Upcoming Balance Notes

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Yikes, 8s cooldown in pvp and wvw, 20 targets cap on f1 now, yikes

You havent seen that the pvp and wvw version still is 15s cd

Its an 8 second CD in WvW as well. It LAST 15 seconds in WvW.

and nobody was talking about the duration of the shade, i said cooldown not how long it stood on ground

Nerfed condi weaver in PVE for what? Condi Quickbrand will now do almost does same damage with way easier rotation, you just proved again that you balance classes based on SC golem benchmark numbers.Pvp notes are another disappointment.Thanks for the patch notes, now I can delete in peace.

Please give Herald some buff, not just the things on this list, they're called OPTIMIZATION, not BALANCE.

Herald just being replaced totally by Renegade for long time. I don't care what changes you make in WVW/PVP, Herald just really bad in lots PVE situation. As dps role, Herald's trait and weapon skill only provide power option in most PVE mode, but its damage, not only burn damage but sustained damage are so bad even you run the perfect rotation that both FOTM and RAID nobody wants to use it. As support role, all the boon that Herald can provide are totally covered by any popular support class like chronomancer, druid or firebrand, even RENEGADE. The special herald skill Facet of Nature looks good for team with ancient echo apparently, but in fact the effect that facet can provide is very dispensable. The benefit you gain by trading off herald's dps and skill usage (cause keep F2 on will consume lots of energy) is so low that nobody will select it in team fight. If one Druid can covered all might stacks, who need heralds Facet of Strength? (and it only can give 8 stacks with no boon duration, 14 stacks with nearly 100% boon duration) If one Renegade can covered permanent alacrity for group, WHO needs herald's alacrity with Serene Rejuvenation? Especially tablet's range is so small, only give 5 ppl alac, 50% upkeep time with 100% boon duration.

NO ONE WANTS YOU TO PLAY SUP HERALD CAUSE ANY OTHER CLASS IS BETTER THAN YOU!

As a Herald lover, I feel so sad that Renegade not only condi dps but also sup are good (even can play heal Ren/tank Ren), the most exaggerated is that even POWER REN is better than power Herald.

PLEASE, if you do not care Herald's PVE gaming experience, at least buff its dps, so I can play it without discrimination from others.

This is my pure wish...... (sad)

“Tries to improve Mirage usability”-nerfs already bad utility-increase staff ambush targets to 10-makes PvE damage utility faster

What is this? The one PvP, WvW, and PvE token quota changes? And none of this fixed its usability in PvP, and even more so does nothing for power Mirage.

Phase Traversal: This skill now performs a pathing check before activation.

Is it christmas already?/E: Apparently this does not mean that Rev can't teleport through half the map terrain without LOS for an unblockable quickness burst anymore, but rather that the skill won't trigger a CD if it can't somehow find a "path", so big F.

Explosive Holo wasn't addressed either.

Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

I don't know what to say. This note alone makes this the worst balance patch since PoF. Hugely disappointed.A series of better patches dumped into the trashcan just like that...

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@One Hander.9830 said:So if chronomancers get a revert on their elite spec trade-off ( self shatters was removed cause of this originally its in past patch notes) can we can a revert on swipe for daredevils too ?

Wasnt the tradeoff that cs repalced distortion?

Maybe now, but I think that's too big of a tradeoff.

I think its fine given what chrono can do in return, the self shatter removal was overkill tho.

Legends: Swapping legends can now be done in midair.Speaking of QoL.. Can you please make it so that swapping legends with F1 out of combat will not put legend swap on cooldown? Right now the same can be achieved by swapping legends manually in the dropdown list, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they came to their senses with regard to chronomancer dry shatters, but I don't see the mesmer changes as anything that will actually help mesmer out of its terrible position competitively. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but what I really wanted to see was "We are restoring Mirage's endurance bar to 100% and reworking Infinite Horizon".

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Longshot.1237 said:they need to finally give ele and eng active combat weapon swap, I think it would be fair after all these years.

