Any good Rev power builds using 2handed Hammer? (PvE and PvP)

NyneSwordz.4782

It's been years since I've played GW2. I really like using large 2handed weapons, so I was wondering, are there any good PvE and PvP builds utilizing 2handed hammers? Is it any good in pvp especially? I heard one of the 2handed hammer abilities got nerfed recently, is it still good?

Thanks!

@"NyneSwordz.4782" said:It's been years since I've played GW2. I really like using large 2handed weapons, so I was wondering, are there any good PvE and PvP builds utilizing 2handed hammers? Is it any good in pvp especially? I heard one of the 2handed hammer abilities got nerfed recently, is it still good?

Thanks!

Paraphrasing John Ford about the black color in the Model T: "Revenant has all your best preferred two handed weapons in the game, as long as your favourite game mode is underwater".

There's better options in WvW than a hammer for the Rev; in PvP just doesn't exists. Staff still works in all the gamemodes, albeit clunkier.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Shao.7236 said:(snip) You also don't want to play as Kalla,
only Shiro/Jalis if you opt for Renegade.

Why, if renegade even boosts condi and makes it more sense to use deamon with it?

In PvE sure, but in PvP Renegade conditions are pretty weak and never working to their full potential, the only skill I can think of that is actually effective is shortbow 4 constantly on node.

What I'm saying is you can play Power as Renegade or Herald with Hammer along 100% crit chance and perma 25 might.

@Shao.7236 said:

Why, if renegade even boosts condi and makes it more sense to use deamon with it?

In PvE sure, but in PvP Renegade conditions are pretty weak and never working to their full potential, the only skill I can think of that is actually effective is shortbow 4 constantly on node.

What I'm saying is you can play Power as Renegade or Herald with Hammer along 100% crit chance and perma 25 might.

Mmmmm....Retribution Kalla / Dwarf Sbow+Staff is the actual "meta" for Renegade in sPvP. And no, you don't focus on condi damage.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

Mmmmm....Retribution Kalla / Dwarf Sbow+Staff is the actual "meta" for Renegade in sPvP. And no, you don't focus on condi damage.

I was actually one of the first people (Don't take it personally, I legit saw no one playing it, just like how I am mainly core right now and I see no one doing it) to start playing Jalis/Kalla because all the hype was always Shiro and honestly the synergy was awful, when Diviner and Celestial was still a thing in sPvP that is. After that I lost interest rather quickly because there's not a whole lot to do with it other than watching objectives. Fun build, but it's always having to commit, can't disengage and do much else.

There's still viability in PvE and WvW but for sPvP, Renegade is hardly a DPS, you keep yourself from being controlled and be an annoyance to the node, that's what it does better.

@Shao.7236 said:

I was actually one of the first people (Don't take it personally, I legit saw no one playing it, just like how I am mainly core right now and I see no one doing it) to start playing Jalis/Kalla because all the hype was always Shiro and honestly the synergy was awful, when Diviner and Celestial was still a thing in sPvP that is. After that I lost interest rather quickly because there's not a whole lot to do with it other than watching objectives. Fun build, but it's always having to commit, can't disengage and do much else.

There's still viability in PvE and WvW but for sPvP, Renegade is hardly a DPS, you keep yourself from being controlled and be an annoyance to the node, that's what it does better.

Please also don't take it personal, but I've been playing Kalla/dwarf since PoF ...even made some hammer/ventari memes be4 the weapon was completely neutered. Up until March-April this year, I've seen just TWO Renegades in ranked. With the recent changes I start to see more Renegades, but most of them are pretty useless. I suspect that's because of the 'DEeeeePS" mindset. Renegade isn't your typical 'pew-pew' dps class. In current meta, it's a great bunker that can also dish out decent damage., AOE CC (soft and hard). Hard to disengage? Well if you are 1vs3 then probably you will have a hard time. But still your survivability allows you to stall even those 1v3 until (hopefully) help arrives.

P.S I'm on EU.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

Please also don't take it personal, but I've been playing Kalla/dwarf since PoF ...even made some hammer/ventari memes be4 the weapon was completely neutered. Up until March-April this year, I've seen just TWO Renegades in ranked. With the recent changes I start to see more Renegades, but most of them are pretty useless. I suspect that's because of the 'DEeeeePS" mindset. Renegade isn't your typical 'pew-pew' dps class. In current meta, it's a great bunker that can also dish out decent damage., AOE CC (soft and hard). Hard to disengage? Well if you are 1vs3 then probably you will have a hard time. But still your survivability allows you to stall even those 1v3 until (hopefully) help arrives.

P.S I'm on EU.

Because with Hammer Ventari could work, not actual memes. Hammer has always been better for core or renegade as a support weapon than anything else it could pick, even for Damage with Intelligence before it's dysfunctional redo.

@Shao.7236 said:

P.S I'm on EU.

Because with Hammer Ventari could work, not actual memes. Hammer has always been better for core or renegade as a support weapon than anything else it could pick, even for Damage with Intelligence before it's dysfunctional redo.

Exactly. That's why I said -before the hammer nerfs-.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

P.S I'm on EU.

Saying memes like it was a joke tho, but is it? I don't think it was.

@Shao.7236 said:

P.S I'm on EU.

Saying memes like it was a joke tho, but is it? I don't think it was.

Renegade is still a meme. Technically, anything that is outside the 'meta' established by a certain group of players is considered a meme. Not that I care about meta. My point was Hammer/Ventari Renegade used to work. It doesn't anymore,

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Renegade also boosts power damage. Kalla's Fervor is 30 ferocity per stack, 50 with Lasting Legacy, and the minors also relate to critical hits, which generally help power builds more than condition builds. Ashen Demeanor works equally well with power and condi, while Wrought-Iron Will is better with high Power due to Retaliation. There isn't really an obvious power damage trait among the grandmaster majors, but all of them can be situationally useful for power builds (Heartpiercer only when using shortbow, but that's to be expected).

The big issue hammer has, really, is that the slow attack speed makes it antisynergetic with half of the revenant's toolbox.