Please disable minion and pet tagging for loot.

@Tukaram.8256 said:To say minions cannot help with earning loot would be like saying a warrior's sword damage does not count. The minions are our weapons. As a necro/minion master I would say maybe add a player movement requirement every so often, or the critters despawn. But to say they do not count... asinine.

No one is saying that. They are saying if it is only your minions doing all the damage while your character casts no skills you get no loot

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:To say minions cannot help with earning loot would be like saying a warrior's sword damage does not count. The minions are our weapons. As a necro/minion master I would say maybe add a player movement requirement every so often, or the critters despawn. But to say they do not count... asinine.

No one is saying that. They are saying if it is only your minions doing all the damage while your character casts no skills you get no loot

So, as a ranger main, if I target an enemy and F1 my pet to attack it then I get no credit for the kill

No, ranger pets are an essential part of the class, this is not gw 1 where you could play a petless build and have full functionality. I use my pet from time to time to target another target as my own, would not be fair if it didnt drop loot. The mayority of players should not be be punished for the behaviour of a minority. I see this threads for years. Players with class A demand that players with class B be nerfed to the ground because a certain 'exploit'. Whats next, cancel turrets, clones etc. A pet/minion timeout would be a good idea for rangers and necros after 10 minutes of inactivity. And be honest a ranger with one pet is not a problem, certainly not with diminishing returns.

@kharmin.7683 said:

So, as a ranger main, if I target an enemy and F1 my pet to attack it then I get no credit for the kill

Wouldn't you also be attacking the mob as well? Or other mobs? Doing damage with your skills other then the pet? If you are casting skills then you get loot. If you sit your ranger and the pets kills 500 mobs in a row by itself like you see them do then no. Like there was a ranger once on a hut and the jacaranda pet was confused and killing all these bandits while running around the hut trying to get back to him but couldn't. In that case no loot. If you are actively also casting skills and stuff then you get loot

@Jilora.9524 said:

Wouldn't you also be attacking the mob as well? Or other mobs? Doing damage with your skills other then the pet? If you are casting skills then you get loot. If you sit your ranger and the pets kills 500 mobs in a row by itself like you see them do then no. Like there was a ranger once on a hut and the jacaranda pet was confused and killing all these bandits while running around the hut trying to get back to him but couldn't. In that case no loot. If you are actively also casting skills and stuff then you get loot

I disagree. I would still be playing the game, so I should get the rewards. Just because I'm not playing it to your definition doesn't mean that I'm not playing the game.

NOTE: I am NOT advocating botting. I have NEVER advocated botting. I do NOT bot. Seems like every time I argue this topic, people seem to think that I'm all for it. I'm not. I just fail to see how those players who appear to be botting, even after being reported, are in any way affecting another player's ability to play the game. So far, no one has been able to answer this.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I disagree. I would still be playing the game, so I should get the rewards. Just because I'm not playing it to your definition doesn't mean that I'm not playing the game.

NOTE: I am NOT advocating botting. I have NEVER advocated botting. I do NOT bot. Seems like every time I argue this topic, people seem to think that I'm all for it. I'm not. I just fail to see how those players who appear to be botting, even after being reported, are in any way affecting another player's ability to play the game. So far, no one has been able to answer this.

How are you playing tho in the instances I mentioned. You are logged in yes but if the pets minions do everything then you really aren't earning the loot. And no it doesn't affect me except they get income doing nothing that I don't get I guess. I don't think you support bots or calling you a bot and like I said up above I can't even say they are botting if the pets minions attack on their own. They just taking advantage of the system which If my suggestion happened they would have to cross that line into botting and actually risk their account banned. In a small way it does affect everyone and some would argue positive because before new map certain dusts were 9-11 silver and they might of been higher if there weren't so many afk farmers getting those just sitting necroes in certain areas

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Tukaram.8256" said:To say minions cannot help with earning loot would be like saying a warrior's sword damage does not count. The minions are our weapons. As a necro/minion master I would say maybe add a player movement requirement every so often, or the critters despawn. But to say they do not count... asinine.

