Veteran PvP community in GW2 is truly pathetic

LCL.6259

@"Alin.2468" said:"PvP community"?? I do not know what makes some people think there actually is a "PvP community" in this game.

There is still a community and that includes a veteran top player community. I think the OP was calling that particular branch of the community toxic, which it usually is tbh save for a handful of honest souls.

• Players are not allowed to play together in a officially rewarding environment (ranked is SoloQ-only, because players voted for it in 2016).

Ranked has been Merged Solo/DuoQ for nearly two years now and it still is. It was SoloQ only during seasons 9-12; which, were imo the very best Ranked had to offer.

But they are allowed to play together. It was voted back in(albeit barely passing) back in Summer 2018. The inclusion or restriction of DuoQ/teams has never really mattered because even with it, the population is still in decline. Maybe even faster than it was before, but that's what happens when you handicap SoloQ's in a game where upwards of 90% of games played by players were SoloQ before.

• There are no online competitions where powerful teams can be known.

AT's are the ingame options, and some streamers/partners do their own tournies.

Now really: what would make anyone think this game actually has a PvP community? Players doing their dailies? Farmers? Bots? Players attached to great memories while playing in teams?

I am curious about others opinions.

Pip-farmers, dishonest top players carried by DuoQ, bots, and PvE peeps hopping in once for dailies are all aspects of a community so it's definitely there. It's not healthy, but it's something.

I think the point here is that all that bad should go away, or some attempt should be made to make it go away at least.

@"Buran.3796" said:Even in open world PvE you find hostility when you kill a boss too early because players were farming events, and something like that... They will just spite on you whitout caring to explain "what you did wrong".This is one of the biggest reasons that the Queensdale champ train was disbanded. The toxicity was horrible for new players.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

MightyTeapots MOTA tournament probably showed quite the disparity between how competitive the NA environment is compared to EU. Team USA, which Naru and Nos are both a part of, got summarily flattened with no wins against Rank 55 Dragons (EU team).

Its situations like that which really cement why I have been saying that the NA PvP scene is nowhere near the
tiniest
bit competitive and the leaderboard means
nothing
, mAT means
nothing
; because while EU does suffer from
some
of the same issues as NA, potential wintrading and toxic behavior, it seems to be so much more of a detriment to the competitive environment on NA and how NA's "top" players tend to conduct themselves. In fact wintrading itself seems to be a much more common thing on NA, along with these players simply off hours queuing so they sit in the top spots on NA because they
know
how shallow the pool of players is.

This is half-true depending on how you look at it.

In terms of individual skill, NA has plenty. It's teamwork where NA fails, and largely because there just aren't enough competitive NA teams.

This is pretty apparent if you pay better attention to the fight between Team USA and 55 Dragons. Team USA could win fights, but R55 absolutely kitten on them rotation and tactics wise, so they always ended up ahead on nodes. I wouldn't say they got "flattened", as that would imply R55 was just spawn camping them to death. More like they just got outplayed and outrotated since Sind and Obi have a good enough understanding of their role in the team to make sure any death R55 suffered ended up not mattering as they would always either pick up free nodes or troll another.Lets also not forget that one team had played with each other for years and the other mainly scrimmed against the same team over and over.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

MightyTeapots MOTA tournament probably showed quite the disparity between how competitive the NA environment is compared to EU. Team USA, which Naru and Nos are both a part of, got summarily flattened with no wins against Rank 55 Dragons (EU team).

Its situations like that which really cement why I have been saying that the NA PvP scene is nowhere near the
tiniest
nothing
, mAT means
nothing
some
of the same issues as NA, potential wintrading and toxic behavior, it seems to be so much more of a detriment to the competitive environment on NA and how NA's "top" players tend to conduct themselves. In fact wintrading itself seems to be a much more common thing on NA, along with these players simply off hours queuing so they sit in the top spots on NA because they
know

In terms of individual skill, NA has plenty. It's teamwork where NA fails, and largely because there just aren't enough competitive NA teams.

This is pretty apparent if you pay better attention to the fight between Team USA and 55 Dragons. Team USA could win fights, but R55 absolutely kitten on them rotation and tactics wise, so they always ended up ahead on nodes. I wouldn't say they got "flattened", as that would imply R55 was just spawn camping them to death. More like they just got outplayed and outrotated since Sind and Obi have a good enough understanding of their role in the team to make sure any death R55 suffered ended up not mattering as they would always either pick up free nodes or troll another.Lets also not forget that one team had played with each other for years and the other mainly scrimmed against the same team over and over.

ppl rly do seem to not realize the Mota was decided on comp more than skill/rotations/strategy. everyone agrees its pretty clear, although obviously r55 doesn't wanna admit as easily

@Davinci.7680 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

tiniest
nothing
, mAT means
nothing
some
know

ppl rly do seem to not realize the Mota was decided on comp more than skill/rotations/strategy. everyone agrees its pretty clear, although obviously r55 doesn't wanna admit as easily

knowing what is good is part of being good, NA failed in that front.

@Davinci.7680 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

tiniest
nothing
, mAT means
nothing
some
know

ppl do realize it was pure outplay on every level both skill/rotations/strategy wise.

@bluri.2653 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

tiniest
nothing
, mAT means
nothing
some
know

ppl do realize it was pure outplay on every level both skill/rotations/strategy wise.

if it makes you feel good for playing this game nonstop for 8 years thats cool dude

It's weird, we have 2 sides of the same coin in my experience

While this ppl have always been nice to me in their streams i know they gatekeep their titles and do it by exploiting every bit they

I mean, sometimes I go to their stream and I ask everything I can, and they are always willing to answer, doesn't matter how basic it is

@Khalisto.5780 said:It's weird, we have 2 sides of the same coin in my experience

While this ppl have always been nice to me in their streams i know they gatekeep their titles and do it by exploiting every bit they

I mean, sometimes I go to their stream and I ask everything I can, and they are always willing to answer, doesn't matter how basic it is

Everyone is good person outside game I guess.Internet is evil, I hope we can go back to offline era like 1980's.