Condi Revenants need to be nerfed effective immediately

aaron.7850

I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

I hear there is a balance patch coming up, so I expect the appropriate nerfs to be delivered to this broken class.

@"aaron.7850" said:I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

"dispelled"

Couldn't get em below 60%

Did you try dealing damage?

I hear there is a balance patch coming up, so I expect the appropriate nerfs to be delivered to this broken class.

This entire post is low quality bait tbf, shouldn't have replied but did anyway.

Condi revs are one of the easiest professions to be countered.already wrote that a couple of times ....

And just btw, condi rev is only good because of the condi meta. It can handle conditions and reflect them, Nothing else.It is a bunker-condi-meta. What do u expect? to kill everything in seconds?

Try power , ranged , corrupts&strips etc

@Virdo.1540 said:Condi revs are one of the easiest professions to be countered.already wrote that a couple of times ....

And just btw, condi rev is only good because of the condi meta. It can handle conditions and reflect them, Nothing else.It is a bunker-condi-meta. What do u expect? to kill everything in seconds?

So it's that easy? Just counter them? Why didn't I think of it!

When they leap towards you, dodge towards/through them. This stops them following up the pull with a pile of conditions. When they throw their axe at your, dodge for the same reason.

Don't let them sit on top of you in melee range, this is how you avoid the conditions from legend swap.

CC them heavily when they're in mallyx, stability and stunbreak access is poor outside of jalis. If you're a necro, wait for them to pop stability (jalis herald f2, jalis road) and then corrupt them. If they're getting stability from their road, corrupt their stab to get them off the road and then chain your CC together to keep them off of it.

Lastly, range is your friend. If you can kite them at all you can easily win.

@aaron.7850 said:I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

Nah, the condition system needs to be fixed.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Condi revs are one of the easiest professions to be countered.already wrote that a couple of times ....

So it's that easy? Just counter them? Why didn't I think of it!

just think 1minute of possible counters. If u cant even do that ,you are the problem.

Not everyone has an easy time against every class. But everyone has counter.

@aaron.7850 said:I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

I'm pretty sure that condi overall will be a focal target in the balance patch but I also don't expect Revenants to go anywhere really.

They are one of those really strongly designed classes with quite alot of hidden treasures in stats, traits and unique mechanics that tend to make them fairly strong contenders in whichever direction the balance takes. Not all other classes have that and are as such more prone to gimmicks that fit into certain metas better or worse. Some of that is to be expected (it requires work to address, balance is not about perfection or mirroring and some things are conceptually more gimmicky) and some of that is something that you'd ideally hope was addressed but it would require work on a design-level above a sheer balance-level. That could be a target of a balance patch (at least in a piecemeal way) but also doesn't have to be if balance itself is premiered over additional groundwork that in turn could lead to easier/better future balancing.

I believe the current balance pass is more about sheer balance and ironing out stuff from the prior groundwork, but I could be wrong.

revs got yet many hurting nerfs... i don't care about the condi variant tho, only roamers would play that anyways. nerf that stuff to the ground but give us back dps on "drop the hammer" :pensive:

with the last silly update the hammer 2 aiming system gone completely trash, hitting anything with it got so much worse :sleeping:

Condi Revs are actually extremely weak to Boon rips and Corruptions.

Their sole weakness is Condi, while their Mallyx gives them Resistance.

Ripping or Corrupting Resistance will make them melt extremely fast because they have rather costly gap closers which allow things like Scourge and Condi Thief to kite them to death.

WOW!

Hey ANET, @aaron.7850 fought ONE Condi Rev today, and because they couldn't beat it, Revs need NERFS...NOW!

Comedy Central, College Humour, even Jon Stewart has nothing on these forums man...lol

To be fair there are some nasty bunker options in WvW currently and most are condi but it's not like the other end of the spectrum does not exist anymore.

A full glass longbow/GS soulbeast (with tons of mobility) kills that condi rev in 10 seconds (3s of which the rev is saved by infuse light, 3s by his block, 2s by his two dodges and then 2s in which he will die).

@KrHome.1920 said:To be fair there are some nasty bunker options in WvW currently and most are condi but it's not like the other end of the spectrum does not exist anymore.

A full glass longbow/GS soulbeast (with tons of mobility) kills that condi rev in 10 seconds (3s of which the rev is saved by infuse light, 3s by his block, 2s by his two dodges and then 2s in which he will die).

Nerf soulbeast, I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of power damage on me and no matter how much I dodged he kept hitting me like it was nothing. ;)