The State of PvP

@Rukia.4802 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:They refuse to do anything about balance or cheaters in this game. Yet I come on the forums and call the devs idiots or say something bad about ANet, my post gets removed and I'm banned for a week. Just shows their priorities.

GW2 forums are a snowflake safezone.. I've been banned for such trivial kitten you wouldn't believe . I don't care anymore, stopped caring ages ago, just randomly noticed I was unbanned a few months ago when I had to login to my acc to get authenticator removed. There is a meme somewhere where dude got banned for 'negative feedback' or some such , its actually gotten better believe it or not.

Or you get a warning for mentioning nobody in specific, literally saying "that person" or "some ranger" is apparently against the rules. Hell, this will probably earn a warning.

Maybe it's a bot screening words in posts and auto-generating warnings. Idk. Pretty crazy though.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:They refuse to do anything about balance or cheaters in this game. Yet I come on the forums and call the devs idiots or say something bad about ANet, my post gets removed and I'm banned for a week. Just shows their priorities.

GW2 forums are a snowflake safezone.. I've been banned for such trivial kitten you wouldn't believe . I don't care anymore, stopped caring ages ago, just randomly noticed I was unbanned a few months ago when I had to login to my acc to get authenticator removed. There is a meme somewhere where dude got banned for 'negative feedback' or some such , its actually gotten better believe it or not.

Or you get a warning for mentioning nobody in specific, literally saying "that person" or "some ranger" is apparently against the rules. Hell, this will probably earn a warning.

Maybe it's a bot screening words in posts and auto-generating warnings. Idk. Pretty crazy though.Dont you find it weird that the ANET puts more effort in banning people on the forum then in the game.

• 5 months later...

I have played GW1 competitively, I have played GW2 PvP in it's beginnings.

At first, we had issues with no ladders, no AT's, poor balancing, virtually no rewards... me, and most of my friends keen on pvp quit circa 2013 world championships (which themselves were somewhat a joke of an esport).

As I came back after coupla 'a years I was excited that there's ATs, you can earn PvE stuff through PvP etc. , finally a ranking system and whatnot...I played circa 50 games, destroyed placements, got into Plat, and then it hit me:

Nearly every game has a bot, an afk person, or both. Most of the games are won by whoever has the worst player, or whoever has more bots / afks. Community is more toxic than moba and CS altogether. People, those that aren't plain bots, are terribly underskilled (do not call targets, do not follow targets, do not rotate, 'lemming' to death, do not finish people, etc).

It's literally a shitshow. It's unplayable, unbalanced, full of toxic sewage, bots, cheaters, the ratings are skewed, and from the economical perspective it's better to afk out a game for pips, than actually play it. What gives...

I guess we were right in ~2012 when we quit once we saw no future of GW2 as a valid pvp based game.

hadtorant

I'm about 1/2 way on the last Ascension achieve and the about 90% of the way to the neck (not the floaty ball version, you couldn't pay me to endure the tournament toxicity I experienced the one time I tried. Tournament could be good if people weren't so picky with teams most people would have more wins if there was more participation in general, but it feels like the winner is picked before they're started, barring botting/hacking. The team with the lowest skill and/or rank floor loses). AS soon as I complete them, i'll be raiding (provided I can find interested parties, RA hasn't been doing so hot the last few times I've checked in)/WvW for any legendaries I want. i'll still PVP because the legitimate matches I've had have made me a better player and I tend to own other roamers on WvW (scourges still give me issues), so I don't want to lose my edge, but it'll be like 3 matches a week on a class I WvW with.