said:Absolutely no class should beable to stunlock someone constantly until they are dead with or without damage! When thief could kill you using pulmonary impact you all threw a fit to get it nerfed. Warrior is still able to stunlock someone until they are dead with no chance of escape if you have only 1 or 2 stunbreaks. Its a stupid mechanic and shouldnt exist.

Warriors are bad because they can't kill you atm, if they land a stun you stunbreak, but since they don't do any dmg on stuns they are never able to do any dmg

@hotte in space.2158 said:Warrior has enough damage and CCs to kill opponents.The real problem of warrior is, that it cant stand condi damage over time. With a little help on this point it will be back.I saw Stronlo recently on warrior doing a good performance. Also a nerv on condi rev and holo will help warrior to find its role again.

Don't forget burn guard or condi thief :)

@"UNOwen.7132" said:There is a reason the "all CC does no damage" idea was utterly terrible. Not all CC is equal. Some already did no damage in exchange for low cast or travel time.

I don't understand why so many people seem to be missing this point. I don't think warrior should be the only class with damage on its CCs at all, but it is by far the class the most reliant on actually landing its CCs to deal damage given its highly telegraphed skills...

Has anyone here even touched hammer on warrior recently? It's basically not functional as anything other than an extremely mediocre team fighter. Hammer Warr has 50% of its moveset as CCs, which now do absolutely no damage. Two of them, Backbreaker and Earthshaker, have nearly full second windows to react to on top of very very clear telegraphed animations.

Now I personally don't want full damage to return to even these skills, but they should absolutely do more damage than instant/ranged CCs and by a significant amount. However, Anet will likely have to balance case-by case rather than a blanket coefficient change. To take the Backbreaker example, when playing core Strength warrior I could hit up to 8k backbreakers with berserker's power and high might stacks on thiefs/mesmers/necros at one point. But I still had to land a 1second cast time, 25second CD skill on them, which almost everyone knows how to evade. 8k damage with a 3second knockdown with this cast time and CD might be fine in a nutshell, but when you realize that you can confirm backbreaker by landing staggering blow first, which only has a 1/2s cast time, it can be a problem.

However, even then it wasn't really problematic...hammer and mace on warrior are the class's most cc heavy weapons, but have the lowest mobility and super highly telegraphed moves and are generally ranged/kite fodder. Hammer warrior has never been anywhere nearly as oppressive as current Power Rev/Condi Rev/Holo even in its prime despite being a CC monster. The hammer warrior builds were also quite a joke, other than Hambow to some extent, on side nodes and 1v1's, they were teamfighters, and not even really good ones at that. All decent players have learned to play around the weapon a long time ago; it's only newer/facerolling players who get destroyed by it.

When it comes to Rampage though, that shit can stay nerfed. I'm admittedly extremely biased against it as 6ish years ago pre-boon spam power creep it meant a free win vs many classes on side nodes as long as the warr had more than 3 braincells due to the combination of pulsing stability+high damage skills with built-in long CCs+extremely low cooldowns. Give Signet of Rage's boon durations back.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Warriors are bad because they can't kill you atm, if they land a stun you stunbreak, but since they don't do any dmg on stuns they are never able to do any dmg

So If I have two stunbreaks and the warrior has more than 3 stuns all he has to do is sit and wait hit me with a stun if I cant dodge it then i stun break it then they stun me again rinse and repeat till all stunbreaks are gone then throw all the damage hes got at me when I'm out of stunbreaks! It only takes 1 stun to land to do this stupid setup.

@skillze.7689 said:

So If I have two stunbreaks and the warrior has more than 3 stuns all he has to do is sit and wait hit me with a stun if I cant dodge it then i stun break it then they stun me again rinse and repeat till all stunbreaks are gone then throw all the damage hes got at me when I'm out of stunbreaks! It only takes 1 stun to land to do this stupid setup.

you can remove the stun, and then... dodge the next one?lets say warrior has 7 stuns ( lol )you can dodge/block/blind/whatever 5 of them and remove the 2 that land.Giving damage back to CC doesnt mean they have to hit people for 10k.even 0,3-0,5 would do nicely. That extra 500-1500 dmg would add up. It would not kill you but contribute 10-20% of your hp, so the warrior is not garbo tier.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you can remove the stun, and then... dodge the next one?lets say warrior has 7 stuns ( lol )you can dodge/block/blind/whatever 5 of them and remove the 2 that land.Giving damage back to CC doesnt mean they have to hit people for 10k.even 0,3-0,5 would do nicely. That extra 500-1500 dmg would add up. It would not kill you but contribute 10-20% of your hp, so the warrior is not garbo tier.

