[Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022) [Merged]

@len.7809 said:They have to make Guild Hall meaningful, I'm in a WvW guild with Guild Hall maxed for a while, all we do with the guild hall is recollect materials, nothing else.Before the pip system, we used to craft guild siege weapons and WvW tactics, but now, you get easily 500 tactics with 500 skirmish boxes making crafting tactics meaningless.Yeah, to be honest as Scribe I've never needed to craft anything else than decorations. They should rework Guild Banquets, PvE Banners and WvW stuff crafted by scribes to actually be meaningfull to be crafted.

You would think they would have incorporated races/strike missions/visions and such into the guild missions, but they never even included adventures or meta events or anything during Heart of Thorns.

Seems like they could at least add in a plethora of guild decorations though. It seems like outside of festivals they've just shifted to adding them as purchasable tokens from vendors instead of creating bloated scribing recipes, which is the right decision, but they don't add that many.

Also would be nice to get another guild hall option during this season, as they make something completely different from the existing ones. Some old abandoned jotun with snowy mountains and dense Redwood-esque forest would be pretty awesome. I'm already picturing the mini tree houses I could build out of Festival of the Four Winds decorations and beetle race platforms!

@Makarow.3028 said:

@len.7809 said:They have to make Guild Hall meaningful, I'm in a WvW guild with Guild Hall maxed for a while, all we do with the guild hall is recollect materials, nothing else.Before the pip system, we used to craft guild siege weapons and WvW tactics, but now, you get easily 500 tactics with 500 skirmish boxes making crafting tactics meaningless.Yeah, to be honest as Scribe I've never needed to craft anything else than decorations. They should rework Guild Banquets, PvE Banners and WvW stuff crafted by scribes to actually be meaningfull to be crafted.

I'm still using scribe because I craft every year's lucky deco, but it gets more and more dissapointing every year. It shows how less they care about guild hall year by year.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:You would think they would have incorporated races/strike missions/visions and such into the guild missions, but they never even included adventures or meta events or anything during Heart of Thorns.Well, I had just idea about monthly achievements. :P Tho new kinds of guild missions would be appreciated to be added.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Seems like they could at least add in a plethora of guild decorations though. It seems like outside of festivals they've just shifted to adding them as purchasable tokens from vendors instead of creating bloated scribing recipes, which is the right decision, but they don't add that many.I think the reason why new decorations are so limited, is 'possibility' of upgrading Scribe from Master (400) to Grand Master (500). Atm Jeweler and Scribe doesn't have Grand Master crafting unlocked yet.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Also would be nice to get another guild hall option during this season, as they make something completely different from the existing ones. Some old abandoned jotun with snowy mountains and dense Redwood-esque forest would be pretty awesome. I'm already picturing the mini tree houses I could build out of Festival of the Four Winds decorations and beetle race platforms!I agree. I'd like to see something mixed with Charr and Norn themes. So upper areas with snow and corrupted ice / dwarven ruins, some lodges; and for plains area ascalonian scenery with some ruins and ash legion recon camps, small outpost/keep with Iron/Blood and maybe Flame ritual shrine/structures somewhere. Something similar to Grothmar Valley mix with Bjora marches.

@len.7809 said:I'm still using scribe because I craft every year's lucky deco, but it gets more and more dissapointing every year. It shows how less they care about guild hall year by year.I always craft new decorations they add, just slightly improving 'visuals' of already decorated places in GH. But since I've hit decoration limit... well... hard to tell, I don't wanna destroy places which took me a while to decorate. That's why I've also suggested to raise up decoration limit from 2000 to 3000 and local from 20 to 30.

Added some minor changes on Trello boards:

• [iDEA] Ability to change Guild Name and Tag
  • Updated suggestion with rank permissions
  • Updated guild log to track spent feasts, consumables, siege etc.
  • Added idea to add Metal Legion music (instrumental) to be selectable as music in Guild Hall :)

• 2 weeks later...

