How do you stack Might solo OW ?

Kulvar.1239

I use fire works for power builds. It adds a bit and boon durations. You can use the zeal trait that adds might on Justice proc. Does not work with DH well, but works with everything else. Power builds use RI Trait in radiance which provides might while you have retaliation.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PW1Aw6FlRwmYPMJGJOAS+PdA-zRRYBREGOaYHSEqgKECpLBU8JJM2DPA-e

I pretty much run this build and tweak as needed. (Helps to have legendary armor/weapons). ramps up to 25 might on self with how often your in and out of combat and can maintain it for quite a while as long as you keep fighting.

Is it a 100% optimal build, no, but it's good enough for open world and fun.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:For OW/FOTM Seraphbrand does a great job of might stacking / support / general survivability and damage. I usually run iterations of this build. Easily maintain ~20 might solo.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABc+t7lRweYVMMGJW0SvPbA-zRRYmhQgG909FSCVQphQHJgDnERoe6HE7hgD4tcq5G-e

I'm really interested in this build because I love condition Firebrand, and I want to work towards building heal/support gear for fractals. I was thinking of going full minstrel's, since I've seen Harrier's do negligible damage anyway.How is Seraph's for FoTM? Do you find yourself trying to actively heal everyone or are you mostly DPS'ing and just passively healing from solace and symbols? I'd hate all the DPS stats to go to waste if I'm barely targeting the boss.

@Clyde.5178 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:For OW/FOTM Seraphbrand does a great job of might stacking / support / general survivability and damage. I usually run iterations of this build. Easily maintain ~20 might solo.

I'm really interested in this build because I love condition Firebrand, and I want to work towards building heal/support gear for fractals. I was thinking of going full minstrel's, since I've seen Harrier's do negligible damage anyway.How is Seraph's for FoTM? Do you find yourself trying to actively heal everyone or are you mostly DPS'ing and just passively healing from solace and symbols? I'd hate all the DPS stats to go to waste if I'm barely targeting the boss.

The Seraph build is a middle ground between a 'clutch heal' Minstrel/harrior FB that does zero damage and carries the group, and a normal support power quickness FB that provides utility and damage to the party. As for DPS, Seraph puts out quite impressive damage with constant burns and 100% crit chance which also allows you to give consistent might through trait. The healing isn't as strong as the Minstrel/Harrier FB, so you need your party to actually dodge/not facetank every encounter. You don't focus on keepig your party alive all the time, but rather on the boss / mechanics. If things go south, you can always go into f3/f2 tome to top everyone up, but the rest of the healing is reactive. Also, if might isn't an issue for your party, you can swap the might trait for Aegis on heal. Sigils are also not set in stone - you can use the 10% heal modifier sigil instead off DPS and heal food as well.If you are a beginner, probably a full support build is easier than Seraph, but I would honestly not recommend going full minstrel...just a few pieces is ok...Harrier is the way to go for 'Clutch Heal' - especially if you ever plan to raid so you can reuse the same gear. If you raid in full minstrel, you will be the tank in most of encounters, and FB is only an acceptable tank on a couple of bosses.Hope this answers your question. :)Edit: Seraph is also a good build for open world.

@Clyde.5178 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:For OW/FOTM Seraphbrand does a great job of might stacking / support / general survivability and damage. I usually run iterations of this build. Easily maintain ~20 might solo.

A lot of the healing comes from the symbols which are part of your rotation so this really depends on how the rest of your party is doing. If you need to pull out tomes to constantly sustain them, your dps will drop heavily. If you're allowed to dps away, you can get 15k dps (more if you took more aggressive utilities, but I like to make it so my party facetanks most objects. Why else would you bring a healer?). If going ham, I can get 20k for short bursts.

However, condis suffer the disadvantage of boss phases so if your party's dps is very high, then your own dps will be lower too. Conversely, if your party isn't very good, you will do more damage and probably just flat out carry some weaker ones. Some people may even suspect you're not a healer, but I notice that pushes them a bit more xD

Personally I think the best part about this build is when your party is in good shape, you can help with the dps and go back to healing if people start to potato.

The biggest advantage I've seen is that I can contribute to tough spots where a normal healbrand couldn't. For example, I can solo one of the adds for Siax CM during the split phase, so that means it basically will never fail. I can also help with killing anomalies on 100.

However, do note that you are also significantly squishier since you can't run virtues or pure of heart vs a healbrand. You also will have less boon duration. (~80%) Against fights where you have to deal with a lot of incoming damage and limited opportunities to attack the enemy (Mai Trinn), it may not be so hot. The other problem is not hitting the enemy hurts might generation. Artsariiv is an example of a boss I just go regular healer because she just moves around too much. You may want to consider fitting in a few plaguedoctor's pieces (sacrifice crit for vit). In the long run, you'll most likely be crit capped anyways thanks to potions and fury especially if you have a warrior banner.

Oh yea, don't bother with harriers unless raiding or poor. As you noted the damage is negligible, minstrels heals for more and will also have 100% boon duration with fractal potions anyways. Frailty is often quite nasty so minstrels can be useful there.