Power revenant needs a decent melee weapon!

frareanselm.1925

Melee is fine but we really need range. Shortbow needs a full rework.

Auto is fine as is.

Bloodbane path (2 skill) - Very buggy. I've been using it a lot to test and this skill misses completely at least 80% of the time. The concept is cool but the spaghetti code makes it useless. Change it to a dual strait shot instead of this weird buggy mess.

Sevenshot (3 skill) - the cone is so spread in close range and when shooting it far you almost never hit it because it so small. Make the cone half the size from melee and then give the tip a bigger aoe.

Spiritcrush (4 skill) - Allow this to be shot while facing any direction.

Scorchrazor (5 skill) - Make it 2 or 3 Burn stacks instead of 1 (is it me or does the knockdown not feel like 2 seconds).

Renegade Heartpiercer trait could be made more appealing as well. Bleed damage increase is nice and pierce is cool but it literally only affects autos and 3 skill (2 skill is too buggy and random angles to work).

@draxynnic.3719 said:They'd be pretty broken if they could provide all that party support and still match the DPS of the dedicated DPS builds (keeping in mind that the dedicated DPS builds are only getting such high numbers because they're receiving boons they can't provide themselves).

That's been my assessment as well. I should point out though, that to truly maximize your DPS as a Herald you have to lose several party-utility traits like Assassins Presence, Spirit Boon, and Draconic Echo (not an issue in 5-person content).

Last couple of days I keep joining Fractal groups for Recs on my Alacrigade, only to find there is already another Alacrigade in the group. Rather than switch toons, I swap to Herald, and boy what a refreshing pace it is, just swapping from Glint to Shiro. Granted I'm doing Recs (T3, T2 and T1) so it isn't like the content is much of a challenge, but it makes me wish I could just zone into T4s on my Herald as a DPS...but sadly if they already have an Alacrigade, all I really bring to the party is group swiftness, boon duration / life steal, and a nice AoE CC (which works great on Swampland / Molten Boss trash I must say lol), so I would be better off just bringing my Reaper where I can bring pulls, corrupt/strip, and likely the same level of DPS.

From the new balance patch notesSevenshot: This skill now requires a target and is no longer ground targeted. The arrows fired by this skill now fire at the selected target rather than at a set point. Increased casting time by 0.2 seconds. Arrows now fire straight at the target instead of following terrain, and additional arrows now fire sequentially in pairs rather than simultaneously.

Yeah, the change to Sevenshot does look like a significant boost. I think it'd probably still have a similar problem to skill 2 now with the additional arrows missing easily due to simple movement, but it probably won't be as bad, and certainly won't be as awkward as it is now.