Your new servers cannot even support world bosses like Teq

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I transferred to EU servers. I get zero lag at Teq on EU even though I'm from NA and connecting overseas, makes a lot of sense right?

Apparently on EU, POF maps lag beyond comprehension, though.

Please do something about your servers, there is clearly something VERY wrong with them.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/726952176982818877/unknown.png

Pof maps are indeed terrible, especially when there is a bounty daily. :( Where Crystal Oasis has the least problem somehow.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon server just sux for NA prime time, the ping goes up big time on NA prime time and my comcast has hardtime connecting to the server just to patch so I have to use vpn to patch. When I am in Midweest and I get 100ms+ ping its just bad server location period and its worse during the chrismas time when everyone is doing Amazon shopping. Oh if u are on the east coast there is no need to reply to this post since the amazon servers are also on the east coast virginia so u guys wont see the lag the other ppl are getting.

@Limodriver.4106 said:Amazon server just sux for NA prime time, the ping goes up big time on NA prime time and my comcast has hardtime connecting to the server just to patch so I have to use vpn to patch. When I am in Midweest and I get 100ms+ ping its just bad server location period and its worse during the chrismas time when everyone is doing Amazon shopping. Oh if u are on the east coast there is no need to reply to this post since the amazon servers are also on the east coast virginia so u guys wont see the lag the other ppl are getting.

I'm on the US East Coast and no, I don't see that significant amount of lag that you describe; however, I will say that I have seen a good deal of lag on the PoF maps lately, especially when highly populated. Outside of PoF, I haven't experienced that level of lag.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I transferred to EU servers. I get zero lag at Teq on EU even though I'm from NA and connecting overseas, makes a lot of sense right?

Apparently on EU, POF maps lag beyond comprehension, though.

Please do something about your servers, there is clearly something VERY wrong with them.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/726952176982818877/unknown.png

That does not tell you it's Anet's 'new servers' that are the problem.

In the past weeks I have been farming the hounds meta in Vabbi, and almost every time with only a small group of 5 people or so, there would be huge lag spikes where everything would stop moving, only to resume with multiple packets of damage being received instantly.

Last night I did Claw of Jormag for the daily (so there were several instances and they were crowded) and everything was desynchronized. The Claw would perform the ground spike attack animation, which itself would animate with delays between each spike. During phase transitions, the Claw canceled/popped out of the scripted animations because of the desync. During the burn phases, it would appear to recover from the stun, only to remain idle for another 10-15s before resetting. We saw the ice wall respawn before the Claw even took off.

While we don't know the specific cause, this is clearly a server side problem that is a new or regressive issue. The circumstances suggest to me that it is a consequence of cloud rationing. It looks a lot like the game's servers are struggling to get CPU time from AWS, whether that is because of contractual limits for the GW2 service or because AWS has oversold its resources. So from the observations we can make, it's entirely reasonable to characterize this as a server problem, and likely specific to running on a cloud.

@Leablo.2651 said:

Last night I did Claw of Jormag for the daily (so there were several instances and they were crowded) and everything was desynchronized. The Claw would perform the ground spike attack animation, which itself would animate with delays between each spike. During phase transitions, the Claw canceled/popped out of the scripted animations because of the desync. During the burn phases, it would appear to recover from the stun, only to remain idle for another 10-15s before resetting. We saw the ice wall respawn before the Claw even took off.I did Claw for daily this morning before 8am eastern time. No lag and there were a ton of players there.