Read it a while ago, and, this is one of the best posts on guild halls, the take is awsome. Most of those ideas have great ideas to add and, not fix but, make the halls an epic place! Other ideas like the change Tag and name with ease, in game would make guilds much more enjoyble to players of the game! Alot of quality of life and improvments that would be awsome to see!

@"Marcelo.4210" said:Read it a while ago, and, this is one of the best posts on guild halls, the take is awsome. Most of those ideas have great ideas to add and, not fix but, make the halls an epic place! Other ideas like the change Tag and name with ease, in game would make guilds much more enjoyble to players of the game! Alot of quality of life and improvments that would be awsome to see!

Thanks for positive comment! Glad you like my ideas. :)

To be honest I tried to make small Quality of Life changes which in general shouldn't be too hard to code (like guild hall playlist - for example client can communicate with other's client timer who was first in GH to checkup which track is atm played, so servers doesn't need to handle it if we want synchronize music).

I am thinking about making (probably separated) Trello board with "Alliances" ideas.

Changes on Trello boards:

• Added optional Monetization option on Music Console idea: Playlists slots for 250 gems.
  • Additional info about suggested Guild Name changed option (some clarifications etc.)

• 1 month later...

Recent changes on Trello boards:

Guild Hall Upgrades (https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates) :

• Edited idea with Guild Music Mixer Console (additional functionality)
  • Added infos about bugs to [Others] list

Guild Achievements ( https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress ) :

• New Achievement ideas added

• More deco's per area
  • Higher decoration cap
  • not creating a new guildhall version every time a 5th, 11th or 21th player comes in.
  • Fion decoration guy rework
  • New guildhall music (i see you've had a nice overview)
  • Any new upgrades, i don't mind.

I would love to see a guild stables, with guild mount skins.Also more npc's roaming the guildhall (maybe we can set out own path? for guards?) this would make the guildhall's more alive

And a reason for people to return to the hall. Quests, or converters for certain currencies.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:

• More deco's per area
  • Higher decoration cap
  • Fion decoration guy reworkI've already mentioned them on Trello board under "Others" tab. ^^
  • not creating a new guildhall version every time a 5th, 11th or 21th player comes in.Oh yeah, I've forgot about this one. Added to "Others" tab!
  • New guildhall music (i see you've had a nice overview)Yup, and changed it recently a bit (with monetization option).I would love to see a guild stables, with guild mount skins.Expanded Rental Contract cards on Trello for that option, and added idea for skins (glider + mounts).Also more npc's roaming the guildhall (maybe we can set out own path? for guards?) this would make the guildhall's more aliveI was thinking about this one too. It's already on my todo list, just need to figure out 'the best' idea how it would be implemented with the least cost of human resources to code. :)And a reason for people to return to the hall. Quests, or converters for certain currencies.Was thinking about using Favor for it. It's also on my todo list. Maybe something with trading between races (cultural armor and weapons discounts?) or/and fractions (for example Elonians, Cantha, Ogres, Pirates or Corsairs, Itzel or Nucoch, Orders or Pact, a lot of possibilities for implementation).

Recent changes on Trello boards:

Guild Hall Upgrades (https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates) :

• Added idea to change GH instance scalling
  • Improved description of Rental Contract ideas + new functionality (new possible skins)
  • Some minor text fixes in descriptions.

Guild Achievements ( https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress ) :

• Some minor text fixes in descriptions.

@Makarow.3028 said:

@"Cronospere.8143" said:And a reason for people to return to the hall. Quests, or converters for certain currencies.Was thinking about using Favor for it. It's also on my todo list. Maybe something with trading between races (cultural armor and weapons discounts?) or/and fractions (for example Elonians, Cantha, Ogres, Pirates or Corsairs, Itzel or Nucoch, Orders or Pact, a lot of possibilities for implementation).

You can also take materials and stuff which have are absolutely worthless (like leaf fossils). this would give those materials a boost and make it more worth again.

