What do you do for keybinding?

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:Best thing I ever purchased for MMOs -- no more keyboard...

Logitech G13 Gamepad (or anything similar)

I too use (and highly recommend) a gamepad, Razer Tarterus (after using an N52 Nostromo for over a decade). So most everything I need is on the gamepad or my Logitech G300s mouse. My keyboard has extra programmable keys on the left side, so I put the mount keys there.

@Talindra.4958 said:I hv basic mouse .. cheapest in the market but fit my little hand best. Razor is almost double the size of my palm I couldn't hold it well.. I also kept all skills at default too :p no need to be too hardcore unless we play PvP or wvw serious business

That's one reason I like the G300s -- smaller size. I also prefer the extra buttons on the top rather than the side.

I use a crkbd on my main machine, and wanted to find a set of keybinds that worked comfortably with both that and a "regular" keyboard.

What I settled on was using ESDF for movement, and then wrapping those with actions. For GW2 this works out pretty well, I have weapon skills on WQAZX, utilities on RTGBV, and weapon swap on C. Space to jump, double-tap to dodge (don't @ me!), profession skills on "1-5", mounts on Shift-[1-5]; I kept Shift-F for interaction, and lesser-used keys (map, inventory, etc) are on the right half of the keyboard.

By shifting movement to ESDF I nearly double the amount of things my pinky can do without having to move my hand off of my movement keys, and has worked surprisingly well with every game I've tried it out on, as well as on every keyboard...

@Asterism.2761 said:What I settled on was using ESDF for movement, and then wrapping those with actions. For GW2 this works out pretty well, I have weapon skills on WQAZX, utilities on RTGBV, and weapon swap on C. Space to jump, double-tap to dodge (don't @ me!), profession skills on "1-5", mounts on Shift-[1-5]; I kept Shift-F for interaction, and lesser-used keys (map, inventory, etc) are on the right half of the keyboard.

I also use ESDF for movement, this has three big advantages for me:

• my left hand is at the default position for touch typing, so I know all the keys around it through muscle-memory
  • I have more keys available for my pinky finger, as you already mentioned
  • I mapped dodge to the A key, so I can hit it effortlessly while any of the movement keys are pressed. This works really well, you should try it one day.

Other keys (American layout):

• Skills 1-10 are Q T R B V C X Z | W
  • Profession skills are G H J K L
  • Mounts are F1 to F8
  • Weapon swap, nearest target, interaction and special action are mapped to mouse buttons

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:Best thing I ever purchased for MMOs -- no more keyboard...

Logitech G13 Gamepad (or anything similar)

I too use (and highly recommend) a gamepad, Razer Tarterus (after using an N52 Nostromo for over a decade). So most everything I need is on the gamepad or my Logitech G300s mouse. My keyboard has extra programmable keys on the left side, so I put the mount keys there.

@Talindra.4958 said:I hv basic mouse .. cheapest in the market but fit my little hand best. Razor is almost double the size of my palm I couldn't hold it well.. I also kept all skills at default too :p no need to be too hardcore unless we play PvP or wvw serious business

That's one reason I like the G300s -- smaller size. I also prefer the extra buttons on the top rather than the side.

I started with the Nostromo years ago when playing WoW, then added a Razer Naga. After more then a decade I upgraded to the Tarterus as well an additional 5 keys at the top where I put the mount controls like Griffom dive and rise. It's worked out very well for GW2 and the number of key binds. Plus the chroma lights are integrated with Hue lights behind my desk synced to the monitor.

Razer Nostromo in the same way as ppl described before (moving and skills), side mouse button no.4 for jumping, side mouse button no.5 for dodging. (Im jumping and dodging a lot)

I can confirm that Razer Nostromo/Tartarus/Orbweaver etc. are very good for playing WASD-based movement RPG games like GW2. Takes a bit of time to get used to it, but generally from my own experience and what i discussed with other players, once you try it, you never want to go back to "simple keyboard + mouse" style anymore.

IMHO, having a good controller device is frequently an underestimated aspect of "good and intuitive feeling" how you can play a game.(For this reason, "HOTAS" is also the most recomended controller device for flying-simulator games, because, well, in fact very similar or almost identical things are actually used in real airplanes)

• 3 years later...

I play with the action cam

Menus

F1-F8

Movement

WASD

mouse 4 Dodge

mouse 5 Weapon Swap 

Skills 

Skill 1 is left mouse click , then QERF, Heal is X, then SHIFT +QERF for utilities and elite

class mechanic skills are numbers

Mounts

Shift+ mouse1-5 and Control 1-5

Edited by Sio.1325
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3