Only play Necros after the patch

Melian.5368

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Another thing we should ask for is buffs to rangers to counter the increase to Necros. I think a 50% damage gain should account for the double red rings. Make it happen. (And yes I play both classes)

Excuse me buddy, but mirage are first in line for buffs ok, you get back behind that 1500 line.

That's a great point. So about that boost to 2250.....????? Where are we at?

@LucianDK.8615 said:People sure is making mountains from molehills with just one extra application of shade effects. Was quite unfun to play scourge without.

Well there's still the change of number of targets from 5 to 3 for F1 and F2, which nobody knows about because it isn't in the patch notes (yet?)Might not look like a big deal, but it's just another downside people tend to ignore.

@realviizz.4982 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:People sure is making mountains from molehills with just one extra application of shade effects. Was quite unfun to play scourge without.

Well there's still the change of number of targets from 5 to 3 for F1 and F2, which nobody knows about because it isn't in the patch notes (yet?)Might not look like a big deal, but it's just another downside people tend to ignore.

Might just be a bugged tooltip saying 3, as it still hits 5 ingame.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Might just be a bugged tooltip saying 3, as it still hits 5 ingame.

Gotta trust your testing there, haven't actually tested it myself. I do hope so. Would be weird to have 0 mention in the patch notes, but wouldn't have been the first time they forgot to mention things.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:Another thing we should ask for is buffs to rangers to counter the increase to Necros. I think a 50% damage gain should account for the double red rings. Make it happen. (And yes I play both classes)

Sounds fair. Thief seems to be set to be the hard counter to mesmer, so ranger can be the hard counter to necro.

well thats kinda easy to fix, make thenextclasson guardian the Avenger or something using holy fire back from gw1 xDThere was a necromancer armor that actually would make it take more damage from some smithing prayer skills :)

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Holy_damage

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:for the most time not afaik @Dami.5046

the point is, acutally scrouge was top-dps THE WHOLE TIME, unless the players done a bad job. which happens quite often in opentags but that's nothing why a nerf would need to be reverted.

only thing getting close was hammer revs' spikes if well played. (talking about groupbattles, only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])

Huh, the groups I was in must have been bad because I was getting top dps on Flamethrower Scrapper a lot.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Another thing we should ask for is buffs to rangers to counter the increase to Necros. I think a 50% damage gain should account for the double red rings. Make it happen. (And yes I play both classes)

Excuse me buddy, but mirage are first in line for buffs ok, you get back behind that 1500 line.

That's a great point. So about that boost to 2250.....????? Where are we at?

Go to 3rd floor smc and shoot down at enemies on the ground, it can reach that far it's just the numbers aren't reported past 1800 range!

@Faenar.8036 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])ArenaNet know the meaning of the word "ballance". But they dont have a clue, how to actually achieve it.

In the entire GW2 history, ArenaNet does not listen to playerbase suggestions, they simply picking random statements from random youtubers thinking "If that youtuber have that many followers, then must be godlike-level expert in the game, so lets pick one of his statements, nerf everything he want to be nerfed, and by just doing this, we will immediatelly and completelly succesfully solve the entire problem." - No ArenaNet, it simply does not work that way.

On-topic:Playing necro as one of my two main chars anyway, just tell me where and when we will gather. Or would it be game-wide event? Everyone everywhere everytime, just only necros? Can do that too, no problem on my side.

I think the opposite happened. They listened to random people from the community that have no clue what the game needs to be balanced. They should just listen to content creators that specialize in w/e mode and have a greater understanding of whats needed in fixing/balancing it. Instead they listen to a community that has no clue what it wants and is all over the place with ideas (mostly bad).

@Xervite.5493 said:Yes lets balance a class around one game mode. That seems right.

I'm saying ANET should listen to wvw content creators to balance wvw, listen to pve content creators for whats needed in pve, and same thing for pvp....each mode needs to be treated completely separate form the others. The community itself has no clue and listening to what all the casuals want derailed things. Also ANET's reluctance to balance each mode separately for the longest time was a recipe for disaster.

@"Stazee.6749" there's maybe a problem too; if u try to balance Wvw like sPvp, it gets the kinda of useless changes we are getting the whole time.

i'd personally not know any "content creator" who'd do that. idk what u define as "the community" - for me that's only people who play in organized guildgroups really. gw2mists and in earlier years vabbi.eu for example been good info spots about meta. every potato should be able to read and interprete that, and furthermore get a clue where changes might suit.