Salvaged Excellence/Dignity

Guest [Deleted User]

Looking for others' experiences trying to get these items. Specifically, if you got it from salvaging LS3/LS4/Icebrood Saga/etc. map currency trinkets or back items. Or maybe you tried those and never managed to get it.

I have been using saved up stacks of LS3 and LS4 currencies for YEARS (and more recently, Eternal Ice shards) to try to get these two items and am batting 0.00. I have probably salvaged well over 100 items. It would really be nice to know whether it's even possible to get these drops from these sources, or whether it needs to be laurel-bought amulets. (Back items are very screwy regardless in terms of where you can get them, whether they are salvageable, and what they will or won't salvage into so that one might be even more of a mess). At the very least I'm wasting like 2-3g every salvage if it's not possible.

Not sure of the drop rate. It appears you are using the right items..

Per the wiki, it appears only from backpacks... ascended backpacks. Not amulets/rings/accessories.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Dignity

Given its TP value, it doesn’t shock me.

So.. salvaged excellence is only from amulets:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Excellence

@Liston.9708 said:Rng.. I got from lw3 amulet

Thanks. I'm curious, did you select the stats first? I always salvage it direct from the vendor but I've started to wonder if that makes any difference...

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I think it's safe to assume that if you get the same non-rare drops other amulets can give you, they can also give the Excellence. Just because I can't imagine they'd create a new drop table for new amulets instead of just hooking them up to the existing table.

What could very vell be however is that they forget to hook new items up to old tables.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Salvaging in bulk always produces better results. I wouldn't get a single salvaged item from a trinket here and there. But as soon as I salvaged 20 at a time, I actually get them. Not every 20, but it is more likely.

RIP my karma.

I mean, that's obviously just a psychological thing. If you salvage a lot in a row, or until you get one, your "time to reward" is more compressed so it feels more successful. There's absolutely no reason why they would program some kind of hidden increasing success rate for rare drops on successive salvages with a decay so you couldn't spread them out. Also note the guy above who did batches of 20 and didn't get his drops until the 80-100 batch.

On the wiki the people who reported their number of salvages said 20 and 59 to get one. I'm definitely beyond the 100 mark, but whether that is typical or very bad luck is hard to say with such a small sample size. The price of Excellence has come down significantly over the years - when I started it was well over 1000g. But the price of Dignity has by contrast gone UP significantly - when I started it was around 75g. Not sure what those trends say about where the drops come from and how rare they are.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Salvaging in bulk always produces better results. I wouldn't get a single salvaged item from a trinket here and there. But as soon as I salvaged 20 at a time, I actually get them. Not every 20, but it is more likely.

RIP my karma.

I mean, that's obviously just a psychological thing. If you salvage a lot in a row, or until you get one, your "time to reward" is more compressed so it feels more successful. There's absolutely no reason why they would program some kind of hidden increasing success rate for rare drops on successive salvages with a decay so you couldn't spread them out. Also note the guy above who did batches of 20 and didn't get his drops until the 80-100 batch.

True. It is more likely they limit how many drop game-wide within a time period. It is a practice most MMOs utilize.