Power mesmer in wvw : chrono or mirage?

deadgo.4683

• 1 month later...

I run chrono in wvw, just so the guild can have portal and gwell. If you don't want to do those play something else. About once a month I will see a new player try playing a chrono in wvw in our zerg. I see them once and then never again. Most major still have one person stuck in chrono jail, just for those two things.

@"deadgo.4683" said:Im new Playing mesmer can someone recommend a build pls

I dont give out builds anymore for mesmer because people still want to nerf more and Im no longer helping nerfers with suggestions of what is working, you can ask me in game and I will tell you more.

If you want to run power I would choose core. Its really the only good option. Mirage with 1 dodge kinda removes most of the benefit of playing core over condi. What I mean is Power Mirage WAS good for sword ambush leap, and ambush damage but with 1 dodge you cannot ambush much so its benfit is much less than before and using leaves you with no dodge unless you are in combat and have a swap ready w energy sigil. Core has other trait lines you can slip into "Mirage" builds in place of mirage to give yourself better crit on shatter, more mind wracks, more heals, etc depending what you wana do. Therefore, core is usually going to do better with power vs mirage.

If you wana play Mirage in wvw I would play condi.

@Draygorn.7012 said:Mesmer just doesn't keep up in WvW. I'd say reroll to a different class. Like maybe Revenant, which dominates there.

Yea if you arent invested in Mesmer yet, I would consider a new class. Many others perform much better with less work and are in higher demand for zergs and would also perform better in raids, fractyal, etc cause mesmer is pretty meh for allot of that too.

@deadgo.4683 said:Im new Playing mesmer can someone recommend a build pls

First decide what game mode, then try to theory craft (play around with it) yourself by READING you skills and traits, try to look for synergy between everything and all of this depends if you either want to do Power or Condition Damage (the two sources of damage on the game) ...basically just learn the basics of the class. Then you can utilize sites like metabattle.com and watch youtube vids on what you wanna know. Also the wiki is your best friend.

Both Chrono and Mirage are pretty much garbage at the moment. IMO the best setup for solo roaming on Mesmer currently is full power core with Domination/Dueling/Chaos Greatsword Sword/Torch. You could run full glass, but I prefer to keep around 18k health and 2.3k armor (not toughness). Its biggest downside is low mobility, so you need to play intelligently and make good use of blink, sword 3, stealth, and the superspeed from your manipulations. Dom/Duel traits should be obvious, chaos would use Master of Manipulations, The trait that converts conditions into boons when cc'd or distortion is used, and Prismatic Understanding. The build has serious issues fighting in "Marked" territory since it relies so heavily on stealth for survival/disengaging. Be careful with outnumbered fights near guard posts and the like.

This is my version of Jables build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi0AEx/lJwuYUsEGKOqKdnTA-zVRYBR9nnYQhnSmCheFBdroaZiq4DQA/dUNDA-w

The sigils on greatsword make a big difference in my opinion. Sigil of severance can make your burst hurt a lot if you time it right, with its 250 stat boost to precision and ferocity, and sigil of absorbtion has really good synergy with the domination traits shattered concentration and vicious expression. Ideally you interrupt just before the big F1 burst to get the +250 stats, strip all their boons, get 15% more damage from vicious expression and of course the damage increase from superiority complex. That can one shot glass cannons and really hurt sturdier builds. Use stealth and super speed to dictate the flow of combat and use power lock (the mantra skill) to interrupt important skills or to set up bursts. It's not the easiest build to play and there are many roaming builds that will cancel this, but it is a very fun build once you get used to it.

Mesmer is my favorite class, but sorry dude, if you want to have fun in wvw you must play another profession.Other professions bring Damage AND Utility... or Healing AND Utility... Mesmer is just Utility, 0 damage, 0 healing.Similarly, thieves and rangers also perform very badly in wvw fights, avoid those two too unless you are interested in roaming and fishing for 1v1 fights.

@Jables.4659 said:

Both Chrono and Mirage are pretty much garbage at the moment. IMO the best setup for solo roaming on Mesmer currently is full power core with Domination/Dueling/Chaos Greatsword Sword/Torch. You could run full glass, but I prefer to keep around 18k health and 2.3k armor (not toughness). Its biggest downside is low mobility, so you need to play intelligently and make good use of blink, sword 3, stealth, and the superspeed from your manipulations. Dom/Duel traits should be obvious, chaos would use Master of Manipulations, The trait that converts conditions into boons when cc'd or distortion is used, and Prismatic Understanding. The build has serious issues fighting in "Marked" territory since it relies so heavily on stealth for survival/disengaging. Be careful with outnumbered fights near guard posts and the like.

I've tried condi trailblazer mirage recenty, it's trash yes, but I got top lols being a unkillable troll, and in 1v1 is one of the best classes I've played.

