Scourge nerf was needed and is great for the zerg scene

Alec B.8905

Having scourge as the only DPS option should never be a thing and bringing it to par with other DPS classes will allow players to choose different classes to deal damage. We can see reapers in the mix, eles possibly, more revs, even berserker variants. Scourge was too powerful and played the DPS role too well where it outshines every other viable option which is toxic to the game mode.This was a great decision on arena nets side!i am looking forward to the newly created meta!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue where these threads are coming from calling scourge the best or even the only dps option. Even before the patch scourges got very easily outdps'd by any revenant or weaver who has any clue how to play, or power core guard or even post nerf bomb scrapper. There were a lot of scourges in wvw but not because they are the top dps class

@Linnar.6032 said:I have no clue where these threads are coming from calling scourge the best or even the only dps option. Even before the patch scourges got very easily outdps'd by any revenant or weaver who has any clue how to play, or power core guard or even post nerf bomb scrapper. There were a lot of scourges in wvw but not because they are the top dps class

People living in the past, people playing with some very mediocre DPS players, or people who are just plain clueless is my guess. Scourge was pretty much the definition of average DPS since February. The only real reason they were still so widely-used was because you need a certain amount of coordinated boon strip or boon corrupt to even crack a well-comped group.

@Linnar.6032 said:I have no clue where these threads are coming from calling scourge the best or even the only dps option. Even before the patch scourges got very easily outdps'd by any revenant or weaver who has any clue how to play, or power core guard or even post nerf bomb scrapper. There were a lot of scourges in wvw but not because they are the top dps class

Ele and Rev need Berserker Gear for the big numbers and need a big meatshield(many scourges) around them to do that.

Thats why you never see 20 Firebrand + 30Rev/Weaver.

That doesnt work.

Cut the lies.......

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34293/the-most-faceroll-easy-class-for-a-wvw-noob

Drop this self-sacrifice for the sake of the community facade...scourge..necro in general is popular because it's faceroll easy to get results with , you can turn it however you want, in the end any new player can jump in wvw on a necro and from scratch..that player will most likely enjoy his first time

Necro players make it sounds like any Timmy can jump on ele with zero experience and meteor storm his way to victory , stop acting like you necros are in any position to lecture any ele player out there

@Linnar.6032 said:I have no clue where these threads are coming from calling scourge the best or even the only dps option. Even before the patch scourges got~~ very easily~~ outdps'd by any revenant or weaver who has any clue how to play, or power core guard or even post nerf bomb scrapper. There were a lot of scourges in wvw but not because they are the top dps class

ftfy

you got some dps atleast. we mesmer players have to wait til the big zerg splits up before we got a chance to deal dmg. We pretty much are just the utility guys following around like sentries, but unable to attack the enemy zerg, because of the long range. The buff on stuff ambush will hardly change anything. even thief and warrior might have a better time dealing dmg, because of their 1500 range.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Cut the lies.......

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34293/the-most-faceroll-easy-class-for-a-wvw-noob

Drop this self-sacrifice for the sake of the community facade...scourge..necro in general is popular because it's faceroll easy to get results with , you can turn it however you want, in the end any new player can jump in wvw on a necro and from scratch..that player will most likely enjoy his first time

Necro players make it sounds like any Timmy can jump on ele with zero experience and meteor storm his way to victory , stop acting like you necros are in any position to lecture any ele player out there

That's not entirely true. It's not like the skill floor between let's say a Necro, an Ele and a Rev is that wildly different. They can all be pretty useful classes and can maintain a basic role within a squad by simply timing a couple of buttons reasonably well. Instead, the key here is the role. Necros were not behind Eles and Revs in damage enough to let those other classes have those damage roles, while the Necros had multiple other roles ontop of that: as a ripper, as a debuffer etc. If you bring the whole buffet to the table you become very spammable. That has been the issue more than everything else.

This is extra interesting when it comes to the Scourge because it was never conceptually designed to be a damage spec. It was designed to be a rip- and support spec. It was just an oversight by Anet to not identify that most of the damage abilities on Necro comes from its core abilities so Scourge ended up being a better damage dealer than core Necro for example.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:What's next.1) Nerfs for support classes: Firebrand, Scrapper, Tempest.2) Nerfs for roaming classes: Rev, Thief, Ranger

I expect impactful nerfs like the Scourge nerf. Make it so.

firebrand is the only reliable class to give party stab and stun break consistently. the last thing they should do is nerf firebrand stab. alternatively their could buff any other class to share party wide stab consistently. this would indirectly "nerf" firebrand.

scrapper just need to a nerf to Purity of Purpose. that trait alone pumps too many boons. Maybe making it an ICD of like 2-3 seconds PER TARGET NOT GLOBAL would make it more reason able. even 2 seconds ICD per target would reduce scrapper boon output but nearly 50%... and 3 seconds by nearly 66%. Also mortar kit + alturism rune synergy needs to be looked at.

tempest was already hard nerfed when they lower water overload target cap from 10 to 5 effectively taking away 1 extra condi clear per second. and a lot of healing.At the moment tempest is only viable as an auxiliary support and is by no means a good replacement for scrapper.

idk about roaming. but for ranger they should really tune down how much immob that class can spam. Tempest immob trait got nerfed from 2sec to 1sec, effectively a 50% nerf. ranger could use a similar treatment. immob is by far the strongest condi right now..

I agree with every change except the number of targets for shade. Now you can hit max of 6 targets IF your shades are perfectly placed.... I would have preferred if they reduced the damage of the wells in WvW and kept the shades.

I don't need to be OP, but I do want to feel like my main class mechanic isn't a waste. And the way the play style is now it's drop 3 wells every 40 seconds, kite kite kite. I could do that without playing scourge.

Scourge needed nerfs, but not because of their DPS, it was because when they are stacked, like 6 in a raid, they were incredibly OP...not individually. Every zerg had cadres of Scourges, dropping shade circles and rendering every other class impotent except in open fields...put them in a choke point, a hall, a room, or whatever, only Scourges mattered.