[NA] [WvW] MAS - Might and Smarts - looking for fun, competitive WvW players

Pensadora.9478

• 2 weeks later...

The first time that I really started to take notice of MAS was when our servers were linked and I was commanding for a different guild. I was about to withdraw from a fight after suffering losses when I saw their tag coming towards us. This turned the tide of battle and we were able to completely wipe the enemy zerg. After that, we started to work together when we could and even merged our groups for some runs when my own group was low on numbers. This really helped me get a sense of who they were and I knew where I wanted to be when I needed a change. And, in October of this year, I'll have been with MAS for 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Year member here.

The first time I tried to play WvW I found a rather toxic climate with little tolerance towards new players.This led me to abandon this game mode for several years until one day I gave it a second chance and that's where I met MAS.

If I had to describe the qualities of this group in 5 words it would be:

• Experienced
  • Friendly
  • Powerful
  • Helpful
  • FUN

No matter if you're experienced or brand new, join us and become a legend!

Also, free potato with your application.

• 2 weeks later...

Come run with MAS in WvW. Experienced and new players welcome. Training, mentorship, friendships, fun and BAGS! Lots and lots of bags. We also offer plenty of bad jokes, occasional musical entertainment and cookies! If you're looking for a guild home without toxicity check us out! Running NA timezone on Anvil Rock.

Last night the Anvil Rock server opened up to transfers once more. If you're interested in learning more about us and potentially transferring to our server, please check us out at https://mas4eva.enjin.com/. Once you have submitted an application, we will schedule a time to have a chat with our leadership team to give you a chance to ask any questions that you may have and give us a chance to learn a little more about you. We look forward to hearing from you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been with MAS for just over a month. Prior to that I was running with pugs that just screamed "mess em up" when entering combat. MAS is the complete opposite. They, dare I say we, are a very chill WvW guild in that respect. Though, that's not to say we don't get results. The fights are organized with direction on where to focus efforts and move. Constructive feedback is given each raid on how to improve your gameplay throughout the night as well as a review after.

The leaders are even willing to look at gameplay recordings to see your rotations and skills you may not be utilizing. Case in point, I was struggling with cleanses, then they pointed out I was missing one big skill (doh!). Now I'm able to keep up most fights (not that it's a competition).

Anyway. Join MAS. Have fun. Win.

Oh ya. /dance

• 3 weeks later...

Giving a bump here. I've been with MAS for about 6 weeks now and echo everyone praising them in previous posts. Everyone has been nice and welcoming but still has a focus on improving and being competitive.

I was also told that this guild SPECIFICALLY stops to gather leather, which was really the tipping point in me applying :P

• 2 weeks later...

I joined MAS on June 2nd whenever AR finally opened up for transfers. Since then, my time in MAS has been exactly what I was looking for. I've been in competitive WvW guilds where everyone is super stressed out. Commanders are yelling at people. People are constantly frustrated, and no one is actually having a good time. I've also been in those WvW guilds where it is just run whatever you want, and we'll just have fun. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those two styles of guilds, but getting yelled at gets old and no one likes getting farmed for bags. MAS strikes a perfect balance between competitiveness and fun. Each night we run, we're out there first and foremost to have fun. But we are also constantly striving to get better. So if you want to get better at WvW and have fun while doing it, check us out.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the guild about 2 months ago now. It's got a nice group of people that know how to play the game, get into some great fights, farm some bags all while not being super hard core. You should check us out if you want to get a nice group of people to play WvW in!

• 4 weeks later...

While Anvil Rock may currently be full, it likely won't stay that way as populations tend to shift around. The current workaround to this would be to use the server linked to Anvil Rock to be able to play with our fight team. The server linking will last two months. Aside from the server randomly opening, the most likely time for the server to open would be close to the new linking (before and/or after it happens). If you have any questions about us, please reach out to Pre, myself or join our Discord. We look forward to hearing from you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joined MAS around 4 months ago (what even is time anymore in 2020) and have been having a blast!! Super fun, chill, and great group of people to play with! Strikes the perfect balance for me of relaxed and hard-core. Very medium Core!!MAS is a WvW focused guild first, but there are players that do Fractals and Raids as well. We all help each other when we can to get gear, learn a raid, or just getting a mount!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@"RioPrayogo.6514" said:Around what time do you guys do your scheduled events?

I know this response is super late. My apologies for that. Having said that, we currently have WvW runs on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday starting around 7 pm Central Time. We have been doing some havoc on Friday nights as well. Also, we would encourage anyone that has questions or interest in the guild to join our Discord at https://discord.gg/uAVSmz9Ehg as we may miss a respond to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!!

I joined MAS a while, one of the best guild or if not the BEST guild i have ever been it. I been playing Gw2 since the beginning, and these guy are just AWESOME peeps. If you love to do WvW this would be your guild, they welcome openly and we are a fun but structured! We like to practice so we can take on bigger group then us, it always fun. The leaders of the guild are great people and if you are interested please hit them up and come join us!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As it seems that some of our members are having trouble signing in to this website to give a friendly bump, I'll go ahead and bump this. We are always looking for new members to add to the team. Even if you are newer to WvW, please feel free to reach out to us as we are willing to help you learn. Also, community is important to us as we like to build friendships within our community. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bumpity Bump. I joined MAS mid February of this year, and I have to say its been a great experience! Its a good mix of both fun and seriousness, minus the toxicity found in other guilds. I've been looking for a guild to run with for WvW, but didn't want to join just any random guild. I wanted to fight in a structured guild, with build setups and compositions that work together as a team. MAS has definitely delivered that, and I find myself enjoying the game again! My only regret is not finding MAS sooner. Come and check it out!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to give this thread a bump as MAS looks to add more awesome people to our guild. We may be on the smaller side currently with how life has been going, but we still have a supportive and comfortable community that enjoys working together as a fight team.