Never seen ranked this bad

I was thinking of casually climbing for the first time since I got one of the new titles, until I saw ranked like this- solo Qing as mid plat2 on NA during prime time -7 mins qs every match as pure rng -19 per loss and +3 per win. Streamers has a similar experience from what I could tell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Starbreaker.6507 said:Not surprised.

I know the last few seasons I was getting matched up with a spread from low G3 (sometimes even g2) to top 10s as a low plat 1 player even in primetime.

At the rate we're going the only thing left in ranked will be tumbleweeds and bots.

The way things have been makes me feel like my titles useless considering ppl are getting the same thing in plat2 for what was about legend before which is why I wanted to climb, but if things end up being this bad- and I don’t care if it’s cuz of hackers- then I might just have to leave

@Dantheman.3589 said:I was thinking of casually climbing for the first time since I got one of the new titles, until I saw ranked like this- solo Qing as mid plat2 on NA during prime time -7 mins qs every match as pure rng -19 per loss and +3 per win. Streamers has a similar experience from what I could tell

I was solo queue on NA the other day, just before prime time. I was getting -16s on loss and +6s and +7s on wins while in bottom plat 1. This went on for 4 games.

When it had occurred to me that holding even bottom plat 1 was going to require a 75% win rate while queueing through not only NA win trade epidemic but now also free use of hack programs, I emotionlessly turned the game off, and went to go eat an Italian sub and watch trailer park boys.

GG

@Fueki.4753 said:Only -19?You must be lucky.I always lose more than 20 points, sometime even over 30 since the new season started.And I'm only Silver 2 right now, because the game decided I need to lose over 80% of the games.

Losing 20-30 per loss is normal if you just finished placements but it usually evens out to like 10 for the average player. I have like 100 something matches- just a comparison to when the new titles came out if you were high plat3- legend Qing into plat1 and gold players it would be -20 and +3 per match and this is Exactly what I’m getting as plat1-2 with 7 min qs during prime time so it’s like getting silver players during prime time and asking me to win 90% of my matches just to climb becuz of this

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:I was thinking of casually climbing for the first time since I got one of the new titles, until I saw ranked like this- solo Qing as mid plat2 on NA during prime time -7 mins qs every match as pure rng -19 per loss and +3 per win. Streamers has a similar experience from what I could tell

I was solo queue on NA the other day, just before prime time. I was getting -16s on loss and +6s and +7s on wins while in bottom plat 1. This went on for 4 games.

When it had occurred to me that holding even bottom plat 1 was going to require a 75% win rate while queueing through not only NA win trade epidemic but now also free use of hack programs, I emotionlessly turned the game off, and went to go eat an Italian sub and watch trailer park boys.

GG

meanwhile EU plat 2. -13. +10.NA omegalul

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

GG

Yeah, I'd gladly switch to a EU server if my ping didn't shoot from 60-70 in NA to 150-200 in EU.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

GG

Yeah, I'd gladly switch to a EU server if my ping didn't shoot from 60-70 in NA to 150-200 in EU.

Lucky you, I get 120-200 on NA, tried EU 300+:(

@Lighter.5631 said:@viquing.8254 @Arheundel.6451 : but but pvp is more fun and takes more skill now.

I don't think permanently being CC'd and thus being a rag doll is more fun or takes more skill than being able to defend yourself (like it was before the February patch).Currently, PvP is primarily CC, Bunker, Conditions.Three of the four worst problems PvP already had before have become even worse.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

GG

200 ping on eu is better quality then 70 on NA.

@Lighter.5631 said:@viquing.8254 @"Arheundel.6451" : but but pvp is more fun and takes more skill now.

Certainly! I'd rather die 1000+ times to a revenant than a single time to condi mirage or thief or warrior

The first two are carried by abusive, intrusive, unfun, unskilled gameplay option....the latter is carried(was and hopefully stays that way) by broken and uninteractive passive sustain that requires no investment of risky action from the player, leaving him free to stay on the offense with little repercussion, like "flying" a plane with auto-pilot more or less..

