What would you expect/hope for in a possible GW3 lorewise?

Cynder.2509

I'd like technology to be more advanced. Not cyberpunk/super futuristic, but less of the current medieval/futuristic mix that we have now, and generally more mechanical in nature. It's not that I want the more magical/mystical elements to disappear, but it would be interesting to see that element progress alongside a general shift forward in mechanical technology.

As for the setting itself, I wouldn't mind seeing it cover pretty much the same map we have now. Of course, I'd like for there to be significant changes to it, and for there to be references to the old cities/architecture that's been built over/around by the new stuff.

I'd love to see more races. there have been some good steps with charr and asura, but I'm still seeing overwhelming amounts of humans and their variations in GW2. Oh, and I would demand GW3 to be built on the latest engine at that time. the optimization is so bad in GW2 that most players got used to the stutters at this point.

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:I remember hearing that the devs were going to make gw2 originally deal with angels and demons instead of elder dragons. Which always makes me think monotheism, have a high creator and lesser powered beings battling it out. Perhaps the story is slowly leading to something like that.

You can have beings that are effectively angels and demons without being part of a monotheistic structure. Diablo is a good example - there was a trio of divine beings, but the good and evil beings broke up into angels and demons respectively.

We've had plenty of demons in Guild Wars without there being any indication of there being a monotheistic system, and we also have all those statues of angel-like beings in the Hall of Heroes, the Hall of Ascension, and other places associated with the gods. There's also that Elonian legend about harpies being fallen servants of Dwayna, and Terrorweb Dryders at least were being described as 'demons' in the Underworld. We've had angels and demons in Guild Wars right back to Prophecies, and nothing to indicate that there's a single creator god.

In fact, the creation story seems to be that the Mists generate spontaneous acts of creation without any form of sentient direction.