[Guide] Burn DH for wvw, build and guide!

RisenHowl.2419

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this because I've been playing Burn DH more and more lately, and it's stupidly fun. On the one hand I almost feel like it is a pure troll build, since any organized murderball will shrug off your attacks, and leave their bootprints on your face as they run over your corpse, but as we all know, many many groups out there are far from organized.

One thing I find super fun is that I'm finally a threat to defenders and siege on a wall. Normally I'll play Hammer Herald in WvW, and I have to get lucky and connect Drop the Hammer + Phase Smash + Elements to have a chance of downing someone humping an AC or Bali. But with a DH, Hunter's Ward is decent, but either Symbol of Energy / Symbol of Punishment + Sword of Justice is all it takes to both down the player and take out the siege.

We'll see what happens after the great Balance Patch of 2020 lands, but for now, this competing with my Hammer Rev for playtime.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Just bumping this because I've been playing Burn DH more and more lately, and it's stupidly fun. On the one hand I almost feel like it is a pure troll build, since any organized murderball will shrug off your attacks, and leave their bootprints on your face as they run over your corpse, but as we all know, many many groups out there are far from organized.

One thing I find super fun is that I'm finally a threat to defenders and siege on a wall. Normally I'll play Hammer Herald in WvW, and I have to get lucky and connect Drop the Hammer + Phase Smash + Elements to have a chance of downing someone humping an AC or Bali. But with a DH, Hunter's Ward is decent, but either Symbol of Energy / Symbol of Punishment + Sword of Justice is all it takes to both down the player and take out the siege.

We'll see what happens after the great Balance Patch of 2020 lands, but for now, this competing with my Hammer Rev for playtime.

Wondered if you still played. And yes burn guard melts pugs standing on catas and rams rofl. If more go to rez it just gets even more hilarious ;-)

@Justine.6351 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Just bumping this because I've been playing Burn DH more and more lately, and it's stupidly fun. On the one hand I almost feel like it is a pure troll build, since any organized murderball will shrug off your attacks, and leave their bootprints on your face as they run over your corpse, but as we all know, many many groups out there are far from organized.

Wondered if you still played. And yes burn guard melts pugs standing on catas and rams rofl. If more go to rez it just gets even more hilarious ;-)

I took a break from early Dec to January, but I'm back playing, mostly just WvW and Fractals.

I just hadn't posted on the forums for an extended period for reasons I can't state without getting banned, but one only has to look at the recent return of a certain poster to the WvW section who has obvious Warclaw Derangement Syndrome to see what ANET is willing to tolerate, and as such, my time is better spent on Reddit.

For roaming, you can meme with shield of the avenger instead of reflect wall. The funny thing is that it inflicts burn and nobody knows it is even killing them. Pair it up with BGH and they'll die slowly since 99% of people are going to burn their stab and think that's that. xD

I suggest a tankier mix with carrion/tb/grieving for roaming of course. Given the potential condi meta of the future I figured it was worth bringing it up.

I'm just trying to enjoy this for as long as it is around.

Joined a pug group on the other day, and we took 30ish people into Wildcreek to fight off around 50-60 of Green team. (they even had ACs built outside on the road). The fight lasted a good solid 5-6 minutes, but in the end we were overwhelmed. We had a last stand up on the wall by the mountain side, corner towards Rogues, where wave after wave of Green just kept coming until we got stomped.

Member of the squad mentioned that by the end I was pulling just over 1 Million DPS on my burn DH ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

@alain.1659 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

link to the build in the description, happy burning =D

Any new ideas for post patch? I have been tinkering with it but I really wonder about your builds for burn dh and maybe burn fb :)

There's some fun stuff you can do with both, but i'm holding onto the ideas right now so our guild can enjoy them for a bit

sorry :>

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

link to the build in the description, happy burning =D

Any new ideas for post patch? I have been tinkering with it but I really wonder about your builds for burn dh and maybe burn fb :)

There's some fun stuff you can do with both, but i'm holding onto the ideas right now so our guild can enjoy them for a bit

sorry :>

No problem :) I will wait to see if your builds are similar to mine or not. I started to play burn guardian because of you and now burn fb is my favourite. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually better that way since you can place your sword of justice on where they'll go, instead of having to walk up to them. It's also easier if your group will push instead of constantly pirate shipping. Have your f3 up when bursting. And then f2 ---> renewed focus ---> f2 when needed.

I play significantly tankier so damage is lower but still enough to nail them if they're not careful. My style has always been about kiting people into our side though; it does get me killed sometimes. ;)

It's actually a very flexible spec. Despite the memes, this build is very well crafted and turns out it really was 1 step ahead xD

Though Anet will probably nerf bat it in about 6 months; better have your fun.

• 3 weeks later...

The meta has seen more and more shifts to melee play, with more stealth/portal bombs than a few months back. I've started running Procession of Blades (with Unscathed trait) over Wall of Reflection and it works quite nicely. I'm still running Soaring Devastation for the CC and cleave though, but the trap always seems ready when I need it. Longbow still works well for ranged pressure, clearing walls and just annoying the crap out of an enemy group (I especially love pinging people when my auto attack ricochets off cannons or oil), and is great for tagging downed players for loot once they roach.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:hi risen, how about power DH (sceptor)? what in your opinion of power DH in a strong sustain squad

works fine, core power with scepter+staff probably has better burst.

Thanks. will be nice if you are able to make a video with other strong dps professions in squad with arcdps meter on.. just to see the comparison..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...