Upcoming Balance Notes

@rbbthole.9074 said:No tuning on Tornado perma ccNo tuning on Lightning Rod weakness spamNo tuning on shocking auraNo tuning on Granade Barrage (just the second skill on the kit)Just a 50 power/condi cut on soulbeast dpsBurning still beyond brokenA nerf on an hardly used Mirage skillOnly 2 lines for thieves...

I could go on and on... Anet for the love of god, ask for help. You have no idea on how to balance your own game, it's starting to became a meme. I am really disappointed in you

You didnt read the intro part of the balance changes.Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

This is a bad balance patch for WvW. Necromancer and chronomancer do not need buffs or changes this significant without adjustment of the rest of their kit. Revenant needs to be nerfed as it is outperforming almost everything. Winds of Disenchantment continues to be one of the most oppressive mechanics ever introduced, please remove it from the game and rework the elite into something else or move the boon rip to the rest of the spellbreaker's kit.

Pretty big disappointment after the success of the last patch. You should really try to persist in the toning down of the power level of the strongest builds for WvW and continue to try and slow the game down. This is very bad.

Just to be specific, the last patch was VERY good. The previous balance patch made almost entirely correct moves in the correct direction. This is a TERRIBLE patch. It feels completely disconnected from the problems facing the game modes.

What about 300 sec traits rework? What about some ccs and their damages? What about torment on rev? Why boosting boon removal damage in PvE on spellbreaker instead of boosting its damage directly to be more competetive with Berserker? Sword and mace offhand improvements don't seem to be significant enough to make them competetive with shield or axe. Why not giving mace mainhand and sword offhand blocks flip skills that can be used at will (like ranger greatsword Counterattack skill) for better skill control? What about dagger offhand? That one is a bit behind, too.Some warrior changes are nice though, like Mending and Savage Instinct, feels good.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@rbbthole.9074 said:No tuning on Tornado perma ccNo tuning on Lightning Rod weakness spamNo tuning on shocking auraNo tuning on Granade Barrage (just the second skill on the kit)Just a 50 power/condi cut on soulbeast dpsBurning still beyond brokenA nerf on an hardly used Mirage skillOnly 2 lines for thieves...

I could go on and on... Anet for the love of god, ask for help. You have no idea on how to balance your own game, it's starting to became a meme. I am really disappointed in you

You didnt read the intro part of the balance changes.Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

I did, yet I'm still disappointed. We all know the missing changes are not going to be huge. That's it my friend, just a bit more. Cmon! They had the balls to nerf a mirage skill, what other demonstrations of incompetence you need...

Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Thief T_T seriously

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

We've prepared a Balance Update that is slated for next week and in keeping with our push to get the Release Notes to you early so that you can theorycraft, discuss and prepare. Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

This is why you should read the whole thing :p

from what i have read the changes i think go into the right direction. lets see how it plays out. Keep it up! just maybe communicate more in between especially when you dont meet the annoounced scedule.

Edit: unfortunately the more i read i see that there are aslo some really ugly changes. Especially regarding wvw. Imagine not developing your only unique and interessting game mode. Actually even actively fcking it.. atleast take wvw out for dinner first. have some manners Kapp

I don't understand this is the opposite direction they went in with the overwhelmingly positive patch they just released? Is someone else making the decisions again? These scourge changes are ridiculous for WvW play. Please go back to the ideal you had in the last patch, it was really well balanced this seems completely off base of what the goal of the last one which btw was fantastic.

I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow (ignore my writing about Rev teleports when i misunderstood them and it is only a quality of life change and they will still work through walls).

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe some others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Dmg reduction on Lich. Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

Grats to Chrono players, at least they aditted this nonsense and changed it. Hf Mirage players to fight vs stronger classes with more sustain and more dmg with still only one dodge.

I'd say overall pretty level-headed changes.

I think engies will become quite oppressive. They got more buffs and possibly more build variety while receiving no significant nerfs.

Main thing for me was addressing Rev sustain, which seems to have been done. Rest is just gravy.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

• Rune of the Mirage: This rune set no longer grants 3 seconds of superspeed when using leap finishers, but instead grants 5 seconds of superspeed when using an elite skill. This effect has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Yes Anet, rune of the "Mirage". ROFL I'm done.

@McGodd.9427 said:This is a bad balance patch for WvW. Necromancer and chronomancer do not need buffs or changes this significant without adjustment of the rest of their kit. Revenant needs to be nerfed as it is outperforming almost everything. Winds of Disenchantment continues to be one of the most oppressive mechanics ever introduced, please remove it from the game and rework the elite into something else or move the boon rip to the rest of the spellbreaker's kit.

Pretty big disappointment after the success of the last patch. You should really try to persist in the toning down of the power level of the strongest builds for WvW and continue to try and slow the game down. This is very bad.

Just to be specific, the last patch was VERY good. The previous balance patch made almost entirely correct moves in the correct direction. This is a TERRIBLE patch. It feels completely disconnected from the problems facing the game modes.

I dont have the experience with fb or necro to comment but saying chronos were dumpster tier without self shatter is disengenuous, losing distort was enough for it and the removal of self shatter was overkill. Besides, shatters were abjusted for the return of self shatter.

@mistsim.2748 said:Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

What did you smoke my man?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:In competitive game modes, druids have been seen significantly less use for their supportive abilities, so we're tuning those up to encourage bringing the affected traits and glyphs.

It's great that you are finally looking at druid, but I can tell you right now that these changes listed here, while not necessarily bad, won't do much. You're regularly doing reworks on other classes' traits - it's about time you start looking at some of the druid traits, the staff skills and the glyphs if you want to encourage people to play druid for its support abilities. Small number tweaks aren't what druid needs the most.

Extremely happy and thankful for the return of selfshatter on chronos as i felt it was overkill to remove it, i will say tho that im sceptical about reverting shades. I dont bave the necro experience and im sure necros will be overjoyed but, compaired to the revert on chronos, the revert on necros has far more wide reaching implications.