Dragon Bash 2020 is live in Guild Wars 2!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to scale up a bit (or down if that it's the case) the stampede minions. The baddies evaporate like mist as soon as a couple of strong players arrives, the only minion with some semblance of health bar are the veterans and even those don't last long. You just need a couple of necro/ranger/guardian, you name it, with their AOE to wipe everything. And with all those candy boosters, players go "to war" like it was a CM fractal :D.

I know it's a festival and should be easy and accessible, etc, but those weak minions also don't let players without a mount to get to the points in time (unless they are lucky or happen to have a Waypoint next to one).

For full maps, make the minions a tad stronger, for lower populated maps just adjust.

So ... after some playing I can give more feedback:

Compared to Festival of the Four Winds there seems to be less interesting stuff here. Compared to SAB ... it seems fine. Since SAB felt a bit more grindy when trying to go for the skins from tribulation mode.

The permanent achievements I already have almost finished. (I did most last year and saved some because I don't like to grind. Compared to halloween it is a lot less grind in the repeatables for the AP.)

The racing and pinata are fun. I do them once a day for gold (pinata) and race (silver and maybe a few more tries to see if I get lucky for gold it is a bit hard unless I train a lot which I don't want).

From what I have seen there is the Arena and Stampede for grinding (race and pinata bashing can't be grinded since the chests are daily once) - which I don't like. Doing it only when it is on daily. (A bit more for annuals which I almost finished all already.)

So I think with the rewards - which I like - it is a nice festival. A bit activities for fun. Stuff for people that like grind. And doesn't feel like it is "forcing" us to do that much. Dailies are finished easy and giving a good amount of Zhaitaffy already to get a few Jorbreakers. Other than that stuff can be bought at TP (Jorbreaker or chests). I guess doing as much as you want of the Stampede might be good to make some money. With the price of coffers (which might go down) being around 30 silver (yesterday or so when I checked) and a full stampede giving almost 1 gold (up to 10 times a day).

I'll focus on the dailies and permanent stuff and annuals remaining. Then only doing dailies and race + pinata bash (each day even if not on daily). Ignorig the stampede. Too crowded and most boring activity of all. (Only interesting for the achievement for coffers. Drops while killing a few - which you only get since zerged down fast - mobs ... are low.)

Dragon Bash is boring except for the deco in Hoelbrak, the beetle race and the adventure. The arena isn't challenging at all (was it nerfed this year??), the stampede is stressful and nothing else, and you rarely find mates for the arena survival mode. Getting Jorbreakers takes forever if you don't grind the arena, which adds to the negative impression I have of the festival. I was hoping they would add something fun to it this year. :/

@Luthan.5236 said:Compared to SAB ... it seems fine.

What?! :o SAB is challenging and fun, and doing the dailies there doesn't feel like a chore (unlike Dragon Bash).

I'm not fan of the arena at all, you lose time between bosses with those minions waves not even giving you loot! Once the dailies are made; I just disconnect, i have 0 interest doing the same activity again and again. And when I earn 7 dragon chests and see it worth 3g on tp, I just open them and go away. Doing something else. I hate dragon bash more than lunar new year. I am impatient to play the festival of four winds.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Linken.6345 said:have you even checked the collection for them?@Jilora.9524 said:You don't need to keep them as it's a collection.Since when?

Idk since when. Since the 1st one when you got it it also unlocked the collection and I have thrown all 4 before this one out because it is in the collection and once festival of the four winds comes out all will be useless except the invitation to the party one you get when you collect all 6. I bet they still mail these out every year from now on too for new players to complete the collection.

Well it do say if you lose it you can buy it back from a merchant so, unsure if you need to keep it or not.

