So ANet will fix downstate next?

Melian.5368

Now that the warclaw stomp is gone (only doing damage to 1 target and not finishing is pretty underwhelming), will ANet finally fix the utterly broken downstate mechanic next? How does it make sense that a dying person trying to cling to life on the ground has more life than when he was up and well? The maximum sustain guild groups are impossible to pick off 1 by 1 now, they get insta-rezzed and pugs can't mount finish them anymore. I say reduce the health of downstate by 50% and reduce the cooldown of downstate skills by an appropriate amount too, or maybe completely remove the countdown of the "strong" downstate skill on all classes (except warrior maybe). Well, do something. The way it is, is just ridiculous.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they need to reduce downstate health by some amount. 50% may be a bit too high at first. They reduced damage across the board, yet down states kept their super high HP pool, so it's harder to cleave now than it ever has been.

@Counter Terrorist.7421 said:Just remove down state already. It's been close to 8 years and it's still not a good or fun mechanic. Now that warclaw is not supposed to stomp anything you might as well get rid of it in the wet noodle meta.

Power damage still too high. I keep getting one shot with full trailblazers when roaming and minstrels when zerging. Kind of rediculous when I am dying in under 5 seconds in an mmo.

Remove res utilities and any rune/trait that helps you res faster. If still an issue, remove the ability to elixir s -> res and mist form - > res.

If still an issue, nerf downed state in WvW.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Counter Terrorist.7421 said:Just remove down state already. It's been close to 8 years and it's still not a good or fun mechanic. Now that warclaw is not supposed to stomp anything you might as well get rid of it in the wet noodle meta.

Power damage still too high. I keep getting one shot with full trailblazers when roaming and minstrels when zerging. Kind of rediculous when I am dying in under 5 seconds in an mmo.

Issue is sigils that crit for 4k, overpowered sigils in general, overpowered runes, ascended gear stats, and utility + food. WvW needs to get the PvP amulet treatment.

@Justine.6351 Haha well if that is you're experience. I am sorry there's nothing I can do to help you. You have one opinion and you're entitled to it. I cannot agree with you, but it would not surprise me if there is others that agrees with you. However I have a strong feeling you belong to a minority when it comes to this issue, as power stat doesn't really have a good reputation among the roamers any more. As far as I am concern everyone shall be entitled to their opinion. The weather is fine the sun is shinning it's a beautiful day to be alive. Have a nice day.

@Counter Terrorist.7421 said:@Justine.6351 Haha well if that is you're experience. I am sorry there's nothing I can do to help you. You have one opinion and you're entitled to it. I cannot agree with you, but it would not surprise me if there is others that agrees with you. However I have a strong feeling you belong to a minority when it comes to this issue, as power stat doesn't really have a good reputation among the roamers any more. As far as I am concern everyone shall be entitled to their opinion. The weather is fine the sun is shinning it's a beautiful day to be alive. Have a nice day.

awe why couldn't you be more mean, its hard to troll if you don't ;-(

@Justine.6351 said:

@Counter Terrorist.7421 said:@Justine.6351 Haha well if that is you're experience. I am sorry there's nothing I can do to help you. You have one opinion and you're entitled to it. I cannot agree with you, but it would not surprise me if there is others that agrees with you. However I have a strong feeling you belong to a minority when it comes to this issue, as power stat doesn't really have a good reputation among the roamers any more. As far as I am concern everyone shall be entitled to their opinion. The weather is fine the sun is shinning it's a beautiful day to be alive. Have a nice day.

awe why couldn't you be more mean, its hard to troll if you don't ;-(

It's always wrong to be mean. Always be kind to one another, in the long run it benefits everyone. :D

@Gynok.1756 said:Please remove downed state from all pvp formats. The downed state is a pve feature and has always been a nuisance in all pvp formats.

I think the issue on downstate is the rez and how players get back up, rally should be a trait or skill effect if u die in the next x seconds, besides that it should be removed.

I really think the rally mechanic is stupid while downstate isn't per se.Rally ist mostly random and with bad luck you end up dead in the same second. Rally should give you a 0,5s immunity so you might have the chance for a dodge.Downstate should be reworked and stomps while being invisible or immune to cc shouldn't be a thing. Especially not gimmicks like gyro which is even worse than a mount stomp by a large margin.

@"Gynok.1756" said:The downed state is a pve feature and has always been a nuisance in all pvp formats.

Not really, it was a feature for an MMORPG that did not have actual healers and with obnoxious low skill damage application (this game carries its players by aiming for them in a supposed "action" combat game).

In PvP it actually raised the relatively low skill cap of the combat in this game by adding extra teamwork, decision making, awareness, etc, which is why the handful of PvP teams that were actually good in this game tended to manage downstate better than the other PvP teams, it favours better players.

Beyond that for PvP it was there for their "e-sports" as it created moments of excitement / drama when someone was downed in a teamfight, though on the other hand it was normally a dull mechanic when it came to a 1v1 on a side node. In fact it became something of a meme, in that the GW2 combat was such a dull spammy mess to watch / commentate on that at times it seemed the only drama in a match or real calls the casters made were in relation to downstate.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:But noooooooo... most people just want to ruin everything that makes GW2 unique, everything that made us love GW2 combat with their ErMaGErD dOwNeDstATe OP OnLY nOoBs WaNt It DELEEEEETE!! This thread will be filled with it soon enough.

Good luck convincing ANET developers that a mechanic that has been in WvW and sPvP coming up on 8 years "ruins" the game. I don't personally care if they do remove it, as the amount of times I get rallied on any given day can be counted on 1 finger. But if you're logging into WvW or PvP day after day, year after year, you can't convince me that downed state is ruining the game - you just don't like it. Well, sorry to tell you, nobody is interested in what you don't like, or what I don't like for that matter.

You want downed state gone. I'd love stealth to be gone (amongst other things) But every time we log in to WvW or sPvP, we tacitly check off the box that says "I accept that there are things here I don't like, but I enjoy myself anyways".

There have been plenty of good suggestions to balance downstate. Reducing the revive speed, reducing the health you start with then downed. I think most of us have accepted downstate is here to stay. But that being said downstate is one of the biggest imbalances in WvW at the moment. At this point I'd be happy with any attempt to bring it into check.

I think the downstate is a great mechanic overall, in PvE it's perfectly fine and a great addition to the game but yes in WvW especially it's got a lot of issues. It's just too easy for a blob to quickly res anyone who goes down, I like the suggestion of reducing the downstate health pool every time you go down within a certain timeframe.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:But noooooooo... most people just want to
ruin
everything that makes GW2 unique, everything that made us love GW2 combat with their ErMaGErD dOwNeDstATe OP OnLY nOoBs WaNt It DELEEEEETE!! This thread will be filled with it soon enough.

Good luck convincing ANET developers that a mechanic that has been in WvW and sPvP coming up on 8 years "ruins" the game. I don't personally care if they do remove it, as the amount of times I get rallied on any given day can be counted on 1 finger. But if you're logging into WvW or PvP day after day, year after year, you can't convince me that downed state is ruining the game - you just don't like it. Well, sorry to tell you, nobody is interested in what you don't like, or what I don't like for that matter.

You want downed state gone. I'd love stealth to be gone (amongst other things) But every time we log in to WvW or sPvP, we tacitly check off the box that says "I accept that there are things here I don't like, but I enjoy myself anyways".Not sure if I'm you here or if you're talking to everybody else while seemingly responding to a quote that doesnt question what you answered.