Any news on a possible major balance patch coming soon?

Kurowolfe.7124

@XenesisII.1540 said:uh huh.... if it doesn't un-kitten mesmers then speak to the hand.

Oh I forgot if it doesn't get boons, immobilize, cc's, under control, then speak to the other hand.

CC builds actually take much more skillful play and timing than say, pulsing circles of death. So I'm actually all for a more CC oriented gameplay, after some tweaks to AoE CC and it's availability.

And Mesmer is fine! cough don't mention Mesmer or we'll get nerfed again cough

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ThatOtherAlt.2984 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:uh huh.... if it doesn't un-kitten mesmers then speak to the hand.

Oh I forgot if it doesn't get boons, immobilize, cc's, under control, then speak to the other hand.

CC builds actually take much more skillful play and timing than say, pulsing circles of death. So I'm actually all for a more CC oriented gameplay, after some tweaks to AoE CC and it's availability.

And Mesmer is fine!
cough don't mention Mesmer or we'll get nerfed again
cough

Sure, spamming is skilled. Mass cc's is garbage until they have diminishing returns on it, especially when you have immob masked behind stacks of condis, locking you out of your most basic defense in dodge.

Speaking of dodge, go ahead anet take the last dodge from mesmers, might as well get the mount stomp in on the class.

My hopes:

• Condi cancer coefficients reduced. I'm fine with the number of stacks, just make a PvE/Comp split on the coefficients.
  • Boon durations/availability of certain defensive boons on certain classes gutted. A SMALL increase in availability of defensive boons on classes that overall lack in them.
  • SOME damage added back to SOME CCs. The CC skills are not at all equivalent in their application, difficulty, or overall purposes. Reducing them all to nothing was a bad design choice.
  • SOME power damage numbers brought back up. They over nerfed some power skills making some weapons (more) useless.
  • Dead traits reworked.
  • Entire trait lines reworked.
  • Better rewards for playing WvW
  • Ability to sell excess emblems for Skirmish tickets, Mystic Coins, or raw gold.

@Obtena.7952 said:Anyone that thinks we are getting a balance cadence of 4-6 weeks, ESPECIALLY for WvW ... needs to get their head checked. Even when Anet said that's what was going to happen, I would question that the second it left their lips. Unachieveable!

Well it is what they promised the player base so it is fair to criticize their lack of follow thru.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:My hopes:

• Condi cancer coefficients reduced. I'm fine with the number of stacks, just make a PvE/Comp split on the coefficients.
  • Boon durations/availability of certain defensive boons on certain classes gutted. A SMALL increase in availability of defensive boons on classes that overall lack in them.
  • SOME damage added back to SOME CCs. The CC skills are not at all equivalent in their application, difficulty, or overall purposes. Reducing them all to nothing was a bad design choice.
  • SOME power damage numbers brought back up. They over nerfed some power skills making some weapons (more) useless.
  • Dead traits reworked.
  • Ability to sell excess emblems for Skirmish tickets, Mystic Coins, or raw gold.What this actually translates too:
  • Power now the only thing played because what is even build diversity.
  • Concentration now has double the effectivness while base boon duration has been decreased by 10%.
  • Damage increased by 200% on CC on skills. A skill that previously did 10 damage now do 30.
  • Buffed power damage on weapons such as engineer pistols, ranger shortbow and guardian torch.
  • Necro downstate buffed.
  • Entire traitlines removed and replaced with just a single trait at 300s cd, will be updated in the future.
  • Reward track chests now drop grey gear bags, which when opened give 1 blue bag, which when opened gives 1 green bag, which when opened gives 1-2 grey bags again.
  • You can now buy 1 mystic coin for 250 skirmish tickets + 250 memories of battle.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

• Dead traits reworked.
  • Ability to sell excess emblems for Skirmish tickets, Mystic Coins, or raw gold.What this actually translates too:
  • Power now the only thing played because what is even build diversity.
  • Concentration now has double the effectivness while base boon duration has been decreased by 10%.
  • Damage increased by 200% on CC on skills. A skill that previously did 10 damage now do 30.
  • Buffed power damage on weapons such as engineer pistols, ranger shortbow and guardian torch.
  • Necro downstate buffed.
  • Entire traitlines removed and replaced with just a single trait at 300s cd, will be updated in the future.
  • Reward track chests now drop grey gear bags, which when opened give 1 blue bag, which when opened gives 1 green bag, which when opened gives 1-2 grey bags again.
  • You can now buy 1 mystic coin for 250 skirmish tickets + 250 memories of battle.

Given Anet's track record you may sadly be right....

• Dead traits reworked.
  • Ability to sell excess emblems for Skirmish tickets, Mystic Coins, or raw gold.

I sense a warrior main here, who somehow needs a buff to his class

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:“The next one is a bigger release. Not just tweaks.”