I usually use ether feast over mirror, but I've been considering that as an option. I don't think I could ever justify dropping Arcane Thievery for the Mantra though.

Arcane Thievery is a viable alternative for the Mantra or for the Signet, especially together with Master of Manipulation. I think it comes down to personal taste and situation. Personally I prefer the Mantra for being able to interrupt key skill at range, which with this build also steals and rips boons (but doesn't get rid of condis of course), and I use the Signet of Midnight for covering Mantra recharge under pressure, and for semi safe stomp / rez, but if I had another utility slot Arcane Thievery would be my next pick.

Rev did get nerfed, they are no longer gods in wvw they are just good. All hard CC lost any of their damage mods and their number 2 hammer skill got taken out of god tier. But there is nothing wrong nor bad about Revs now. That same nerf also hit the mesmer too.I still play my chrono in wvw, not because it is good, but because sometimes you need a veil or portal. At this point, I don't even get put into boon share sub squads in a pug zerg because the fact is it is pointless for me to take up any spot that could be used for any other class, and let them get the boons and healing.

I'll do you a favor and sift through the comments to highlight the ones that really hammer the nail on its head:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Either mirage because of sw ambush or core (dom duel chaos if you want survival or dom duel illu if you want more damage)Chrono is dead.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

I dont give out builds anymore for mesmer because people still want to nerf more and Im no longer helping nerfers with suggestions of what is working, you can ask me in game and I will tell you more.

If you want to run power I would choose core. Its really the only good option. Mirage with 1 dodge kinda removes most of the benefit of playing core over condi. What I mean is Power Mirage WAS good for sword ambush leap, and ambush damage but with 1 dodge you cannot ambush much so its benfit is much less than before and using leaves you with no dodge unless you are in combat and have a swap ready w energy sigil. Core has other trait lines you can slip into "Mirage" builds in place of mirage to give yourself better crit on shatter, more mind wracks, more heals, etc depending what you wana do. Therefore, core is usually going to do better with power vs mirage.

There you go. You're welcome.

@Sithia.3158 said:Rev did get nerfed, they are no longer gods in wvw they are just good. All hard CC lost any of their damage mods and their number 2 hammer skill got taken out of god tier. But there is nothing wrong nor bad about Revs now. That same nerf also hit the mesmer too.I still play my chrono in wvw, not because it is good, but because sometimes you need a veil or portal. At this point, I don't even get put into boon share sub squads in a pug zerg because the fact is it is pointless for me to take up any spot that could be used for any other class, and let them get the boons and healing.

That is simply not true. Bruiser built Condi Rev is still borderline unkillable in anything that resembles an even fight. The only reason why we're not swarmed by them is because unlike PvP, Cleansing sig clears 3 condi in WvW. And that's the only thing that prevents them from trading up more slots in the group. Well that and Cleanse Bomb.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

I've tried condi trailblazer mirage recenty, it's trash yes, but I got top lols being a unkillable troll, and in 1v1 is one of the best classes I've played.

TB Mirage shines when the opponent doesn't have access to high burst spikes. It gets next to useless in anything more than 3v3 tho, because clone AI, lack of AoE condi application, getting gassed once CDs are popped and you're still stuck with 1 dodge bar. TB Mirage is an attrition game, but the other attrition classes are just better at it.

@ThatOtherAlt.2984 said:I'll do you a favor and sift through the comments to highlight the ones that really hammer the nail on its head:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Either mirage because of sw ambush or core (dom duel chaos if you want survival or dom duel illu if you want more damage)Chrono is dead.

There you go. You're welcome.

@Sithia.3158 said:Rev did get nerfed, they are no longer gods in wvw they are just good. All hard CC lost any of their damage mods and their number 2 hammer skill got taken out of god tier. But there is nothing wrong nor bad about Revs now. That same nerf also hit the mesmer too.I still play my chrono in wvw, not because it is good, but because sometimes you need a veil or portal. At this point, I don't even get put into boon share sub squads in a pug zerg because the fact is it is pointless for me to take up any spot that could be used for any other class, and let them get the boons and healing.

That is simply not true. Bruiser built Condi Rev is still borderline unkillable in anything that resembles an even fight. The only reason why we're not swarmed by them is because unlike PvP, Cleansing sig clears 3 condi in WvW. And that's the only thing that prevents them from trading up more slots in the group. Well that and Cleanse Bomb.

TB Mirage shines when the opponent doesn't have access to high burst spikes. It gets next to useless in anything more than 3v3 tho, because clone AI, lack of AoE condi application, getting gassed once CDs are popped and you're still stuck with 1 dodge bar. TB Mirage is an attrition game, but the other attrition classes are just better at it.

yep