Looking Ahead to Summer Days and Nights

Well its better than a stick in the eye.Out of all these things I am glad to see fractals getting some love. Hope we see another raid wing at some point too.I remember talks of a Festival for WvW and PvPers. I Would like to see that happen at some point along with alliances. I guess I'll just keep on waiting.

Well they did say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...", so I'm going to speculate that it's something to do with the Jackal, since it's the only dog-like mount.

Though, I hope it is only cosmetic as that would upset a lot of people if our 8th Anniversary gift gave us an advantage over others with the new mount skill. I could just see the forums raging now if the skill gives us an advantage, with everyone complaining that they are not 8 years old yet and it is unfair.

@"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:Well they did say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...", so I'm going to speculate that it's something to do with the Jackal, since it's the only dog-like mount.

Though, I hope it is only cosmetic as that would upset a lot of people if our 8th Anniversary gift gave us an advantage over others with the new mount skill. I could just see the forums raging now if the skill gives us an advantage, with everyone complaining that they are not 8 years old yet and it is unfair.

Could be, although the picture shows a skimmer which if not a red herring could indicate a skimmer related skill

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Thanks for the comms. 1 new fractal is a bit disappointing given how long it has been, but it's better than nothing

Aside from the initial release of the fractal game mode, have they ever dropped more than 1 at once?

Hopefully there is more to do besides just adding the new fractal. More legendaries to craft / new achievments to do.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Thanks for the comms. 1 new fractal is a bit disappointing given how long it has been, but it's better than nothing

Aside from the initial release of the fractal game mode, have they ever dropped more than 1 at once?

Hopefully there is more to do besides just adding the new fractal. More legendaries to craft / new achievments to do.

There's other points on the roadmap. If you mean specifically with the fractal, I wouldn't be surprised to see achievements for it

@Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:No doubt the Skimmer is going to be able to go underwater! Whoo-hooo! I'm going to dive right into Straits of Devastation, Bloodtide Coast, Kessix Hills, Frostgorge Sound, Mount Maelstrom, and Sandswept Isles for this ability - can't wait!

I wonder how that will interact with how sharks randomly come at the player mounted on skimmers in Sandswept Isles.

I am excited to see the trailer next week. Thanks for the roadmap, much appreciated.

A note: Early Access 8th birthdayers, don't wait for Aug 25 as the announcement claims to check your mailbox. Unless they've tweaked it somehow, it just goes a flat 365 days per year, and we've had at least 2 leap years advancing things since launch. So by now it's more like Aug 23 or even 22 when the gifts start arriving. You should have them on your 2.920th day of your character's existence.