Would be funny if you had to wait a year to get your collection done.If you have to have them in inventory to upgrade to the multipass tho. :)

Well that's I bet if you delete the Halloween one by accident before Halloweens over. Once the festival is over you don't need that pass for the multipass. The collection I have has 5 of 6 with 4 deleted and on day one of festival of four winds I'll get the multipass and can even delete the four winds one and use the multipass then and foreva

I don't even know why ANET thinks we need a multipass. Every festival but the Four Winds takes place in a Capital City, and they was already a free port to the Cliffs from those cities. Even after you replace 6 passes with 1, it's still a wasted slot.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Luthan.5236" said:Compared to SAB ... it seems fine.

What?! :o SAB is challenging and fun, and doing the dailies there doesn't feel like a chore (unlike Dragon Bash).

I meant to compare the "grind level" - and personally I might have a different taste. But yeah SAB is fun. But it takes long (and is repetitive) to get all the tribulation mode skins. Really a chore. Dailies are fine for both. Dragon Bash dailies are also repetitive but they feel a bit faster to do.

I agree on the grind for Jorbreakers. But I don't need them that much. (SAB had a lot more stuff where I needed to play more and it got more repetitive feeling like grind.) By just doing the dailies I can get a bit of the stuff I want. I guess it is mainly annoying for the weekly vendor. SAB basically by doing it daily once you had tons of bauble bubbles for getting the weekly vendor exchange voucher and 3 of the legendary shards chests. And still currency left over to buy other stuff.

Here by doing the dailies + lil bit grind it is maybe enough for the node for me. I hope for lucky drops of Jorbreakers from the coffers (but it might be better to sell them an buy Jorbreakers).

I guess they wanted to have the currency harder to obtain here since it can be bought at the TP. Fast farming for every festival might be a bit too much which they don't want. (Festival tokens in festival of the four winds will be a lot easier gain but I felt SAB to be the easiest to gain currency.)

Halloween seriously has the biggest grind. Running that labyrinth for hours to get the doors achievment (which can be repeated 5 times or so) ... I couldn't be botherred to do it more than once last year. (And it was a pain already.) :D + except the clocktower literally everythign there is boring.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:BTW I should have looked before hand but no use in purchasing the new gobbler if you already have the wintersday one since they cancel each other out. Unless that is unintentional but I am pretty sure it was intentional.

What do the gobblers buff do?

The candy corn one I believe is a 50% boost and then the wintersday and dragon bash ones do 25% but that is where I found they don't stack because they will just remove the other if you try to use both.

Edit: I didn't read patch notes prior to posting that but as I see now they've made it where that wintersday and zhaitaffy one share the same boost now as a festival gobbler boost.

I noticed that you have two versions of "Bash the Dragon". One has very high energy and the NPCs dance to it. The other is very low energy and is played all the time now. If fact it has so low energy not even the NPCs even bother dancing to it. Is this by design?

The not getting credit thing for the stampedes is getting old. I skip Lorna's Pass at this point, as it seems to be the worse offender, but I'm staring at 3/10 right now and I'm pretty sure that should be 4, even after skipping LP.

I'm sure it's some sort of code to prevent botters from easy wins, but just like the way the TSA works, it's all reactionary, and ends up hurting everyone else. If I kill one little minion and tag one vet in each phase, I should get my bronze/silver/gold.

HxZ8Evh.png

@"ksgates.3509" said:I noticed that you have two versions of "Bash the Dragon". One has very high energy and the NPCs dance to it. The other is very low energy and is played all the time now. If fact it has so low energy not even the NPCs even bother dancing to it. Is this by design?

NPCs only dance in one place, and only at certain scheduled times, if I remember correctly. I'm sure there was a post, or video, or Guild Chat about it.

@"notebene.3190" said:The not getting credit thing for the stampedes is getting old. I skip Lorna's Pass at this point, as it seems to be the worse offender, but I'm staring at 3/10 right now and I'm pretty sure that should be 4, even after skipping LP.

I'm sure it's some sort of code to prevent botters from easy wins, but just like the way the TSA works, it's all reactionary, and ends up hurting everyone else. If I kill one little minion and tag one vet in each phase, I should get my bronze/silver/gold.

