Thief best roamer class for 7 years

Every1 keeps talking about holos and revs but people forgot how thief has been the best roamer class for the entire existence of the game with the exception of HoT launch where rev replaced thief for a few months. If you wanna play any sort of glass cannon roamer +1 spec thats not a thief well good luck because its not viable as soon as you re in plat and even less in at/mat.

Thief needs some nerfs in the next patch to make other roamers more viable. just how the current side noders need nerfs to make other side noders more viable. Either nerf thief or buff some other specs that could fit the same role. Even power rev is dead now, every1 just went condi side node in tournaments and high tier pvp.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Skyronight.6370 said:not a single class has been viable for 7 years straight except thief. i wonder why....

it's called the shortbow 5 syndrome. if the wiki's correct, it's amazing this skill has never been nerfed before. there were times where thief as a class was bad and weak, but still got played just because of its mobility.

edit: apparently shortbow5 was nerfed before. wiki just doesn't show.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I doubt you play the game 7 years, or you actually play one of the real problematic classes.

NecroRevEngiGuard

Always in conquest are top picks in one form or another

But but but...thief can decap...lol...

That is literally going to be your argument.

i can safely tell you thief has been meta for 7 years.rev/engi/guard also had very long up time, necro is less so, but none of them compete with thief. i can't remember thief being non meta except hot launch.thief has been one of my most played class simply because it is meta for so long.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Skyronight.6370 said:not a single class has been viable for 7 years straight except thief. i wonder why....

it's called the shortbow 5 syndrome. if the wiki's correct, it's amazing this skill has never been nerfed before. there were times where thief as a class was bad and weak, but still got played just because of its mobility.

not just mobility, steal backstab is also too good at coordinating burst in team play. it's entire kit is just good for conquest. shortbow 5 alone without steal couldn't secure thief's spot for so long.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I doubt you play the game 7 years, or you actually play one of the real problematic classes.

NecroRevEngiGuard

Always in conquest are top picks in one form or another

But but but...thief can decap...lol...

That is literally going to be your argument.

i can safely tell you thief has been meta for 7 years.rev/engi/guard also had very long up time, necro is less so, but none of them compete with thief. i can't remember thief being non meta except hot launch.thief has been one of my most played class simply because it is meta for so long.

not just mobility, steal backstab is also too good at coordinating burst in team play. it's entire kit is just good for conquest. shortbow 5 alone without steal couldn't secure thief's spot for so long.

Close but almost whole HoT until the end rev > thief and thief wasnt picked at all.

So very close, there was also a cele meta with 2 medi hammer 2 dd cele ele and shoutbow.

@Skyronight.6370 said:Every1 keeps talking about holos and revs but people forgot how thief has been the best roamer class for the entire existence of the game with the exception of HoT launch where rev replaced thief for a few months. If you wanna play any sort of glass cannon roamer +1 spec thats not a thief well good luck because its not viable as soon as you re in plat and even less in at/mat.

Thief needs some nerfs in the next patch to make other roamers more viable. just how the current side noders need nerfs to make other side noders more viable. Either nerf thief or buff some other specs that could fit the same role. Even power rev is dead now, every1 just went condi side node in tournaments and high tier pvp.

So you want the most squishy, mediocre damage class in the game to not have the best mobility? Man I sure hope a-net hires you to manage balance, so I can finally quit this game.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Skyronight.6370 said:Every1 keeps talking about holos and revs but people forgot how thief has been the best roamer class for the entire existence of the game with the exception of HoT launch where rev replaced thief for a few months. If you wanna play any sort of glass cannon roamer +1 spec thats not a thief well good luck because its not viable as soon as you re in plat and even less in at/mat.

So you want the most squishy, mediocre damage class in the game to not have the best mobility? Man I sure hope a-net hires you to manage balance, so I can finally quit this game.

if you think thief is squishy try playing any other full zerker glass cannon build and see how fast you die compared to thief. you will get easely focused and die cuz you dont have an insta cast 1200 range teleport or stealth on demand and evades.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

Squishy . yes but he is not the only one and you forgot about stealth ,teleport and panic bottoms (Dagger Storm,Roll for Initiative,.......)Mediocre Damage . yes but you forgot about steal and CC that enable him to kill with that mediocre damage (and condi thief dont have mediocre damage ofc)

So yea having all that with mobility is not balanced for conquest**

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Squishy . yes but he is not the only one and you forgot about stealth ,teleport and
panic bottoms
(Dagger Storm,Roll for Initiative,.......)Mediocre Damage . yes but you forgot about steal and CC that enable him to kill with that mediocre damage (and condi thief dont have mediocre damage ofc)

So yea having all that with mobility is not balanced for
conquest

I know it's just a silly typo but this genuinely made me laugh. Thanks for that ??

@Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:

Squishy . yes but he is not the only one and you forgot about stealth ,teleport and
panic bottoms
(Dagger Storm,Roll for Initiative,.......)Mediocre Damage . yes but you forgot about steal and CC that enable him to kill with that mediocre damage (and condi thief dont have mediocre damage ofc)

So yea having all that with mobility is not balanced for
conquest

I know it's just a silly typo but this genuinely made me laugh. Thanks for that ??

You are welcome

@Bazsi.2734 said:

O please do :)I think thief needs movement speed nerf since it can blink here and there OR nerfed blinks but kept speed.

@Skyronight.6370 said:

if you think thief is squishy try playing any other full zerker glass cannon build and see how fast you die compared to thief. you will get easely focused and die cuz you dont have an insta cast 1200 range teleport or stealth on demand and evades.

Yeah, do that. And you will see that you dont die nearly as fast as the thief does if he doesnt instantly run away. Squishy doesnt mean "cant run away", it means "cant survive when fighting". If you remove thieves mobility, he cant even run away. What do you think that does to the class?

Edit: Oh and thief has far below average evades nowadays (basically 1 extra evade every 30 seconds, and maybe 1 evade in daggerstorm every 90, except most thieves dont run daggerstorm anymore), and "on demand stealth" is pretty useless in-combat, and just gets you killed.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@"Skyronight.6370" said:Every1 keeps talking about holos and revs but people forgot how thief has been the best roamer class for the entire existence of the game with the exception of HoT launch where rev replaced thief for a few months. If you wanna play any sort of glass cannon roamer +1 spec thats not a thief well good luck because its not viable as soon as you re in plat and even less in at/mat.

Squishy . yes but he is not the only one and you forgot about stealth ,teleport and panic bottoms (Dagger Storm,Roll for Initiative,.......)Mediocre Damage . yes but you forgot about steal and CC that enable him to kill with that mediocre damage (and condi thief dont have mediocre damage ofc)

Thieves panic buttons are worse than those other classes have. And Daggerstorm and Roll for Initiative are no longer played, sooo. No one forgot about stealth, stealth is just irrelevant in the middle of a fight. And no, thieves CC is always below average, and neither it nor steal allow thief to kill with the mediocre damage. If youre fighting 1v1, you never kill someone as thief. Its a +1 class.

So yea having all that with mobility is not balanced for conquest**

"All that" is very little. And the truth is, take all of it away, and thief is still good. Thief exists purely because of shortbow 5. The remaining class is so pathetically underpowered that it was unplayable in the gamemode where shortbow 5 didnt matter. Thats also why they dont nerf shortbow 5. Because if they did, they would have to throw so many buffs at thief, people here would throw a fit.

@Skyronight.6370 said:

All I'm playing nowadays is full zerker glass cannon builds. For some reason I'm not dying any more compared to my thief matches. It's a pure l2p problem for those who do.If you play anything and die more then 2 times in a conquest match, apart from extremely nieche cases you are hard-throwing for your team with your inability to rotate and to forsee the future.Also which class has none of the following: insta cast teleports/stealth/evades?nErF tEeF!

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

O please do :)I think thief needs movement speed nerf since it can blink here and there OR nerfed blinks but kept speed.

Serious question, what would a less mobile thief be good at? What would its role be?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Yeah, do that. And you will see that you dont die nearly as fast as the thief does if he doesnt instantly run away. Squishy doesnt mean "cant run away", it means "cant survive when fighting". If you remove thieves mobility, he cant even run away. What do you think that does to the class?

Edit: Oh and thief has far below average evades nowadays (basically 1 extra evade every 30 seconds, and maybe 1 evade in daggerstorm every 90, except most thieves dont run daggerstorm anymore), and "on demand stealth" is pretty useless in-combat, and just gets you killed.

the usual things that you type are fucking stupid but this one takes the cake

" Oh and thief has far below average evades nowadays (basically 1 extra evade every 30 seconds, and maybe 1 evade in daggerstorm every 90, except most thieves dont run daggerstorm anymore), and "on demand stealth" is pretty useless in-combat, and just gets you killed. "holly molly dude

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

the usual things that you type are kitten stupid but this one takes the cake

" Oh and thief has far below average evades nowadays (basically 1 extra evade every 30 seconds, and maybe 1 evade in daggerstorm every 90, except most thieves dont run daggerstorm anymore), and "on demand stealth" is pretty useless in-combat, and just gets you killed. "holly molly dude

Don't know if that is the one that takes the cake. He has an impressive resume of face-palmy stuff.