I could have sworn we were promised frequent tweaks rather than large sweeping patches months apart.

“We're planning many changes of this nature, as well as re-works and more.”

And

“Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about establishing a new paradigm than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make smaller adjustments more often. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update. The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner.”

And

“Since March 6, the ArenaNet office in Bellevue, Washington has been closed, and our studio staff are working from home to help minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We’re prioritizing the health and safety of our teammates and making it easy for everyone to practice responsible social distancing.”

The team was planning reworks, and more. And depending on release schedule, a 4-6 week “Smaller adjustments more often” cycle. Then we had Covid, which shut the studio down on March 6th. And as you know, everyone got screwed over and still are screwed.

Covid is serious and real. Time to be patient.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

• Dead traits reworked.

I sense a warrior main here, who somehow needs a buff to his class

I play many classes, and prefer my Reaper in WvW frankly, but I see how you did not refute anything that I said.

• Dead traits reworked.

I'm WITH you on traits! Why is it accepted that the unselectable traits are usually very niche? I know they've updated some of them but IMO all those traist should be relevant to the profession in any build (or come close). The selectable ones should then be niche.

@Swagger.1459 said:

I could have sworn we were promised frequent tweaks rather than large sweeping patches months apart.

And

“Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about establishing a new paradigm than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make smaller adjustments more often. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update. The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner.”

And

“Since March 6, the ArenaNet office in Bellevue, Washington has been closed, and our studio staff are working from home to help minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We’re prioritizing the health and safety of our teammates and making it easy for everyone to practice responsible social distancing.”

The team was planning reworks, and more. And depending on release schedule, a 4-6 week “Smaller adjustments more often” cycle. Then we had Covid, which shut the studio down on March 6th. And as you know, everyone got screwed over and still are screwed.

I get that Covid is serious and real, but even when my office is closed, I'm expected to do high level work. It's annoying and I don't have a lot of the tools that I had at the office. But, I am still expected to turn out a similar product as before. And, that's not always easy when you don't have access to the same software environment. And, for many of those difficult things we are also expected to communicate any delays or ways we are having to work around standard procedures. Yet, I feel that very little of that has been done by Anet. Other than gem store items and PvE material, we have not really been clued into progress and how things have been impacted. According to prior statements, they were planning on making balance patches a more common thing, but that has not happened. If it's due to covid and issues updating skills while work from home, then at least tell us something. Acknowledging what all has been impacted so expectations can be tempered seems like a prudent thing to do. Other studios seem to have far less trouble keeping their communities up to date on what's happening. Additionally other studios have pushed out multiple pieces of content as well as balance patches while still in lock-down. But then again this lack of communication seems to be a common thread for Anet for a long while, so we shouldn't be frustrated with anyone other than ourselves for believing them when they said that they would update things more frequently.

@ThatOtherAlt.2984 said:

And Mesmer is fine!
cough

Spamming cc skills doesn't take more skill than spamming damage skills:

Ranger: just spam 3 immobilize skills, while you normally only have 2 dodges. Result: you are immobilized for 3-10seconds. Wow so much skill

While I know that warrior isn't particularly strong right now:Spamming 5 hard CC's after another to pin someone down for 2 seconds or keep pinning someone down for more. Wow such skill.

It's only skill, if you have only few sources of cc.So you have to bait out dodges or stunbreaks/condicleanses to land your cc and then combo off of that.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:uh huh.... if it doesn't un-kitten mesmers then speak to the hand.

And Mesmer is fine!
cough

Spamming cc skills doesn't take more skill than spamming damage skills:

Ranger: just spam 3 immobilize skills, while you normally only have 2 dodges. Result: you are immobilized for 3-10seconds. Wow so much skill

While I know that warrior isn't particularly strong right now:Spamming 5 hard CC's after another to pin someone down for 2 seconds or keep pinning someone down for more. Wow such skill.

It's only skill, if you have only few sources of cc.So you have to bait out dodges or stunbreaks/condicleanses to land your cc and then combo off of that.

The problem isnt any one class. The problem is when a few people get together and know
exactly
what they have built for. Yesterday I met a 3 man combo while defending a camp. They went in for a hard bomb as they stunned me in place the first thing. I popped elixir s and avoided that, thinking I could at least brawl after and maybe extend them a bit (still had nearly full hp).

Nope

Feared, launched, pulled, feared, dazed, pulled, feared, dazed, launched, etc dead. I think I was pulled mid-air sometimes for laughs. About 10s being tossed around not being able to do shit, going 100-0 hp. Its so incredibly stupid and even if I had more stunbreaks or stab they would just have broken through that while cycling CC. Yes you could say it requires coordination and discord but damage or cc you're still building with the assumption to outman and overwhelm single enemy targets. I dont consider it "skill" per se. Its just another way to gank. "Skill" would be seeing I'm about to channel a heal and purposefully interrupting that with some CC you saved just because you knew I was about to do that.

