Master of the Mountain .. Fractal

So finally a new fractal is incoming! When I first read it would be about a mountain I thought maybe journeying beneath one, but they said something about mountain climbing boots so I assume it will be more like Cliffside, continually going higher and higher. Any guesses where or when this might be, or what it's about?

Mmmm, I was thinking on after deeps of deldrimor or maybe Elona Mountains something after defeat Amala, but with the titan on freedom what is the point on going up? And already have chaos, same map different side, but a thing I'm really sure is I'm exited :) finally after years :D

@"Fenom.9457" said:So finally a new fractal is incoming! When I first read it would be about a mountain I thought maybe journeying beneath one, but they said something about mountain climbing boots so I assume it will be more like Cliffside, continually going higher and higher. Any guesses where or when this might be, or what it's about?

My bet is on Asgeir Dragonrender's story. The boss could be Frostfang. If we don't get this as a fractal, we'll probably get it as a Vision of the Past anyway.

@Jose.7431 said:Mmmm, I was thinking on after deeps of deldrimor or maybe Elona Mountains something after defeat Amala, but with the titan on freedom what is the point on going up? And already have chaos, same map different side, but a thing I'm really sure is I'm exited :) finally after years :D

Don't think it will be a dwarven fractal, we already got Deepstone after all. We could get a new open world dwarven zone though, there's potential for that.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Brandon Uzumaki.1524" said:And it will have a CM, so expect a very hard Fractal at launch even on it's normal version, but i hope it's Shatered Observatory/Nightmare levels of hard, not annoying like Siren's Reef and Deepstone for example hehe.

They didn’t say it will have a CM. Though I wouldn’t be surprised

It was said by Andrew Gray back in february - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97028/a-message-from-andrew-gray/p1Hope they didn't forget about it.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Lonami.2987" said:My bet is on
story. The boss could be
. If we don't get this as a fractal, we'll probably get it as a Vision of the Past anyway.

Watch his story become a raid that next to noone will play.Just like they did with Saul D'Alessio.

Don't think you have to worry about that, seeing as raids are pretty much no longer in development anymore.

@Inari Kamihara.6908 said:

story. The boss could be
. If we don't get this as a fractal, we'll probably get it as a Vision of the Past anyway.

Watch his story become a raid that next to noone will play.Just like they did with Saul D'Alessio.

Don't think you have to worry about that, seeing as raids are pretty much no longer in development anymore.

Given the most recent quote, it does seem no raids are in active development for the time being. Hence I'd expect the Frostfang battle to be a vision of the past. Possibly a fractal, but it fits with the theme of the visions

@Fueki.4753 said:

story. The boss could be

More people on efficiency completed raid w4 than the recent story episode. I know that you hate every form of challenging content since you are not even a fan of t4 fractals and rather stick to t3 but not everyone feels that way.I just hope the endboss isnt going to teleport around every 2sec like all the other new bosses. Damage needs to be avoidable with skill aswell. "Heal through everything" should not work at all but it became design direction for last releases.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

story. The boss could be

More people on efficiency completed raid w4 than the recent story episode. I know that you hate every form of challenging content since you are not even a fan of t4 fractals and rather stick to t3 but not everyone feels that way.I just hope the endboss isnt going to teleport around every 2sec like all the other new bosses. Damage needs to be avoidable with skill aswell. "Heal through everything" should not work at all but it became design direction for last releases.

Although to be fair it’s over 3 years old and many people are waiting for voice acting in the new episode. Curious how it compares to bloodstone fen or ember bay