For example:New NPC "Field researcher Makarow", you can trade 1000 leaf fossils for a MF boost. Do this 5 days in a row and you get an achievement. Next week he wants resonating shards, next week aspergus or something.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:You can also take materials and stuff which have are absolutely worthless (like leaf fossils). this would give those materials a boost and make it more worth again. New NPC "Field researcher Makarow", you can trade 1000 leaf fossils for a MF boost.

Hmm I think ANet still wanna more or less monetize boosters, so instead would be better to "mill" them for example to:

• LWS3 Currencies
  • LWS4 Currencies
  • Tome of Knowledge (some people would love them to level up/and/or spend for guild upgrades)
  • Mystic Coins
  • Mystic Clovers
  • Charged Quartz Crystals
  • Globs of Ectoplasm
  • and so on

Limit of purchases per week (for example can spend XXX to exchange for max 3 other thingies - something like festival vendors) and of course "junk items" can rotate - so it would keep economy healthy and ANet can adjust it freely.

And about merchant, I think perfect Merchant would be a Skritt, since they like to collect junk and shinies. ;D

Do this 5 days in a row and you get an achievement. Next week he wants resonating shards, next week aspergus or something.

Could be also possible to implement it as Guild Achievement.

I will update trello board soon with it.

• 1 month later...

Recent changes:

• Additional Guild Slots (changed gems price) in Others
  • Added Crafting Stations for Workshop
  • Added new Currency for Guild Hall upgrades in Mine
  • New Decorations in Market
  • New Guild Portal option in Notary
  • Suggestion to store Banners in inventory in Guild Hall consumables (+ ability to turn basic ones to upgraded versions)

Link to Trello board with Guild & Guild Hall changes/reworks/features™:https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements (Work in Progress!):https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

@Frostfang.5109 said:

• The ability to chang the guilds name!

this. right now afaik to change a guild's name you have you go through support and they have to check if you're the leader or something.

wish they released a UI option tucked somewhere in the guild menu where, as the highest ranked guild member/leader, you pay in gold or gems (but ideally with gold) to change a guild's name.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

• The ability to chang the guilds name!

this. right now afaik to change a guild's name you have you go through support and they have to check if you're the leader or something.

wish they released a UI option tucked somewhere in the guild menu where, as the highest ranked guild member/leader, you pay in gold or gems (but ideally with gold) to change a guild's name.

Yep, I've included it on Trello board as idea in Others. Also made some restrictions to not abuse with too often Guild Name changes. :)

To be honest highest priority would be now to fix permissions for ranks (it's a mess to manage them in current state). That should be the first step to do, if they wanna introduce Alliances. Same with stored in Guild consumables/banners/siege etc. - usage should be on log (separate categories for it?).

• 3 weeks later...

Recent changes:

• Suggestion to randomize obstacle/traps placements for Race Guild Missions in Others (so people cannot cheat them with Taco)
  • Advanced Guild Portal upgrades in Notary (reworked idea and extended) Portal to Capital Cities upgrade Portal to Lion's Arch and Aerodrome upgrade Portal to Dungeons upgrade Portal to Strike Missions upgrade
  • Favor upgrades in Notary Favor Weekly Cap upgrades (2500 and 3000) Favor Capacity upgrades (8000 and 10000)
  • Ley-Line Magic Extractor upgrades in Mine** Added visuals about Charged-Ley Line Magic on Trello board for better explaination how it works

Link to Trello board with Guild & Guild Hall changes/reworks/features™:https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements (Work in Progress!):https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

@"lokh.2695" said:You put a lot of effort into this. But guilds will never be a thing in GUILDwars2. The have proven to be hard to monetize and some people feel excluded when they can't play this MMO as a single player game.