HxZ8Evh.png

You need to do enough damage to a group spawn of them what is that 5-6?

When you see a gold event star pop after damaging a nodes mobs, you dont have to chase any more hologram nodes.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"notebene.3190" said:The not getting credit thing for the stampedes is getting old. I skip Lorna's Pass at this point, as it seems to be the worse offender, but I'm staring at 3/10 right now and I'm pretty sure that should be 4, even after skipping LP.

HxZ8Evh.png

When you see a gold event star pop after damaging a nodes mobs, you dont have to chase any more hologram nodes.

That's good to know. For some reason, there's just something wrong with Lorna's Pass though. I walk away with nothing so many times there. I've recently started skipping that zone, and it's been a much better experience since.

@notebene.3190 said:

@notebene.3190 said:The not getting credit thing for the stampedes is getting old. I skip Lorna's Pass at this point, as it seems to be the worse offender, but I'm staring at 3/10 right now and I'm pretty sure that should be 4, even after skipping LP.

HxZ8Evh.png

That's good to know. For some reason, there's just something wrong with Lorna's Pass though. I walk away with nothing so many times there. I've recently started skipping that zone, and it's been a much better experience since.

north west most waypoint abit south east along the road there are 2 nodes close to eachother they usualy pop 1-4 times when Im on that map with my core only acount.

Dont chase nodes with the big commander squad just wait with patience bettwen 2-3 node spawns.

Very limited and stopped festival! With a limit on the acquisition of pieces of zaithaffy and a slow, boring and limited way to get the safes. I'm only playing Dragon Bash 2020 because of the new holographic weapons, except that I can only see boring and unpleasant farm mechanics.Dragon Arena is a pool of boredom. Monsters drop several "nothing". (Exp only. But why would I need XP if I'm already at the top level?)Stampede sucks! It's never so easy to hit mobs. There is always someone who arrives before and kills the monsters before you. Not to mention that it happens over a long interval and on a single map at a time, which makes the map very overloaded with players.It is not a type of festival to be played for hours, but to be played for a few minutes. I'm doing this, I log in every day, get my limited zaithaffys, participate in the races and complete the 3 dailys of the festival.My opinion!!! Thanks and bye !!!

@"lummuss.6850" said:Very limited and stopped festival! With a limit on the acquisition of pieces of zaithaffy and a slow, boring and limited way to get the safes. I'm only playing Dragon Bash 2020 because of the new holographic weapons, except that I can only see boring and unpleasant farm mechanics.Dragon Arena is a pool of boredom. Monsters drop several "nothing". (Exp only. But why would I need XP if I'm already at the top level?)Stampede sucks! It's never so easy to hit mobs. There is always someone who arrives before and kills the monsters before you. Not to mention that it happens over a long interval and on a single map at a time, which makes the map very overloaded with players.It is not a type of festival to be played for hours, but to be played for a few minutes. I'm doing this, I log in every day, get my limited zaithaffys, participate in the races and complete the 3 dailys of the festival.My opinion!!! Thanks and bye !!!

If your after zhaitaffys why would you not do all 6 of the easy dailys that award 100 each day?

I was pretty sure what to expect from the festival and it turned out I was right. No expectations so no disappointment, except for one thing: the weekly merchant. I'd hoped they'd update it, like they did with the SAB one. The only thing he offers that I might've had a use for are the chests of legendary shards, but they're way, way, WAY overpriced. Now, I know ANet doesn't set the TP prices, but they could've anticipate them this year and made some adjustments to the merchant. At 5 jorbreakers per chest, you're paying much, much more per shard. If you just sell the jorbreakers, you can craft 5 times as many shards as you get from this merchant, and that's for the most expensive shards.

