Asura

De Bourgogne.9642

Pretty much every Asura we meet in the game considers themselves genius while every other Asura is stupid. Now compared to humans in real world. Smart people tend to have respect and admiration for other smart people while stupid people that argue on reddit consider themselves genius and everyone else is stupid. So how can Asuran society even function if they all think like stupid redditors?

Because they have respect and admiration for other people's work.

They consider everyone else as so unintelligent that they're not worth the time to interact with. However, when someone else pulls out a new invention, discovery or proof then they tolerate their stupidity in order to see if the happen to get "lucky enough" to stumble onto something else that's interesting.

This is reinforced by their society revolving around their schooling, whereby from a young age they're pushed towards trying to make a name for themselves by doing something notable.

Of course, there's the benefit of if other people are not actively detrimental to their work, they can be useful to have around. One never does know when they might need additional test subjects.

I would disagree that "every asura" or even "most asura" think the other asura are stupid. Maybe "less of a genius" than themselves, but not stupid. And even then, it's usually restricted to the asura they personally know and have arguments with or are in competition with, or those they simply disagree with in a non-argumentive way (e.g., when Gorr proposed his dragons-eat-magic theory - which is actually very reflective of our own scientific community, especially pre-20th century) - in that the go-to insult for asura is to call others "not a genius".

Very few asura argue against Zojja, Snaff, or Taimi being a genius, for example.

@"Taril.8619" said:Because they have respect and admiration for other people's work.

They consider everyone else as so unintelligent that they're not worth the time to interact with. However, when someone else pulls out a new invention, discovery or proof then they tolerate their stupidity in order to see if the happen to get "lucky enough" to stumble onto something else that's interesting.I'm sorry, your new invention? I cant hear what you are gurgling on the floor while I leave with my new invention.