Welcome to condi bunker meta!

@Strider.7849 said:I wouldn't say it's a condi bunker meta just yet. I haven't had a lot of time to play due to work right now but I'll have more on the weekend. In my few hours of roaming I did encounter a lot of burn guards, but it was a healthy mix of power/condi engagements - found most of the condi players I fought to be burn guards, condi revenants, scourge, or condi mesmers. With the lowered damage I swapped from marauder to zerker and upped my condi removal and have done fine against all the above. The hardest of that I found to be one condi rev, very high pressure and the sustain was incredible too. I'd imagine it was some sort of mix of condition/toughness/healing power with just enough boon duration/expertise.

Agree. Have some of all the various builds and it's not a one size fits all even with those that were condi bunkers before. There's a lot of play testing to go. Was expecting bunkers to be even more bunkery (yeah know it's not a word) after patch but that's not turning out as much as expected.

@Strider.7849 said:I wouldn't say it's a condi bunker meta just yet. I haven't had a lot of time to play due to work right now but I'll have more on the weekend. In my few hours of roaming I did encounter a lot of burn guards, but it was a healthy mix of power/condi engagements - found most of the condi players I fought to be burn guards, condi revenants, scourge, or condi mesmers. With the lowered damage I swapped from marauder to zerker and upped my condi removal and have done fine against all the above. The hardest of that I found to be one condi rev, very high pressure and the sustain was incredible too. I'd imagine it was some sort of mix of condition/toughness/healing power with just enough boon duration/expertise.IE its the exact same meta as before, with the same OP condi builds. What a surprise. Never seen that before in any patch.

• 4 months later...

@schloumou.3982 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Nah it's because of low investment. If there was a sigil that basically counters all but two or three powerbuilds everybody would run it. You can save your time learning a lot of skill animations and effects this way.

We're not talking PvP, but WvW here. How exactly are you gonna distinguish these skill animations and effects on a 50 man zerg? (hell, even a 20 man guild group)?

I don't know where you people claiming you see more power builds are playing. Condi's, Condi's everywhere. Power is more than viable. But come on. Who would run power rev for its effectiveness alone when you could run condi rev and immediately become far more effective. Pretty much apply this to any class at the moment. Thief, ranger, mesmer, gaurd, necro etc. Every single class has some varient of condi class that is simply so much more powerful than its power varient.

I loved the last patch, ohk meta was the worst. As I've said before at least condi builds let you press buttons before killing you. But this was the patch to fix the growing problem of condi/sustain builds starting to run rampant.

But instead of doing that we buffed necros. Because apparently 50% of the player base already running necro's wasn't enough.

Seriously though, if you think your power build is better than condi, just google your class + condi build and make it. You will suddenly discover just how good at this game you really are.

@Doug.4930 said:I don't know where you people claiming you see more power builds are playing. Condi's, Condi's everywhere. Power is more than viable. But come on. Who would run power rev for its effectiveness alone when you could run condi rev and immediately become far more effective. Pretty much apply this to any class at the moment. Thief, ranger, mesmer, gaurd, necro etc. Every single class has some varient of condi class that is simply so much more powerful than its power varient.

I loved the last patch, ohk meta was the worst. As I've said before at least condi builds let you press buttons before killing you. But this was the patch to fix the growing problem of condi/sustain builds starting to run rampant.

But instead of doing that we buffed necros. Because apparently 50% of the player base already running necro's wasn't enough.

Seriously though, if you think your power build is better than condi, just google your class + condi build and make it. You will suddenly discover just how good at this game you really are.

On larger gameplay, power hammer rev is way more effective over condi, just because hammer 5 lost its damage its not the end of mists.... i still get 8k on mine some players state over 10k hits.

the issue that i'm seeing with Blood Magic right now is you hurt your dps if you're a power player. Condi you can pull it off (swap out SR or BM), but with the 'meta' builds in power, you'll have to lose either Spite or Curses. Both have their positives and negatives. That's why I see Blood Bank not getting a significant change. It's really good, but you give up a lot to get it.

I think we need a couple weeks to let the meta mature some and see what changes are made before we go saying you need to run XYZ. Hell I played full Apothecary support last night because we were so short on support classes and I was able to help keep my guys up and contributed a lot to condi clears. Of course damage was low and strips were low, but there's a trade off that you have to make.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Mil.3562 said:So... I have a condi Scourge PVE build, should I remain as Condi but with a WvW build or change her to Power build?

Wait some more weeks to see where meta is actually gona shift, most probably celestial scourges(?) with blood bank for perma self barrier while in fight.

So I think what Aeolus is saying is stay condi until the meta shakes out then tweak accordingly.

@Counter Terrorist.7421 said:So it's been awhile since I made this post. Hows that 11,805 worldly impact and 12,047 maul, working out for ya today?

@XenesisII.1540 said:hmm 11,805 worldly impact and 12,047 maul, why wouldn't I want to run condi bunker XD

Nice necro? Hi? I don't know? I don't run soulbeast? I haven't been hit with either since as I avoid melee hits with gs rangers? I run condi bunker burn guard and condi bunker immob druid?

Those numbers I posted were exact numbers from hits from one soulbeast after the patch (not me hitting for that much on a condi bunker soulbeast... hence why wouldn't I run bunker to lower the damage...), it was an actual died in combat and immediately posted to the forums on my second monitor situation!

@Doug.4930 said:I don't know where you people claiming you see more power builds are playing. Condi's, Condi's everywhere. Power is more than viable. But come on. Who would run power rev for its effectiveness alone when you could run condi rev and immediately become far more effective. Pretty much apply this to any class at the moment. Thief, ranger, mesmer, gaurd, necro etc. Every single class has some varient of condi class that is simply so much more powerful than its power varient.

In blob fighting you stack up condis while doing power based damage, but until the enemy blob's support loop is overwhelmed, the condis don't really do much.

They are continually being converted into boons by scrappers. In high pressure scenarios (i.e. where you get condi bombed), the tick damage is negated by resistance until they expire or cleansing field/fumigate/purge gyro comes off cooldown.

Don't get me wrong though, if you are in a blob that is lacking scrappers and firebrands and you get condi bombed, then you are going to get deleted. But most squads I see already know this and do run lots of firebrands and scrappers. The ones that don't get one pushed a bunch of times, morale collapses and everyone leaves, so they don't exist for very long.

Power damage is quite hard to negate compared to condi. Its instantaneous, not a damage over time effect and is harder to react to. In terms of counterplay, there is no blanket immunity to power damage unless you count block strings but these are self only and not shareable to 5 allies. Aegis is shareable to 5 allies but must be reapplied every time someone gets hit. But in blob fighting you cant tell who gets hit and when because theres so much visual noise.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mil.3562 said:So... I have a condi Scourge PVE build, should I remain as Condi but with a WvW build or change her to Power build?

Wait some more weeks to see where meta is actually gona shift, most probably celestial scourges(?) with blood bank for perma self barrier while in fight.

So I think what Aeolus is saying is stay condi until the meta shakes out then tweak accordingly.

Ok. Guess I'll wait and see. But if the dps is not much different, I am more towards not changing my Condi build. It is so much tankier and I can switch back to Reaper MM for pve without having to change gear stats again. Thank you both.