How are you playing tho in the instances I mentioned. You are logged in yes but if the pets minions do everything then you really aren't earning the loot. And no it doesn't affect me except they get income doing nothing that I don't get I guess. I don't think you support bots or calling you a bot and like I said up above I can't even say they are botting if the pets minions attack on their own. They just taking advantage of the system which If my suggestion happened they would have to cross that line into botting and actually risk their account banned. In a small way it does affect everyone and some would argue positive because before new map certain dusts were 9-11 silver and they might of been higher if there weren't so many afk farmers getting those just sitting necroes in certain areas

Any income gained does not affect any other player's ability to gain income. Nothing these players are doing will help them "win" Guild Wars 2 or cause another player to "lose". If there were a significant effect on the in-game economy then Anet would step in and make adjustments (and has in the previous example of the leather farm). If players are taking advantage of the system in a way that is against the CoC, then Anet will handle it. No one here on the forums can which is why it is so frustrating for me to see these threads continue to pop up.

There already exists a way to deal with suspected botters: report them and move on.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:It doesn't affect the game as there's a Diminishing Returns (DR) system in place that prevents it. Essentially, you have to be active and move around the map alot and change maps to get loot, sometimes DR even affects regular players by accident.

Why do you think they've never "fixed" it?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Does DR have much effect in the case of Drizzlewood? It would have to prevent gaining participation otherwise there would still be plenty of loot from the chests based on objectives controlled.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Tukaram.8256" said:To say minions cannot help with earning loot would be like saying a warrior's sword damage does not count. The minions are our weapons. As a necro/minion master I would say maybe add a player movement requirement every so often, or the critters despawn. But to say they do not count... asinine.

Any income gained does not affect any other player's ability to gain income. Nothing these players are doing will help them "win" Guild Wars 2 or cause another player to "lose". If there were a significant effect on the in-game economy then Anet would step in and make adjustments (and has in the previous example of the leather farm). If players are taking advantage of the system in a way that is against the CoC, then Anet will handle it. No one here on the forums can which is why it is so frustrating for me to see these threads continue to pop up.

There already exists a way to deal with suspected botters: report them and move on.

Lol I know you get frustrated. I was surprised I got a comment in before you but the title wasn't as obvious. I mean if you want to argue It doesn't affect us then I really can't win that argument. I mean it's not like other games like Aion when I would go in the enemys zone and kill the gather bots for pvp points. That was fun hunting bots as you felt you could do something. Here I get players frustration but yeah nothing really hurts us individually

@kharmin.7683 said:

And there we have it, from the mouth of kharmin themself, they want rewards for nothing. Oh, it isn't botting but it might as well be, because you are not playing the game."I'm not playing but i'm not botting, see the obvious difference!" You can't be serious... You people don't need to go to these lenghts to try to make us believe your shaky explanations, you are not fooling anyone, anet is simply indifferent so go nuts. When there is nothing but AFKers and bots, maybe anet will feel bad (yeah, right...).It's a "playstyle" AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

@"Yggranya.5201" said:And there we have it, from the mouth of kharmin themself, they want rewards for nothing. Oh, it isn't botting but it might as well be, because you are not playing the game."I'm not playing but i'm not botting, see the obvious difference!" You can't be serious... You people don't need to go to these lenghts to try to make us believe your shaky explanations, you are not fooling anyone, anet is simply indifferent so go nuts. When there is nothing but AFKers and bots, maybe anet will feel bad (yeah, right...).It's a "playstyle" AHAHAHAHAHAHA!Again, you think that y9u know me so well. Please, then, show me how these suspected botters directly affect your ability to play the game. How do they prevent you from completing content? How do their rewards affect your rewards? Why does it bother you?

@Yggranya.5201 said:

You people don't need to go to these lenghts to try to make us believe your shaky explanations, you are not fooling anyone, anet is simply indifferent so go nuts. When there is nothing but AFKers and bots, maybe anet will feel bad (yeah, right...).Better yet, add me in game and then when I'm on you can come and watch me play the game and see that I do not bot for rewards.

@Howdy its me Brad.6132 said:

@"Tyncale.1629" said:Everquest implemented that rule pretty early for pet classes. You have to get at least 1 point of damage in yourself. You can still automate that to an extent but it will be a lot harder to tag all mobs that way.

This person gets it, Everquest gets it. Not that it's up to me, but I think this is the perfect solution. As I said in the original post, "When a player is actually controlling a Necromancer or Ranger, they have plenty of AOE for loot without the minions and pets helping them." I never mentioned changing anything about the way minions or pets work other than tagging for loot. Those AFK'ers aren't loitering around the winterberry nodes to help players, or any other location. They pick those spots because veterans are there in hopes of better loot. The vet that spawns at the log farm in Malchor's drops a minimum fine grade item 100% the time. I know because I have 23 characters parked there and I have been MANUALLY killing that vet for years. Try thanking one of those players for making things easier for you and you will see what a great addition to the community they are when they are silent, or their status is set to offline. My complaint is purely from a business standpoint. I love the game and if one of those slackers trades in gold for only 100 gems I consider this stealing. Especially when Anet had to recently lay off employees.