Are you trying to defend this or just trying to teach me how to suck eggs mate ?

@skillze.7689 said:

Are you trying to defend this or just trying to teach me how to suck eggs mate ?

defend what?

@skillze.7689 said:So If I have two stunbreaks and the warrior has more than 3 stuns all he has to do is sit and wait hit me with a stun if I cant dodge it then i stun break it then they stun me again rinse and repeat till all stunbreaks are gone then throw all the damage hes got at me when I'm out of stunbreaks! It only takes 1 stun to land to do this stupid setup.

I mean, he can't just sit and wait, because warrior stuns are melee, and most of them have very clear telegraphs. Bull's charge and shield charge are VERY obvious. A warrior in the current state of the game does not have enough damage to kill a player within one stun. Even on the squishiest of targets, a full Bull's charge->Hundred Blades->Arcing Slice (which was a guaranteed kill before on targets without protection, and takes 4seconds to execute) often doesn't even kill. Hundred blades damage was nerfed by 50%, you can land the whole thing on someone and most of the time they don't even lose half their HP.

Also, why do you break stuns immediately? That's one of the worst practices and something people actively watch for. If a warrior doesn't have any burst ready he'll just CC you if he has something he really needs to interrupt, like your own heal or one of your own big attacks, rather than do damage. This is often not warranting of a stun break since the warrior's burst might not even be ready. Pay attention to what the other player is doing, don't immediately default to panic options. If a warrior is using mace (for some reason...) he can literally CC you 3 times in a row Mace3->Shield4->Mace Burst, all will do a grand total of 300 damage and only the last one of the CC's is worth stun breaking since the mace weapon set itself has no damage output. Nowadays people play spellbreaker with only 2 CC's, where dagger has 1 CC and basically no damage, so what you have to watch for are Bull's charge, or Shield Charge. That's literally it for CC.

hammer was one of those unloved and unused weapons on most professions anyway,if anything warrior/guardian hammer skills needed some slight buffs,instead they got colossal earth shattering nerfs.

at this point Anet might aswell delete hammer from both classes...

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:Give war as only class in the game the ability back to do dmg with stuns

Warrior lacks atm to deal dmg and it would give warrior more an unique selling point and dmg

The only class in game to do damage with CC...
laughs in LR ele and Terror necromancer.

Theif stolen guard still does big dmg on cc

I dont think that does "big" damage, 800+- raw with berserker+divinity, but still damage tho.

https://i.imgur.com/1EL7YN3.png

CC Spam is a coping mechanism for warrior mains like tubs of ice cream are for break-ups.

It's boring to play, and coming from someone who plays it, i'd go back to playing the typical strength/dagger build in a heartbeat, but the damage and sustain are bad compared to other classes filling the same role.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Dodging a typical dagger SB :

-dodge dagger main hand daze-dodge shield bash-dodge bull's rush-dodge rampage-dodge Full counter

Do you think all professions have phase retreat or blink or stealth or similar...or even ranged pressure at all? Not all professions have the luxury of pewpew a warrior from 1200+ range comfortably dodging the stuns, not all professions have stability on demand ( not anymore at least) , strength wars basically have perma vigor and pre-patch Might passive spamming was delivering upward of 7k healing to wars passively every 20s on average on top of the healing given by HS

After managing miraculously all CC skill you then need to dodge also arcing slice and the burst plus CC are relatively speaking on a low CD, all the while the wars was being carried by immense passive sustain that required no healing power investment, not only was war able to stunlock you but also your dmg was almost completely bypassed by their passive sustain.

Saying all this...not like I expect people to admit it anyway..