You dodge chaotic release and negate infuse light, your average rev will be put on the back foot already...warrior pre-patch? Pff you dodge their CC so?...ready again in 8s or so...take dmg so?..HS and passive might generation health back to full no problem ez ...skilled gameplay? XDDDDD.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:@viquing.8254 @Arheundel.6451 : but but pvp is more fun and takes more skill now.

Certainly! I'd rather die 1000+ times to a revenant than a single time to
condi mirage or thief or warrior

The first two are carried by abusive, intrusive, unfun, unskilled gameplay option....the latter is carried(was and hopefully stays that way) by broken and uninteractive passive sustain that requires no investment of risky action from the player, leaving him free to stay on the offense with little repercussion, like "flying" a plane with auto-pilot more or less..

You dodge
chaotic release
and negate
infuse light
, your average rev will be put on the back foot already...warrior pre-patch? Pff you dodge their CC so?...ready again in 8s or so...take dmg so?..HS and passive might generation health back to full no problem ez ...skilled gameplay? XDDDDD.Someone is salty cause couldnt faceroll on rev vs warrior lolz. The Teleport boons passive spamming class vs the ground skill class.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Certainly! I'd rather die 1000+ times to a revenant than a single time to
condi mirage or thief or warrior

You dodge
chaotic release
and negate
infuse light
, your average rev will be put on the back foot already...warrior pre-patch? Pff you dodge their CC so?...ready again in 8s or so...take dmg so?..HS and passive might generation health back to full no problem ez ...skilled gameplay? XDDDDD.

Quite literally the only 8 second cooldown "CC" you could be referring to is Full Counter, which its 10 seconds when traited not 8, in which case if you're proccing that...that is on you. And the reason Spellbreaker excelled in any capacity in outnumbered situations is because both players would be going ham and mashing buttons and not paying attention to what the Spellbreaker is using.

Stow so you don't proc Full Counter and dodge to avoid the very telegraphed burst skills and you put the Spellbreaker on the back foot already. Yes, Spellbreaker had a lot in its kit that made it a much more ideal choice over other builds, especially when it came to Conquest in sPvP, it did not however make it "more OP", which is what you are inferring, than Rev. Rev, especially Herald, essentially hard countered Warrior, even Spellbreaker, because of the evades from staff and sword, as well as blinds and being able to activate Infuse Light while CC'd assuming you have its upkeep activated already. Both classes had their issues that needed to be resolved, and some of those issues with Rev still persist today, despite the February patch.

There were counters, even before the February patch, that people could utilize and often did not. Now I am not saying before was better, because it wasn't; it had its own issues and own blaring problems and it was a mess, however now isn't much better. Now we just have different issues, and different blaring problems and it is a mess, just in a different way.

Don't let your own personal bias impair your perception of the reality. Both the before and after are terrible. There is no skirting around that, there is no difference of opinion, the perception of PvP and how much it is considered a joke still, possibly even more so now because of problems outside of just balance, are clear indications of that reality.

Ranked pvp needs to be BURNED to the ground. It's PLAGUED with a shoddy matchmaking system that limits leaderboard progression of any sort unless you get lucky somehow or exploit the system. Also the community is getting EVEN WORSE by the day. Afkers, a-rhymes with holes, botters, hackers, quitters...I'm close to just calling it quits at this point. There is no saving this sinking ship. I'm freaking TIRED of trying to rank up this ladder only for people to throw matches or decide that they're going to afk if they don't get their way, it's INFURIATING.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Ranked pvp needs to be BURNED to the ground. It's PLAGUED with a shoddy matchmaking system that limits leaderboard progression of any sort unless you get lucky somehow or exploit the system. Also the community is getting EVEN WORSE by the day. Afkers, a-rhymes with holes, botters, hackers, quitters...I'm close to just calling it quits at this point. There is no saving this sinking ship. I'm freaking TIRED of trying to rank up this ladder only for people to throw matches or decide that they're going to afk if they don't get their way, it's INFURIATING.

matchmaking is pretty good in this game. The problem is the shrinking player base. they gonna keep force-feeding conquest until no one is left. And not to mention the big fat lie about frequent balance updates after that last big update. I love this game, so I hope anet gets it together. Until then, I'll be in PSO2

