Just started playing again and I'm trying to gear my Renegade

Could anyone help me with some nice beginner builds for open world? I'm planning to go with a bow and mace/axe or staff.I've checked the metabattle but those builds are pretty expensive, I don't have much gold.I'm looking for something tanky which won't die when I fight 2 mobs at the same time.

Thank you in advance!

@"Tyrick.9805" said:Could anyone help me with some nice beginner builds for open world? I'm planning to go with a bow and mace/axe or staff.I've checked the metabattle but those builds are pretty expensive, I don't have much gold.I'm looking for something tanky which won't die when I fight 2 mobs at the same time.

Thank you in advance!

Do you have Karma or any other token outside of Gold? It is possible to buy armour with Karma in Orr as an example.Checking on wiki Renegades Bow looks like it is most a condition damage weapon. Invest in attributes with condition damage and expertise (for condition duration) if possible. Trailblazer, Viper have that combination. You can farm ascended trinkets at Bloodstone Fen, if you have access to that map.

You can start with toughness, vitality and condition damage (Karma vendor- exotic) and replace armour with Trailblazer and or Viper. I would also be careful on which date those builds where put up on metabattle as there have been some patches that change how things work.

Important to understand as for duration (both boon and condition damage) that there are condition that also do soft CC like chill and there are conditions that negate some damage like Blind and weakness. When you get more duration it will also have an impact on those, so it is not only damage condition, but all that belong as a group to "condition" that will get higher uptime from more duration. Same happens with boons through Concentration as Aegis get more time for each tick, Might (boost both power damage and condition damage) and Regeneration (heals over time) just to mention some boons. Vulnerability work as a reverse form of Might where target will take more (power) damage and condition damage the more Vulnerability it have up to max 25 stack (=25 %). In Renegade trait line there is some effect that use Vulnerability so it can be something to think about if more expertise would be better or pure condition damage as attribute will be reduced with quad attribute. Duration have a trade off that way, but it also scale things when you look at the total picture (you will need a certain amount of expertise or concentration for it to make a noticeable impact on duration).

Use build editor to find out how changes will have impact on duration. Look at boon or condition after you have set up your build and when you make changes to duration how it will change duration (hover above those small icon to see time in the lower part of BE).

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZltQMsNyjpRdsMijNSkMDigJ/l/LF-zRIURUxXKNlAtVAdGBhGC2PA-e

This build is really strong in OW content. Good damage and sustain with and easy rotation. Staff is only there for the sigils, when you swap legends the sigils on the staff activates. Weapon skill 5 is a CC, 2 is not that strong, use 4 than 3 for a combo other than that just AA. Keep up F2 which is a perma x25 Might. In Kalla use Darkrazor and Icerazor, in Shiro use Impossible Odds, when you used these skills and out of energy swap legends. Rinse and repeat.

For gold, do the daily, do Tequatl, do the dragonbash dailes than sell the chests. This takes around an hour and nets 10ish gold.