@Arheundel.6451 said:

-dodge dagger main hand daze-dodge shield bash-dodge bull's rush-dodge rampage-dodge Full counter

Do you think all professions have
phase retreat
or
blink
or
stealth
or similar...or even
ranged pressure
at all? Not all professions have the luxury of pewpew a warrior from 1200+ range comfortably dodging the stuns, not all professions have stability on demand ( not anymore at least) , strength wars basically have perma vigor and pre-patch Might passive spamming was delivering upward of 7k healing to wars passively every 20s on average on top of the healing given by HS

After managing miraculously all CC skill you then need to dodge also
arcing slice
and the burst plus CC are relatively speaking on a low CD, all the while the wars was being carried by immense passive sustain that required no healing power investment, not only was war able to stunlock you but also your dmg was almost completely bypassed by their passive sustain.

its exactly the same as dodging other classes.doding holo.have to dodge shield stun, barrage, every explosive entrance, every nade, leap or corona.you dont get stunned, but you lose half hp.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Do you think all professions have
phase retreat
or
blink
or
stealth
or similar...or even
ranged pressure
at all? Not all professions have the luxury of pewpew a warrior from 1200+ range comfortably dodging the stuns, not all professions have stability on demand ( not anymore at least) , strength wars basically have perma vigor and pre-patch Might passive spamming was delivering upward of 7k healing to wars passively every 20s on average on top of the healing given by HS

After managing miraculously all CC skill you then need to dodge also
arcing slice
and the burst plus CC are relatively speaking on a low CD, all the while the wars was being carried by immense passive sustain that required no healing power investment, not only was war able to stunlock you but also your dmg was almost completely bypassed by their passive sustain.

its exactly the same as dodging other classes.doding holo.have to dodge shield stun, barrage, every explosive entrance, every nade, leap or corona.you dont get stunned, but you lose half hp.

Maybe if CC lock would not exist in this game , people would not be so much against dmg on CC skills...if this was GW1 with decreased return on CC where you cannot CC the same target twice during the same CC phase, that would make the landing of CC actually skillful and not the keyboard faceroll that it's now where you just need to rotate all your CC on the target till he runs out of dodges and used couple of stunbreaks

@Shiyo.3578 said:I've never been stunlocked 100% to 0% by a single player, it's only an issue with multiple people.

this, if anything some classes should be even easier to stun.tell me honestly when was the last time you actually got to stun thief or ranger?ranger gets fat stack of stab and 2 stunbreakes on low cd, and thief has 3 stunbreakes on super mobile class that doesnt even get hit often in the first place.

Ranger has way, way, WAAAY too many stun breaks. Combine this with an absurd 9k heal on a 30s CD + 4k barrier + prot on a 24s cd and you have a nearly untouchable class.

I tried to attack a druid(not even a good class!) on s/d daredevil and I laughed. You basically can't interact with them as a melee class, you're perma cced or immobilized on top of their 570057075 stun breaks, evades, disengages, etc.

The other versions of ranger have MUCH less CC but are still far, far, far too slippery.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I've never been stunlocked 100% to 0% by a single player, it's only an issue with multiple people.

That would be easier to fix....we can start from stopping stealth acting like a de-facto stunbreak for example , increasing by 4x the CD of teleport skills like phase retreat etc etc etc...when all professions are on the same playing field...we'll see "who" doesn't get stunlocked 100% to 0% by a single player

Basically nerf first all busted class designs..then we talk about the problems of stunlock...it's easy to say "never been stunlocked" when your class design is busted

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I play dragon hunter with a single stun break slotted on a 48 second cooldown and I don't get stunlocked 100% to 0% by a single player.

I call that absolute BS the only stunbreak at 48s CD a dragonhunter has access to is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragments_of_Faith are you for real??

Catching a liar has never been easier....next time make sure I don't play the class you try to lie about

Yes, it's the only one I'm slotting in my build and I don't take virtues, thus I have a single stun break.Pretty much everyone slots 2 stun breaks, and has the capacity to do so. Two stun breaks is enough to never be cced 100% to 0% by a single player(unless it's a druid immob spamming you, sometimes)

Not sure why you're calling people liars, that isn't very nice.