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Ranked pvp needs to be BURNED to the ground. It's PLAGUED with a shoddy matchmaking system that limits leaderboard progression of any sort unless you get lucky somehow or exploit the system. Also the community is getting EVEN WORSE by the day. Afkers, a-rhymes with holes, botters, hackers, quitters...I'm close to just calling it quits at this point. There is no saving this sinking ship. I'm freaking TIRED of trying to rank up this ladder only for people to throw matches or decide that they're going to afk if they don't get their way, it's INFURIATING.

matchmaking is pretty good in this game. The problem is the shrinking player base. they gonna keep force-feeding conquest until no one is left. And not to mention the big fat lie about frequent balance updates after that last big update. I love this game, so I hope anet gets it together. Until then, I'll be in PSO2

Matchmaking is GARBAGE. It is NOT good in the slightest.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

Matchmaking is GARBAGE. It is NOT good in the slightest.

i've done over 10,000 matches. my win rate is just over 50%. the mmr system is as good as it gets.

This is what eventually happens when you tailor a game mode for the vocal elite. The developers and many of the top-tier players have alienated the fat part of the upper bell curve— mid/high gold to low platinum players. This is why there are long match times and the mode feels like it is moribund.

The developers have allowed unbalanced duo-queue teams to farm solo-queue players for rank and rewards. Hackers, botters, and exploiters repeatedly go unpunished. Match manipulators are never properly addressed. Balance patches are few and far between, and the MMR algorithm should be adjusted far more often. Low skilled duos are consistently overweighted while high skill duos are underweighted.

Many top tier players smurph on alt accounts, manipulate the queues with other top tier players, and generally kill the enjoyment of competition while chasing rewards and titles. This universally comes at the expense of mid-high gold and low platinum solo queue players, which have left the game mode in droves and spiked queue times.

@"Julius Seizure.4985"While I do agree with some of what you say, I don't agree that ANet has "tailored" anything to the vocal elite. If that was the case, and if the "vocal elite" ever actually spoke up on their platforms, the ones that do have them (i.e youtubers, streamers) then maybe things wouldn't have gotten this bad. However the state we see things in right now isn't exactly because they have said anything, if anything its because of a severe amount of neglect that PvP has been attributed.

GW2 is an 8 year old game (its birthday being late August) and it has only ever seen one new PvP mode and one new WvW map. Granted, neither of these things were well received, for good reason...but that didn't mean ANet had to just completely ditch them. They could have tried to iterate on them, improve them, rework them. Just in general actually try to make them better, but instead they just elected to go about solving an issue with their game the way that they usually do...drop it and try to do something else or never do anything ever again. Its how they have approached practically everything they have added to this game since launch.

Dungeons? Rather than improve on a piece of content with a ton of potential, they ditched them and just threw Fractals out there.Raids? Rather than improve upon the formula they established and implement things that the hardcore scene wanted, the very group they made Raids to appeal to, they instead add Strikes as "intro" Raids. Now they have released just as many Strike Missions in the last year as they have released Raids in the last five years.Ranked sPvP? Rather than try and improve it they've just added Automated Tournaments, which are not in a much better state than Ranked and they are also time gated to specific times during the day/week/month, and Swiss which are not much better either.

Point being...ANet has a horrible habit of seeing something they make get negative feedback and criticism and so their response is, rather than go "okay, so what can we do to improve this system/mechanic/mode then?" they instead essentially just ditch it and try to do something else entirely.

I've said this in another thread and I will echo it here as well, but it honestly feels like ANet has become a victim of its own ego. Buying too much into their own hype. Why do I say this? I honestly cannot recall a single moment where they have said, or posted, that they have needed to improve or that they made a mistake with "X" piece of content and will try to do better and improve on it. They aren't a large enough company to pretend to be faceless, they are not EA, they are not Activision, they are not Ubisoft. They have the unique opportunity and are in the unique position to actually put far more of a face to themselves than many other AAA companies are ever in a position to do. They can humanize themselves so much more to the community...but they don't and its a shame that they don't. They really might want to take a few notes from Digital Extremes and Warframe on community interaction, engagement and relations. They aren't perfect, by no means, but at least they know that and acknowledge it.

Phew sorry, that was long.