I'd not agree with Guild Hall being hard to monetize. I already found 5 ways (two first are on trello boards), examples:

• Additional Guild Slots (400 gems per each, 1600 per 5), so you can have more than 5 - roleplayers will buy them with "take my money" meme style. People who plays PvX aswell, since they often have guild per each gamemode (or two, or even more). It would be also easy to navigate since we have already /g1 ... /g5, so it would be /g6 ... /g0, then can be like /g11 and so on.
  • Music Console in Guild Hall (you can read more about idea on Trello board). In short, monetization would be additional playlists to play (so people would be able to store holiday playlists, for moods, events etc.
  • Exclusive Decorations (for example quality like Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra) - it would be interactable and do some cool stuff. Imagine Dance Dance Revolution mat (800 gems), or maybe kind of Metal Legion Stage with playable instruments on it. It would be costly(2400 gems?) but at the same time cool. And for example they'd have included minigames - like doing dancing moves or to play notes as song goes. I think a lot of people would buy them, if they would have nice functionality for social purposes. And it wouldn't kill gemstore instruments, since they would be still bound to Guild Hall.
  • Additional Guild Stash tabs (since tab grant 100 slots, could be for example worthy 1600 gems).
  • Additional Gathering Nodes (LWS currencies? Hunter Contracts? 600 gems per node).

Remember, Guild Hall is huge money sink anyway. If people spend gold on upgrades, it's more likely they will buy gems then for gemstore stuff. Plus, it regulates more or less game economy too.

About excluded people, there will be always group like this. Excluded because they don't play pvp (and how PvPers can have their exclusive rewards, outrageous), don't play WvW(give us new content! oh no, desert borderland sucks, don't give us new content anymore), don't do Raids... and so on. After all, it's MMO and RPG game. There is plenty of single player games for them on market if they want to be anti-social and probably "better" than GW2, if they look for singleplayer content with lore and visuals and all. Guild Wars 2 actually should offer more to guilds - that's why I kinda tried to make Guild Hall meaningful a bit with my ideas (and still be balanced and not excluding much these single player guys you mentioned) - to give some perks for guildies and social activities. Guild Wars 2 lacks of social stuff (when How to Dance vol.1 was relased? hm?) - people plays MMOs mainly to have fun with others to be honest.

Since Arena.net teases about "Alliances"(soon.TM) it would be nice to have at least some stuff I've mentioned on Trello board (under category "Others") sorted, updated and fixed. Because priviliges for members are mess and hard to manage, log doesn't store some crucial informations, and more is lacking some important stuff.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:First thing on the list should be "Composing a team to actively work on guilds"I guess ANet can manage something? ;)Well, since the Guild team disbanded a few years ago, I wouldn't wait around.It's worse than that. There never was a guild team. All guild stuff was done by devs from other teams, as an one-off project assignments.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:It's worse than that. There never was a guild team. All guild stuff was done by devs from other teams, as an one-off project assignments.

Afaik they had assigned team for it, but still, 70% of my ideas could be developed over the "legacy code". That means, most of features have already implementation (or strong basis over already working code on production), just needs some copy-paste as a "new feature" and some modifications (mini merchants, decoration merchants, node upgrades... literally you can use systems for existing ones, just replace data for new offered items/upgrades). Other 10% is easy level job to do (that music player for example, the only challenge would be to synchronize it with other players, but there are many options and ways how to do it). Rest is either new stuff, or requires changes in legacy code to change functionality (example: rank permissions which I mentioned so often in this topic, they're mess and need to have split some checkboxes to precise access for guild members + new log options).

• 2 weeks later...

Recent changes:

• Monetized new Guild Bank Tabs (MARKET category)
  • Suggestion for Food/Utility Consumables - they should show on preview in Guild Panel what stats/effects are granted on usage in (OTHERS category)
  • Suggestion to add missing Guild Siege Weapon Services for Favor (OTHER category)

Pls have training bots in Guild hall

Pls have Megaserver information on Guilds, as it is essential for players to know where they reside before joining a Guild. (NA/EU/OC)

More exclusive outfits to the Guild hall.

Why is Guild weaponary missing Great sword and Single handed sword??