Upcoming Balance Notes

As one of those very, very rare condition damage Deadeye players in instanced PvE, will you be providing further updates prior to release of the patch? It would be really nice to have an idea of what the changes will be prior to the patch and be in the same position as other professions.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

What did you smoke my man?

The good stuff, obviously.

The numbers they tweaked aren't small, they're quite significant. But they arguably didn't tweak enough.

You can heal more now, have another immob bomb, and can reliably use glyphs to condi cleanse (with the trait). In other words, you don't need to slot additional condi cleanse beyond 2 glyphs, and the Celestial trait.

If you understood this, you'd see that the side-noder capability of the druid got some serious buffs.

• Speed of Synergy: This trait has been reworked. It will now grant superspeed for 5 seconds to allies in a radius of 240 around the engineer when using a healing skill. Using a healing tool-belt skill grants the engineer 7 seconds of superspeed.

the problem with this trait is that the logn super speed is gonna get removed ALL the time by other shorter source sof super speed unles you implement a priority system for it that makes the longest sources overwrite others.

• Soothing Detonation: This trait has been reworked. It now heals in an area around the engineer each time they use a tool-belt skill instead of when using a blast finisher with a fire combo field.

this trait worked in any combo field... do you guys not know your own game?

Once again just pushing scourge further and further into a more powerful position in wvw with that stupid "cast at point and at player location" stuff. Can I get that on my weaver? How about my mesmer, can his wells be cast on him and wherever I point my mouse at the same time? I don't understand the thought process behind that design choice and why it is being brought back after it was rightfully removed and the last balance patch was so successful.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Yikes, 8s cooldown in pvp and wvw, 20 targets cap on f1 now, yikes

You havent seen that the pvp and wvw version still is 15s cd

Its an 8 second CD in WvW as well. It LAST 15 seconds in WvW.

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Yikes, 8s cooldown in pvp and wvw, 20 targets cap on f1 now, yikes

You havent seen that the pvp and wvw version still is 15s cd

Its an 8 second CD in WvW as well. It LAST 15 seconds in WvW.

And odds are its still going to be 5 target cap base because anet forgets these things they updated with the update for the shade placement update. This alone makes this update a wash and wvw over all a worst place to play.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-10-01#Necromancer

Wonderful changes for Revenant, while I was reading it I almost felt like I was checking my wishlist altogether. This has greatly improvement my expectations from you guys.

Time to go update my posts in response from the team good work once this patch rolls out! Really hyped to invest more time in duels with those QoL changes, remember though. Mallyx F2 Facet /might/ still be a problem with it's Radius, keep that one under the radar, 600 activate radius is pretty strong and having it comparably set to 360 like Shiro would be an healthy change, Mallyx does have the utility to bring enemies together afterall with Call to Anguish.

Edit: Investigate Hammer again for Revenant, it's second skill is not completely up to the task yet in terms of a released product.

I appreciate the changes to Chronomancer as well, having the F4 with such a high cooldown while losing shatters on demand was a pretty high demand from player skills since clones happen to die pretty easily from anything.

Honestly if it was for Mirage, I'd say they can get their Evade back if they lose F4 for it. Depends, I'm not the expert but seems more of a reasonable trade off given they can evade at anytime.

@One Hander.9830 said:So if chronomancers get a revert on their elite spec trade-off ( self shatters was removed cause of this originally its in past patch notes) can we can a revert on swipe for daredevils too ?

Still on about this? Swipe is good, just accept the choice you have to make for a third evade. Chronomancer losing nearly half of it's flow wasn't comparable at all.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Thief T_T seriously

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

We've prepared a Balance Update that is slated for next week and in keeping with our push to get the Release Notes to you early so that you can theorycraft, discuss and prepare. Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

This is why you should read the whole thing :p

Imagine how long will it be that they didnt post it

No Explosives Entrance or Grenade Barrage adjustment or any substantial Herald adjustment which is wild since like every ranked game is like 40% Grenade Holos and 40% Heralds. Shaving some protection off the Elite Facet and the shield heal isn't going to do anything in terms of how dominant both condi and power herald are in PvP right now.

Half of the engineer's utility skills are totally unused in all game modes, and they still go untouched... changes are only being made to already-established builds.

I hope future balance patches will focus on introducing unused skills and traits into the game. There are an astounding number of skills and traits across all professions that could be adding gameplay choices, but aren't.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

The numbers they tweaked aren't small, they're quite significant. But they arguably didn't tweak enough.

You can heal more now, have another immob bomb, and can reliably use glyphs to condi cleanse (with the trait). In other words, you don't need to slot additional condi cleanse beyond 2 glyphs, and the Celestial trait.

If you understood this, you'd see that the side-noder capability of the druid got some serious buffs.
  • a 0.5sec immob increase on an insignificant weapon actually is insignificant.
  • you said they pushed support capabilities of druid... tell me when and where.
  • the trait casts LESSER seed of life which doesnt state to have an increased condi cleanse as well.

If you understood this, you'd see that these buffs wont really matter.

But yeh we cant complain. After seeing nerfs every single balance patch, druid players should be happy with this I suppose.

@"Apokriphos.7042" said:Please keep an eye on the scourge change in WvW as well.

Do you know what changed in WvW between December 2019, when they altered the F2-F5 skills to only manifest around the player or the shade, and now? Nothing. Power Scourge was the primary bomb for squads back then, and has remained so ever since up until this day. Not. One. Thing. Changed.

People at the time complained that it wouldn't fix the dominance of Scourge in a WvW zerg, while also needlessly hamstringing the Scourge in PvE...and they were right. Just like we were right when ANET decided to remove Detection Pulse from Scrappers, only to to then shoehorn it in again.

That honestly is what frustrates me the most. It isn't the slow pace of the changes, the bugs that go ignored, and I'm not even entirely bothered by the "let's change this and see what happens" philosophy...it's that it takes them MONTHS to get to the part of "see what happens", realize it was a poor decision, and revert the change.

Anyone seriously worried about what this change to Scourge will mean for WvW going forward either wasn't playing WvW back in November 2019, wasn't paying attention then, or isn't paying attention now.

At the very least this means that Scourge will suck less in PvE...a issue that should never have been created in the first place.

Anet, why in the world are you nerfing revenant shield? The weapon has only recently become viable and you plan to nerf it into irrelevance again? Is this weapon on a hit list? It was the worst offhand we had for years and you're nerfing it again?

And why are you nerfing Facet of Chaos when the culprit to protection uptime is Draconic Echo? You already know that trait is the issue so why are you nerfing facets when we know good and well you won't revert the facet nerfs after you finally nerf Draconic Echo? This is gonna be the same story as Enhanced Bulwark was years ago, isn't it?

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

• a 0.5sec immob increase on an insignificant weapon actually is insignificant.
  • you said they pushed support capabilities of druid... tell me when and where.
  • the trait casts LESSER seed of life which doesnt state to have an increased condi cleanse as well.

If you understood this, you'd see that these buffs wont really matter.

But yeh we cant complain. After seeing nerfs every single balance patch, druid players should be happy with this I suppose.

It's a decent step. We need way more.