All in all, the weekly merchant is pretty much useless for people who are up-to-date with the content, and a total rip-off for people thinking to get into making a legendary and think this merchant will let them cut some corners.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I was pretty sure what to expect from the festival and it turned out I was right. No expectations so no disappointment, except for one thing: the weekly merchant. I'd hoped they'd update it, like they did with the SAB one. The only thing he offers that I might've had a use for are the chests of legendary shards, but they're way, way, WAY overpriced. Now, I know ANet doesn't set the TP prices, but they could've anticipate them this year and made some adjustments to the merchant. At 5 jorbreakers per chest, you're paying much, much more per shard. If you just sell the jorbreakers, you can craft 5 times as many shards as you get from this merchant, and that's for the most expensive shards.

All in all, the weekly merchant is pretty much useless for people who are up-to-date with the content, and a total rip-off for people thinking to get into making a legendary and think this merchant will let them cut some corners.

Oh I dident know this thanks for letting me know not to waste gold the next 2 weeks mate.

For several days now, I have watched the Hologram Stampede consistently finish in five to seven minutes on every map, followed by eight to ten minutes of everyone standing around complaining that the Stampede events are paced too slow. I agree. I think strongly that the timing of the Stampede needs to be shortened from every fifteen minutes to every ten minutes. Doing so would leave three to five minutes between rounds; plenty of time for players to change maps, prep for the next round and so forth, without the delay between rounds being longer than the rounds themselves.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Dragon Bash is boring except for the deco in Hoelbrak, the beetle race and the adventure. The arena isn't challenging at all (was it nerfed this year??), the stampede is stressful and nothing else, and you rarely find mates for the arena survival mode. Getting Jorbreakers takes forever if you don't grind the arena, which adds to the negative impression I have of the festival. I was hoping they would add something fun to it this year. :/

• I don't think the arena was nerfed; I think it's just that the arena isn't new this year like it was last year. More people know the mechanics now, therefore the fights are easier.
  • Agreed that the Stampede is nothing but minutes of rushing stress followed by even more minutes of boredom (see post above) and the way it's designed is totally unfair to newer players who don't have mounts.
  • Survival mode is not meant for just any random five people to walk in and out at will. If you want to last ten rounds for the achievement, then you need structured group composition pretty much like a raid subgroup or fractal. You need a healer. You need boon strip. You need AOE and CC. And you have to watch mechanics and keep moving or you'll be downed before you know it. This is what guildmates and LFG are for.

Agreed with everyone's general sentiment that the rewards for Dragon Bash are not substantial enough. If I do all the available Dragon Bash dailies every day, including whacking 35 pinatas for daily Zhaitaffy, ten rounds of Stampede for the daily bonuses, and a beetle race just for the relatively easy gold clear, I can expect to get somewhere around 80-100 coffers a day depending on RNG. That plus the Zhaitaffy translates to roughly one to three Jorbreakers per day without extra grinding, if I'm lucky with the coffers. At that pace, I'll be lucky to get both minis and MAYBE the Shattered wings this year without having to buy Jorbreakers from the TP; can't even imagine the 100 Jorbreakers for the other wings and the weapon collections. I think the rewards need revised with a model and currency exchange rate more like SAB, but YMMV.

@Jimbru.6014 said:

• I don't think the arena was nerfed; I think it's just that the arena isn't new this year like it was last year. More people know the mechanics now, therefore the fights are easier.

Hmm, I am uncertain on this as it really feels too easy this year (less minions spawning?).

• Agreed that the Stampede is nothing but minutes of rushing stress followed by even more minutes of boredom (see post above) and the way it's designed is totally unfair to newer players who don't have mounts.

Agreed.

• Survival mode is not meant for just any random five people to walk in and out at will. If you want to last ten rounds for the achievement, then you need structured group composition pretty much like a raid subgroup or fractal. You need a healer. You need boon strip. You need AOE and CC. And you have to watch mechanics and keep moving or you'll be downed before you know it. This is what guildmates and LFG are for.

I did the achievement last years, and it' not about that. It's still very repetitive, even though it is more of a challenge than the normal mode arena.