IMO there should still be a longer ICD on CC. It wouldnt affect "normal" CC counterplay, but maybe it could at least give you time to react between them instead of all your skills just cycling for 10+ second.

@Valelutra.9128 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

I get that Covid is serious and real, but even when my office is closed, I'm expected to do high level work. It's annoying and I don't have a lot of the tools that I had at the office. But, I am still expected to turn out a similar product as before. And, that's not always easy when you don't have access to the same software environment. And, for many of those difficult things we are also expected to communicate any delays or ways we are having to work around standard procedures. Yet, I feel that very little of that has been done by Anet. Other than gem store items and PvE material, we have not really been clued into progress and how things have been impacted. According to prior statements, they were planning on making balance patches a more common thing, but that has not happened. If it's due to covid and issues updating skills while work from home, then at least tell us something. Acknowledging what all has been impacted so expectations can be tempered seems like a prudent thing to do. Other studios seem to have far less trouble keeping their communities up to date on what's happening. Additionally other studios have pushed out multiple pieces of content as well as balance patches while still in lock-down. But then again this lack of communication seems to be a common thread for Anet for a long while, so we shouldn't be frustrated with anyone other than ourselves for believing them when they said that they would update things more frequently.

“Since March 6, the ArenaNet office in Bellevue, Washington has been closed”

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101122/a-message-to-our-community-about-covid-19

On March 12th an expansion was hinted at.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100141/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future

We had 2 new LW episodes released since March. This was after the studio was closed. And 8 game updates in that time frame.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100269/game-update-notes-march-17-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101443/game-update-notes-march-31-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101711/game-update-notes-april-1-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102666/game-update-notes-april-14-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/103747/game-update-notes-april-28-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/106458/game-update-notes-may-26-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107604/game-update-notes-june-9-2020

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/108337/game-update-notes-june-23-2020

Obviously Anet has been doing stuff since lockdown...

From Ben P.

“The next balance patch is being worked on now. I can’t say when it’ll be out. But not too much longer.”

“The next one is a bigger release. Not just tweaks.”

Think Anet is doing great under the circumstances of a world wide pandemic. Time to be patient.

@Swagger.1459 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

We had 2 new LW episodes released since March. This was after the studio was closed. And 8 game updates in that time frame.

From Ben P.

“The next balance patch is being worked on now. I can’t say when it’ll be out. But not too much longer.”

Think Anet is doing great under the circumstances of a world wide pandemic. Time to be patient.

Wow that’s A lot of links that basically say what I said before, pve and gemstore have recieved updates. Good for them! Their teams seem to still be functioning and better than what one might expect, but what about those of us who don’t care as much about pve?

Pretty sure this is the wvw portion of the forum. We’re also talking about balance updates. They previously spoke of more balances more frequently. When cmc came onboard they also mentioned increased communication. So, that’s what seems to be missing. Are the devs for skill balancing being used elsewhere? Is it that it’s too hard to change skills outside of the office? Because as far as it’s been communicated they have different teams doing different things in the company. So it should make sense that if one set of teams is still functioning wouldn’t it make sense that the other should also still work? But instead we have a stale meta with a ton of lag and no way of knowing unless we catch a dev in a twitch stream whether anything is even in the works. The biggest thing which A TON of people I know complain about is the lack of communication. You repeating “be patient” is the mantra that people have been saying well before covid so idk why you would think that would change anyone’s mind.

@Valelutra.9128 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

From Ben P.

Wow that’s A lot of links that basically say what I said before, pve and gemstore have recieved updates. Good for them! Their teams seem to still be functioning and better than what one might expect, but what about those of us who don’t care as much about pve?

Pretty sure this is the wvw portion of the forum. We’re also talking about balance updates. They previously spoke of more balances more frequently. When cmc came onboard they also mentioned increased communication. So, that’s what seems to be missing. Are the devs for skill balancing being used elsewhere? Is it that it’s too hard to change skills outside of the office? Because as far as it’s been communicated they have different teams doing different things in the company. So it should make sense that if one set of teams is still functioning wouldn’t it make sense that the other should also still work? But instead we have a stale meta with a ton of lag and no way of knowing unless we catch a dev in a twitch stream whether anything is even in the works. The biggest thing which A TON of people I know complain about is the lack of communication. You repeating “be patient” is the mantra that people have been saying well before covid so idk why you would think that would change anyone’s mind.

There were 2 living world releases, 8 updates in total, an expansion in the works, a large patch coming as per Ben’s statement... all in the matter of a 4 month period of lockdown. People are getting infected all over and death due to this is real. Normal life has changed immensely, and Anet employees aren’t A.I. who don’t need to sleep or manage their lives and families around the pandemic... There is a real world out there beyond Tyria, and being negative to the devs won’t make things go faster.