When I'm in a farming mood i usually put myself offline so no one will pm me. Just because they are offline doesn't mean they aren't there. Some people just don't want to be bother sometimes. I'm not saying that's true for every one but please don't assume every person set to offline and farming is a bot Most of the time when I farm. I have 70 alts that I will run through w/e area. I just want to get it over with. Idle chit chat just slows me down. I know a few others who farm a lot who feel the same.

i think this is okay. It's just a perk of playing a pet class. It's not like pet classes are not available to everyone. Anyone can make one and do the same. Some classes have way more mobility, some have way more self healing, etc. This is just a unique perk of a pet class, that's all.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Howdy its me Brad.6132" said:...When a player is actually controlling a Necromancer or Ranger, they have plenty of AOE for loot without the minions and pets helping them... So please disable minion/pet tagging for loot in the next patch so we don't have to look at these deadbeats.

Actually that is exactly what the OP said - "disable minion/pet tagging for loot". You may not be saying it but the OP did, and that was who my reply was aimed at . My minions are my main weapon. It would be the same as saying a warriors weapon damage cannot tag for loot.

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@"Howdy its me Brad.6132" said:...When a player is actually controlling a Necromancer or Ranger, they have plenty of AOE for loot without the minions and pets helping them... So please disable minion/pet tagging for loot in the next patch so we don't have to look at these deadbeats.

Actually that is exactly what the OP said - "disable minion/pet tagging for loot". You may not be saying it but the OP did, and that was who my reply was aimed at . My minions are my main weapon. It would be the same as saying a warriors weapon damage cannot tag for loot.

No, that's what the title says and if you don't read anything then yeah off that you can infer he meant what you responded too. But if you read it and the thread which you didn't and only read the title then 2 times you say the wrong thing and correct someone by saying the wrong thing again. He says in his post they sit there afk and the minions do it all while the player does nothing and no that wouldn't be the same because you know the war has to use his weapon skills to do damage where your minions can kill with you in the other room

@Jilora.9524 said:

No, that's what the title says and if you don't read anything then yeah off that you can infer he meant what you responded too. But if you read it and the thread which you didn't and only read the title then 2 times you say the wrong thing and correct someone by saying the wrong thing again. He says in his post they sit there afk and the minions do it all while the player does nothing and no that wouldn't be the same because you know the war has to use his weapon skills to do damage where your minions can kill with you in the other room

I did read the whole thread - but was only replying to the original (stupid) idea. He said "Necromancer or Ranger, they have plenty of AOE for loot without the minions and pets helping them... So please disable minion/pet tagging for loot in the next patch". That means necro & ranger only get credit for their AOE or I suppose other personally applied damage - though he does not mention that. He wants ALL damage by minions &pets to not count. He did not say to put in an AFK check, he said "disable minion/pet tagging for loot". You can dance around it all you want. I was replying to him and am done with you.

Some of you seem to be arguing how earning drops and meta participation without doing anything isn't botting because you're just standing there.Can you then at least prove how it is an okay thing to do, or get anet to verify it?I would definitely afk with a few accounts in drizzlewood or somewhere with enough mobs before going to work each day then.

@"Friday.7864" said:Some of you seem to be arguing how earning drops and meta participation without doing anything isn't botting because you're just standing there.Can you then at least prove how it is an okay thing to do, or get anet to verify it?I would definitely afk with a few accounts in drizzlewood or somewhere with enough mobs before going to work each day then.

If you haven't, please read the policy on unattended gameplay: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65548/policy-unattended-gameplay

@Tukaram.8256 said:

I did read the whole thread - but was only replying to the original (stupid) idea. He said "Necromancer or Ranger, they have plenty of AOE for loot without the minions and pets helping them... So please disable minion/pet tagging for loot in the next patch". That means necro & ranger only get credit for their AOE or I suppose other personally applied damage - though he does not mention that. He wants ALL damage by minions &pets to not count. He did not say to put in an AFK check, he said "disable minion/pet tagging for loot". You can dance around it all you want. I was replying to him and am done with you.

Fine Be done with me after saying dance around while you ignore the whole paragraph which was mostly an annoying rant but it's more for AFK not how you pull out a couple sentences and base your whole argument on it. You can see it's afk sitting at drizzle now not someone actively player but yeah now we can be done