Ideas for next balance patch for mesmer

Stavros.8249

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Taril.8619 said:@"Senqu.8054" said:(snip)

"As if the whole game would consist off only alacrity- and quickness-boon support."

(Snip)

Actually thats what blob gameplay is, perma alacrity and perma quickness brands, its what wvw is, its what meta gimick for pve is, in team scale give that to a tempest or holo, reaper, etc and see how they perform.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Taril.8619 said:@"Senqu.8054" said:(snip)

"As if the whole game would consist off only alacrity- and quickness-boon support."

(Snip)

Actually thats what blob gameplay is, perma alacrity and perma quickness brands, its what wvw is, its what meta gimick for pve is, in team scale give that to a tempest or holo, reaper, etc and see how they perform.

Yes in these scenarios, where everything is represented the least available resource is always the bottleneck. But to be realistic, you would never take a chrono for alacrity and quickness in wvw-zerging. You want only one chrono in your Zerg and quickness/alacrity is not the reasons why. How are you even supposed to share these boons on a reliable base in wvw, if you are unable to shatter or use wells? The only source for alacrity is tides of time with a 40s cd. It is not possible to use well of recall in a way that it would really matter for a fight; Quickness is shared with clones, also no possible way to use in large scale fights.

From personell experience, even in small scale fights, if I use seize the moment and stick like glue to my teammates only pewpew rangers and pistol thief’s say that they noticed sometimes a little bit of it aka while they used lb2 or pistol 3. You could think Mesmer will bring more then this but in reality there is nothing more. What are you supposed to do after you tried your best summoning 3 clones and shatter them for 3 seconds of quickness (!!!). To make it clear, chrono has to use 4 skills to buff the whole group with 3 seconds of quickness. Why do we even need to talk about balance here.

In every other scenario where you don’t fight in a large group or against braindead npcs (where it doesn’t matter anyways what you do as long as you can press 1) other boons do matter. How strange to even discuss that. Don’t get me wrong but if people really don’t care wich boons the enemy has, how are they even supposed to play this game Oo. Maybe this is the reason why people always try to stun me while I have stability, or whispering me when I burst someone with 25 might (powercreep omg xD) (A little bit to simple but for example guard staff 4 creates a huge momentum if you use it right and this is only one of many simple skills chrono lucks)

Im not saying Mesmer should get every boon in this game but the scenarios, where you can or want to use a chrono as support, are not really existent and one reason is because alacrity and quickness is not enough to justify a support spec. There is no reason why you should take support chrono in wvw and definitely no reason in pvp. The one time chrono shines is if you can use wombocombo CS + Time Warp, a 105s and 180s cd skill, against npcs who don’t move to fast, sounds like a joke to me.