@Swagger.1459 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

From Ben P.

There were 2 living world releases, 8 updates in total, an expansion in the works, a large patch coming as per Ben’s statement... all in the matter of a 4 month period of lockdown. People are getting infected all over and death due to this is real. Normal life has changed immensely, and Anet employees aren’t A.I. who don’t need to sleep or manage their lives and families around the pandemic... There is a real world out there beyond Tyria, and being negative to the devs won’t make things go faster.

Once again, I have not called anyone names, nor have I said that the devs suck. So I don’t know why you’re reading criticism as negative. I have only really done two things.

First I highlighted the fact that there are multiple teams of people working on GW2 content. It is not a monolithic entity. As a result the success or failure of one group of devs does not always impact the other teams. So I asked why certain teams have been able to put out their content while others have not? If it is due to the fact that those devs assigned to competitive balance are busy trying to help the other teams just to keep the main content going unlike during normal times, that’s fine but we have no way of knowing that unless it’s said.

Second I highlighted the disparity of communication and missed goals. In a normal work environment, a company is supposed to communicate to their customers about delays to service that was promised. This should normally come through standard channels where the company typically announces such things. Anet can and does do this sometimes. This time however, without a conversation through a less official channel we wouldn’t even know that there is a balance patch in the works. And this is month past their usual every three month balance patch. (Not to mention that they alluded to having mid sized but full balance patches more frequently than previously.) Now this isn’t a normal work environment, instead it is a covid work environment, where delays are a normal thing. And once again their pve teams understand this and have communicated about voice acting among other things. So it is worth highlighting why pvp/wvw aren’t afforded the same courtesy. Communication takes a fraction of the time of development, but for some reason it is not done.

Now once again I’ve not ascribed any negative qualities to specific people, I have only highlighted decisions being made that I find to have negative outcomes, which is what constructive criticism is supposed to do. I would like to see change occur and Anet will not know they are doing anything incorrectly if no one speaks their mind. Would I like a balance patch to happen sooner rather than later? Sure! But would I also settle for communication on a platform other than twitch about delays to things they said they would do? Yes! I would be a bit chagrined that my preferred game mode is being disproportionately affected by Covid, but I’d be much less frustrated.

@Valelutra.9128 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

From Ben P.

Once again, I have not called anyone names, nor have I said that the devs suck. So I don’t know why you’re reading criticism as negative. I have only really done two things.

First I highlighted the fact that there are multiple teams of people working on GW2 content. It is not a monolithic entity. As a result the success or failure of one group of devs does not always impact the other teams. So I asked why certain teams have been able to put out their content while others have not? If it is due to the fact that those devs assigned to competitive balance are busy trying to help the other teams just to keep the main content going unlike during normal times, that’s fine but we have no way of knowing that unless it’s said.

Second I highlighted the disparity of communication and missed goals. In a normal work environment, a company is supposed to communicate to their customers about delays to service that was promised. This should normally come through standard channels where the company typically announces such things. Anet can and does do this sometimes. This time however, without a conversation through a less official channel we wouldn’t even know that there is a balance patch in the works. And this is month past their usual every three month balance patch. (Not to mention that they alluded to having mid sized but full balance patches more frequently than previously.) Now this isn’t a normal work environment, instead it is a covid work environment, where delays are a normal thing. And once again their pve teams understand this and have communicated about voice acting among other things. So it is worth highlighting why pvp/wvw aren’t afforded the same courtesy. Communication takes a fraction of the time of development, but for some reason it is not done.

Now once again I’ve not ascribed any negative qualities to specific people, I have only highlighted decisions being made that I find to have negative outcomes, which is what constructive criticism is supposed to do. I would like to see change occur and Anet will not know they are doing anything incorrectly if no one speaks their mind. Would I like a balance patch to happen sooner rather than later? Sure! But would I also settle for communication on a platform other than twitch about delays to things they said they would do? Yes! I would be a bit chagrined that my preferred game mode is being disproportionately affected by Covid, but I’d be much less frustrated.

Anet has put out content and has communicated. Giving them a hard time is being negative. Wait like the rest of us, and maybe learn to be patient and understanding because harping on them won’t speed things up.

@Swagger.1459 said:

And

“Future Balance Cadence

And

From Ben P.

Anet has put out content and has communicated. Giving them a hard time is being negative. Wait like the rest of us, and maybe learn to be patient and understanding because harping on them won’t speed things up.

Wow, how is asking for someone to communicate in a normal channel in a timely manner giving them a hard time? And it’s something they said they wanted to do previously? And it’s not like devs are so hindered that they can’t access the forums for announcements. I seriously don’t understand this mentality.