Rhendak's chest not spawning?

For the last seven days in a row, the chest that's supposed to spawn after Rhendak is defeated hasn't spawned. Is anybody else seeing this symptom?

(Yes, I know about the extreme diminishing returns for this event. This character has done WvW dailies every day throughout the period. In addition, this symptom is new. He had done the same things the 50-60 days prior, and only had 2-3 instances where the chest didn't spawn.)

DR isn't an exact science and that's the main reason I took a long break early on because you just can't pinpoint it until you get trash for loot or events are worth nothing. They say swap map do other things like you do dailes but you never really know when you get hit by it or it wears off as it's not a buff. Maybe you hit some next level with that character as in all honesty you shouldn't be able to park alts to bypass in some spots. I'd just bring a new character there

I'm not missing the point. It's DR and there is no legit rhyme or reason to it. I can't tell you why this change happened but going 7 days with the same char thinking it will change silly. Maybe swap and you get 2 months with the new one idk it's all guesses. No way I'd sit there for days and then hope someone else is sitting there for days with the same issue when I can't imagine there's 100's of players doing it

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:Haven't had that happen, but it doesn't seem right. DR is supposed to affect how much loot you get from an activity, not remove a guaranteed drop like the sort Rhendak should provide. Are you referring to a normal chest at the spot where Rhendak is killed or this one? Either way, you should be getting both once a day.

The second one is just the one you interact with to start the event. It's the Grand Chest that's not spawning.

@Jilora.9524 said:I'm not missing the point. It's DR and there is no legit rhyme or reason to it. I can't tell you why this change happened but going 7 days with the same char thinking it will change silly. Maybe swap and you get 2 months with the new one idk it's all guesses. No way I'd sit there for days and then hope someone else is sitting there for days with the same issue when I can't imagine there's 100's of players doing it

Lots of people do it daily. Usually there are 2-3 that pop in whenever I'm there, but I solo it if I have to.

And, it's not silly. I did this for months daily. I DID receive a signet during that time interval (day 88), so unless it's been changed, it should still work. (NOTE: Perhaps 5-6 times during that interval it didn't spawn. I chalked that off to not having done enough in WvW the previous day. It always worked the next day.)

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:I'm not missing the point. It's DR and there is no legit rhyme or reason to it. I can't tell you why this change happened but going 7 days with the same char thinking it will change silly. Maybe swap and you get 2 months with the new one idk it's all guesses. No way I'd sit there for days and then hope someone else is sitting there for days with the same issue when I can't imagine there's 100's of players doing it

Lots of people do it daily. Usually there are 2-3 that pop in whenever I'm there, but I solo it if I have to.

And, it's not silly. I did this for months daily. I DID receive a signet during that time interval (day 88), so unless it's been changed, it should still work. (NOTE: Perhaps 5-6 times during that interval it didn't spawn. I chalked that off to not having done enough in WvW the previous day. It always worked the next day.)

I know you did I remember your 1st threads. I didn't call leaving a char there silly I called not adjusting after 7 straight days of no chest. Highly unlikely somethings changed except you can't get rid of a dr and you never will know it's gone until the chest pops back up so it could take 2 hours in wvw or who knows. That's my point. I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to tell you no one can give you a legit answer to how and when DR goes away and how to get rid of it so I said try a new character which should have no DR maybe or just keep getting no chest idk man

@Daddicus.6128 said:I'm not asking for an answer to my problem. I will get that (I hope) through support. What I want is to know if anybody else is seeing the problem.

Ok boss. I guess ask who you see in there. I can't see support having a clue what DR is but I would love to hear what they tell you. Hopefully someone who has also been camping it for 88 days and has now gone 7 with no chest sees this thread and helps you

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:I'm not asking for an answer to my problem. I will get that (I hope) through support. What I want is to know if anybody else is seeing the problem.

Ok boss. I guess ask who you see in there. I can't see support having a clue what DR is but I would love to hear what they tell you. Hopefully someone who has also been camping it for 88 days and has now gone 7 with no chest sees this thread and helps you

Even if support does know they won't be giving up details on how DR works anyway. Nobody from ANet is going to do that.

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to figure out but as far as I am aware nobody has had enough interest to actually go figure it out which would mostly involve experimenting with frequency of doing the event and the results. That is going to be a lot of tedious work for very little reward.

Support washed their hands of it and told me to post in the bug forum here. Since that's useless 100% of the time, I said it was an unacceptable response. I DID say that if it's my fault, just say so, and then they can wash their hands of it. I don't expect them to tell me any DR details other than that's what's causing it.

But, today it spawned for me. I'm still looking for anybody else who does this daily and has a glitch like this for an extended period. I know there are dozens of people who do exactly what I do every day: same character, doing WvW events between spawns of Rhendak.

I found on other daily spawns, if you don't do enough damage compared to the group there, or if you only hit the boss and expect the chest, something, besides DR doesn't seem to fire right. Try grouping if it does it again, if it works from being in a group, its a DPS issue.

Some days I solo it, other days there are people there. It's more or less random. But, you're right: I have had times when I arrived at the very end of the fight, and didn't get the spawn. That hasn't happened in this stretch, but it has occurred in the past. I wouldn't "count" that if it happened.

I got the chest again today, so it appears "fixed". It bothers me that support said they can't do anything about in-game issues, and said I should file an in-game report (which I did a half dozen times, to no effect) or to put an entry into the bugs forum (which NEVER EVER gets replied to or fixed).

I asked to involve management, because it is unacceptable to have a class of problems for which there is no available support avenue.