Your new servers cannot even support world bosses like Teq

@SimplyRedie.6207 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Wait, am I really being blamed for the servers being unable to handle mass amounts of people?No, sorry, I ask in map chat and everyone else is also lagging. It has NOTHING to do with my connection and the servers inability to handle the amount of people maps are capped at.

Perhaps lower the amount of players that can be in a map at once if your servers are now worse and can't handle it.

Right ... you got this all figured out ... :astonished:

Nothing here is demonstrative of 'new servers' not being able to handle it. I've done Teq no problems ... is that 'new servers' can't handle it too?Or you don't know what lag is. Plenty of those around.

The fact I am aware that these problems AREN'T just related to 'new server' problems like the OP claims shouldn't lead you to think I'm not knowledgeable about lag. Anything else?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder how people can tell how many players are on a map, and that each and every one of them has either responded to a question, or volunteered information.

I'm sure many players experience lag, and any other number of irritating happenstances, but the statement, "Everyone/All 10-15-23 on the map...." seems difficult to substantiate.

Lag is my daily meal. Eating them with yogurt in the morning, rice at noon, and potato at night.

Those who tried to defend and saying lag doesn't exist, count yourself very lucky. And if you come into a thread that is specifically complaining abt lag, just to make a point that the OP is the one at fault, not your holy Anet that you worship, I really wish you'll be at the receiving end one day. See if you like it. What a useless post to contribute to.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:I did teq for 5 years, zero latency lag. Now you get tons of lag anywhere on the map when doing teq.

If your new servers cannot even support your games content, then your servers are not functional for your game. It's time to revert back to your old servers and not downgrading just to save costs, unless you think saving costs is worth losing players who won't play a game that's a laggy mess in any big meta event.

Big open world meta events is one of the unique things of your game, and it's main selling points. Your servers cannot support such content, that's bad.

Fix it.

What makes you think that's related to 'new servers'? Do you even know how much infrastructure is between you and the server or understand how it affects your performance?

Even if the problem isn't with the servers themselves, and is in fact something between the client and the server... I still think that's valid justification to at least ask Anet to consider reverting to what worked previously.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:I did teq for 5 years, zero latency lag. Now you get tons of lag anywhere on the map when doing teq.

If your new servers cannot even support your games content, then your servers are not functional for your game. It's time to revert back to your old servers and not downgrading just to save costs, unless you think saving costs is worth losing players who won't play a game that's a laggy mess in any big meta event.

Big open world meta events is one of the unique things of your game, and it's main selling points. Your servers cannot support such content, that's bad.

Fix it.

What makes you think that's related to 'new servers'? Do you even know how much infrastructure is between you and the server or understand how it affects your performance?

Even if the problem isn't with the servers themselves, and is in fact something between the client and the server... I still think that's valid justification to at least ask Anet to consider reverting to what worked previously.

So, go back to old hardware from several years ago?

@Westenev.5289 said:

Fix it.

Let's imagine the issue lies with one of the few Tier 1 backbones that lie between player and ArenaNet server(s). Issues with backbones come and go (Telia and Level 3 often have issues). Would reverting to the old NCSoft servers eliminate the problem? Only if the path to the old servers used a different backbone. As more and more traffic over the years uses the internet, congestion can occur.

One possible solution may be a VPN that takes a different path to the server (bypassing any routes with issues).

As far as lag at World Boss events, the single biggest clue that it is not something specifically on my end is that I have very different lag experiences when I play at reset/post-reset compared to playing the same events at late night slots. Reset/post-reset is the worst lag. Ley Line Anomaly is guaranteed skill lag. Tequatl and Karka have gotten worse in the last several months too. Triple Trouble has animation lag that varies day to day.

All of these exact same events at the late night slots are virtually lag free for me. There is definitely a time-of-day component involved. This could explain why some people experience lag and others don't. It depends on what time they're playing, and in what region. The consistent lag at reset/post-reset (peak player count in my region) suggests it is a congestion issue. Whether the congestion occurs at AWS or something in between us, is hard to say.