Agreed with everyone's general sentiment that the rewards for Dragon Bash are not substantial enough. If I do all the available Dragon Bash dailies every day, including whacking 35 pinatas for daily Zhaitaffy, ten rounds of Stampede for the daily bonuses, and a beetle race just for the relatively easy gold clear, I can expect to get somewhere around 80-100 coffers a day depending on RNG. That plus the Zhaitaffy translates to roughly one to three Jorbreakers per day without extra grinding, if I'm lucky with the coffers. At that pace, I'll be lucky to get both minis and MAYBE the Shattered wings this year without having to buy Jorbreakers from the TP; can't even imagine the 100 Jorbreakers for the other wings and the weapon collections. I think the rewards need revised with a model and currency exchange rate more like SAB, but YMMV.

:+1:

But who has got the time to do all the dailies every day? They are extremely time consuming and, as you stated, feel very unrewarding for the time invested. The Jorbreaker currency takes indeed too long to acquire a decent amount of for all the extras and the weekly stuff you can buy with it. They should have decreased the required amount (10 for the home instance node and weeklies is insane, you need to farm the event 24/7 to acquire enough of those).

Oh - as for the Dragon Bash dailies: Compared to other festivals ... doing them all is pretty fast. Halloween or other festivals have a bit "grindier" stuff. (Waiting for doors to spawn in labyrinth if they are on daily with the zerg quickly farming them.)

10-20 minutes for Dragon Bash dailies isn't that much time. Stampede probably takes the longest. Bashing the daily pinatas and the fireworks is super fast. Minion masher you do just 2 bonus rounds in the arena. For getting Zhaitaffy that easy - I like to do them. (But I basically do only them ... not farming other stuff. Arena and Stampetd is too repetitive but I like it to not have too much interesting stuff to do - easier to plan my time when I can ignore those easier.)

I agree if you mean "all" like all of the dailies (not only the festival ones) - that would be a bit too much. For the normal dailies probably not many peole are doing more than the 3 needed to get the 2 gold.

The weekly trader is the biggest thing ... which is way too expensive compared to the SAB where you could just do your daily runs having money to buy all stuff from weekly trader and still currency (bauble bubbles) left for the skins, minis and stuff. (Then again: You can buy the Jorbreaker at the TP and I heard of people using the achievement reward for 5 dailies or so ... to get the Jorbreakre to sell them - to buy other stuff. Prices might drop during festival and with everyone buying the node and farming it daily ... people that don't use it and just sell to buy other stuff while ignoring the festival skins.)

I always buy stuff from the weekly festival vendor because I'm swimming in the currency needed for it. Not with Dragon Bash, though. 1,000 pieces of Zhaitaffy might be a good number to create a Jorbreaker (like with snowflakes and candy corn), but it's way too much as currency for the weekly vendor. As such I've completely ignored the vendor for this festival. If they change the currency to 250 Zhaitaffy pieces instead of Jorbreakers, then I might buy stuff from the vendor. But Zhaitaffy is a lot more difficult to get than candy corn (which you can gather from nodes in the myriad instances there are during Halloween) or snowflakes. So either they should drop the price to 250 Zhaitaffy instead of 1 Jorbreaker, or they should give us a means of steadily and consistently gathering Zhaitaffy (for instance, a JP you can constantly run or nodes in the map and open world). As of now it's out of balance compared to the other festivals we get throughout the year.

I like the festival and especially the beetle race.BUT how is it possible that people are below the 1 minute race time (my best is 1:08:23) or even win 3 rounds of a race while I'm still in round 1. I started with the other players at the starting time and was around 2/3 of round 1, when a player finished the race.Even with a bad round which means 1:15:something this isn't anywhere near possible.

summary after some time - good chill summer event.9/10why I think it is not 10? the Dragon Bash Reward Track is smell failhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Bash_Reward_Trackso from track 33 Dragon Coffers. Useless choose as for me ..Why we not have final reward from box whit choose selectMini Holographic Corrupted WolfMini Holographic Axe-Wielding DestroyerMini Holographic Branded Minotaursome amount Jorbreaker'setc