I imagine weapon swap will be coming to Ele and Engi with the new elite spec

By that time Obsidian flesh will be like 120s CD and 500s Cd for Mistform; ofc attunement swap Cd will be 30s CD for attunement and shared between weapon sets

Ok. Gotta say it ---- Anet 'balance' team has no idea how to balance competitive game modes. Good job focusing on the problematic classes. Just one tiny thing----Those that anet is nerfing, require buffs and vice verse.

• More nerfs to ele? Check! More nerfs to guard? Check!
  • More buffs to engi? Check! More buffs to rangers? Check!
  • Random changes to revenant that will most likely end up being terrible bugged (as usual)? Check!

P.S. And just WOW ----- reverting chrono and scourge changes, and buffing druid? We have officially gone full circle now. -Facepalm-

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Damage-build soulbeasts have been unleashing numbers that are higher than they should be. This is on a broad level rather than being tied to particular weapons or utility skills.

Um.... I'm having a hard time believing this statement when Guardian is pretty much completely outclassing soulbeast on all levels and wasn't nerfed much. I'd take Dragonhunter's damage over power soulbeast any day. Same with Firebrand (or Mirage, depending on situation) over condi soulbeast . Is it a little too much? Maybe. But nerf the greater offenders first please.

@One Hander.9830 said:So if chronomancers get a revert on their elite spec trade-off ( self shatters was removed cause of this originally its in past patch notes) can we can a revert on swipe for daredevils too ?

Chrono had a triple trade-off, no IP no distortion and trash F skills.IP back means only two trade-offs remain.

Daredevil had a trade-off of steal range for unbloackable and 0 trade off for 3 better dodges.

Are you sure you want to play that game?

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Chrono had a triple trade-off, no IP no distortion and trash F skills.IP back means only two trade-offs remain.

Daredevil had a trade-off of steal range for unbloackable and 0 trade off for 3 better dodges.

Are you sure you want to play that game?

How about BerserkerNo core F1s, can only access F1s with an interruptible skill for a duration, Take more damage while doing so. :+1:

If I'm reading this right, Over Shield is still going to proc protection on yourself while you're in the middle of guarding. And now that Shield 5 lasts for .5s longer, you'll have .5s of protection uptime. So for the self, it'll still be pretty bad, but at least you'll be able to buff teammates now. Inventions still need reworked though.As well, the things that apply immob for abnormally high amounts of time seems to not be getting hit at all, so immob CCs will still be very strong.

@schrodingerscat.3872 said:Why the Condi weaver nerf ? It's hard enough as is to pull numbers given its complex rotation, squishy glass cannon nature and it's reliance on perfect quickness and alacrity... Seriously...? And no nerf to the insanely OP axe 5 on soulbeast. Right. Makes sense.

@Alyster.9470 said:Nerfed condi weaver in PVE for what? Condi Quickbrand will now do almost does same damage with way easier rotation, you just proved again that you balance classes based on SC golem benchmark numbers.Pvp notes are another disappointment.Thanks for the patch notes, now I can delete in peace.

Yeah I have no idea what they are thinking. It's so rare you see a weaver in raids these days (I mean, power dps is a bit of a meme in comparison to soulbeast and holo right now), and even rarer to see a condi weaver amongst all the firebrands and rens. But yet they decide to pick on it?

Makes no sense at all. Leave Ele alone :(

I am watching this on Roy's stream and can only say that they shouldnt have buffed chronomancer. Its completely broken in the past, it should be nerfed to ground. ASS HOULE WHOEVER THINKS CHRONO NEEDS BUFF. Anyways Speaking about life -> did you know their is people who cosplay warclaw. Any thoughts on that? put that in the balance patch. ALSO ALSO do you remember when that 50 year old guy had won that friendship contest with that 20 year old, pretty PMA. I actually hope they add that to every balance patch to show how active the community is. Really positive boys.

Wow, these are garbage changes. Scourge is in a good spot right now, why on earth would you make them so dominant that they push out every other dps class again? Back to pirate shipping only for wvw =/

And no nerfs to pulsing immobilize on ranger? wut? do you guys play your game?