Running trace routes can offer clues. This trace from last month shows a nearly doubling in latency beginning with the first Amazon-owned node (Hop # 12) along with significant packet loss. It seems to suggest my lag experience that time originated with Amazon.

P5npiIH.png

Amazon owns a Tier 1 backbone, which is not the same as the Amazon Servers that ArenaNet uses for the game.
The above PingPlotter graph shows trouble at a Tier 1 backbone.
Both your ISP and ArenaNet can contact the backbone facilitators (which sits between the two) and ask that the issue be looked into. Though, it may just be a matter of 'congestion'/high volume due to increased internet usage at this time.

Fix it.

Yeah, now it feels like I'm playing WoW, who now also has huge issues with latency in zerg fights. Seems everyone is going for the cheap server route, ESO has major latency in zerg pvp too, luckily its not an issue in open world tho for some odd reason.

I've had double the ping ever since they swapped to amazon servers from 60 to 120 but this lag is literally unplayable to get a proper rotation off, not that it rly matters anyway since most stuff comes down to spamming 1.. still doesn't feel good at all.

@Westenev.5289 said:

Fix it.

No, because you are assuming that fixes what's wrong when you don't know the cause.

I transferred to EU servers. I get zero lag at Teq on EU even though I'm from NA and connecting overseas, makes a lot of sense right?

Apparently on EU, POF maps lag beyond comprehension, though.

Please do something about your servers, there is clearly something VERY wrong with them.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/726952176982818877/unknown.png

This has been my experience on NA the past few months. It use to be with a lesser CPU I could lower a couple settings and avoid any performance issues.

Other then the legendary Ley Line boss, which lags all the time.Teq, I attended at 5PM at reset always a full map as I join early, lags sometimes only when in p2 forward, at his feet once I leave the clusterto ends, and its occasionally. While I know from chat others in the map are having issues when and where I'm not. No other PvE map have I encountered lag.

If it was just the servers, we'd all have the same experience when on the same map.

Either way ANet seems not to care they'd rather add flame spouting capes and floating balls then fix difficult issues these days.

@"Jilora.9524" said:Your exp isn't everyone's. Did you change computers- isp -move -from eu on na server etc. If every teq was as you say why aren't 200 people complaining?

There are enough reports and experiences about it, not only in the forum.

Also, many are not interested in reporting this or that in the forum or elsewhere (for whatever reason). They want to spend their time playing the game without increasing or annoying lags caused by the (growing) spaghetti code or the servers. Where you used to have a fluid game in the environment of "meta-events", today lags are no exception (anymore).

I, for example, am also getting more and more tired, ... to motivate myself for the game, be it in the game itself, the forum or something like that. Related to the communication of circumstances that affect the play(ing) experience. If it annoys me, I just stop playing.

@Metzie.3012 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:Your exp isn't everyone's. Did you change computers- isp -move -from eu on na server etc. If every teq was as you say why aren't 200 people complaining?

There are enough reports and experiences about it, not only in the forum.

Also, many are not interested in reporting this or that in the forum or elsewhere (for whatever reason). They want to
spend their time playing the game
without increasing or annoying lags caused by the (growing) spaghetti code or the servers. Where you used to have a fluid game in the environment of "meta-events", today lags are no exception (anymore).

I, for example, am also getting more and more tired, ... to motivate myself for the game, be it in the game itself, the forum or something like that. Related to the communication of circumstances that affect the play(ing) experience. If it annoys me, I just stop playing.

Like I tried to ask for more info. I don't lag at all anywhere. East coast Na server verizon internet old ass computer. We already got some extra info like his teq lagged on NA but not on EU and PoF is a problem for EU and WvW is a problem for alot. Burt yeah people keep responding to my month old comment with the same nothing info except I lag Anet fix. It has to be something else if besides anet fix servers if everyone has such different experience but I really don't care anymore since y'all just want to be like I'm the asshole cause I don't get lag. Gl figuring it out because I'm on the same servers as everyone else