Help me in solo content build Fireburn

frareanselm.1925

I cannot decide which option would have more benefits:

Option A:Mostly Dire with 4 pieces of Trailblazer.Runes of Balthazar+bursting+maliceValues:toughness-1973vitality-1749 health-21049condi damage-1345burn duration-97.33%

Option B:Mostly trailblazer except 3 dire.Runes of the undead (convert 7% thoughness in condi)+smoldering+maliceValues:toughness-2316vitality-1685 health-18495condi damage-1512burn duration-84.2%

The first option gives 13% more duration, 13% more dps (in long fights)But the second gives 167 more raw condi damage + 343 more toughness

Which one has more value? Im not an expert on theorycrafting.

You've got the defensive stats either way, but where does your sustain come from? E.g. solo condi rev is running Runes of Torment to turn every attack into a sizable self-heal on every condition application. Understanding what traits you're running will make it easier to give advice about gear.

Neither. Just go 100% burn duration with Balthazar runes and mix between sinister and viper. Maybe one piece with HP. Balthazar gives 2K HP. Anything beyond 14k HP is absolute waste. Toughness and healing are terribly bad stats in Open world PvE. Dead mobs do not do damage. If you need survivability use mediation line instead of zeal or radiance (assuming you are Using FB/radiance/zeal).

@otto.5684 said:Toughness and healing are terribly bad stats in Open world PvE. Dead mobs do not do damage. If you need survivability use mediation line instead of zeal or radiance (assuming you are Using FB/radiance/zeal).

Lol, sure, dead mobs don't do damage but they are alive when you engage them. If you get CC by some of them and burst to death, you might not able to recover.And if you try to solo some tough champions, you will have to sustain the whole fight.

I am not saying toughness and healing are needed, but they make you incredibly resilient and allow you to solo hard content a lot more easily than with viper !Granted, guardian has many sustain options within utilities and traits, so veterans can just rely on them. It's all about having more or less margin for mistakes.

@otto.5684 said:Neither. Just go 100% burn duration with Balthazar runes and mix between sinister and viper. Maybe one piece with HP. Balthazar gives 2K HP. Anything beyond 14k HP is absolute waste. Toughness and healing are terribly bad stats in Open world PvE. Dead mobs do not do damage. If you need survivability use mediation line instead of zeal or radiance (assuming you are Using FB/radiance/zeal).

In the past I attempted soloing low level dungeons with carrion+balthazar and I felt that mobs hit me hard no matter how much Hp I had. Thats why I wanted to add toughness.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@otto.5684 said:Neither. Just go 100% burn duration with Balthazar runes and mix between sinister and viper. Maybe one piece with HP. Balthazar gives 2K HP. Anything beyond 14k HP is absolute waste. Toughness and healing are terribly bad stats in Open world PvE. Dead mobs do not do damage. If you need survivability use mediation line instead of zeal or radiance (assuming you are Using FB/radiance/zeal).

In the past I attempted soloing low level dungeons with carrion+balthazar and I felt that mobs hit me hard no matter how much Hp I had. Thats why I wanted to add toughness.

Don't test normie builds on dungeons, the level-downscaling effect messes with everything a lot.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@otto.5684 said:Toughness and healing are terribly bad stats in Open world PvE. Dead mobs do not do damage. If you need survivability use mediation line instead of zeal or radiance (assuming you are Using FB/radiance/zeal).

Lol, sure, dead mobs don't do damage but they are alive when you engage them. If you get CC by some of them and burst to death, you might not able to recover.And if you try to solo some tough champions, you will have to sustain the whole fight.

I am not saying toughness and healing are needed, but they make you incredibly resilient and allow you to solo hard content a lot more easily than with viper !Granted, guardian has many sustain options within utilities and traits, so veterans can just rely on them. It's all about having more or less margin for mistakes.

And that is what I do. I run full dps. If I think something is tough I use mace/shield as 2nd weapon. Even tougher, I drop zeal for mediation and utilities accordingly. If it is tougher than that, you should not be soloing it in the first place. You theoretically could, but why? And, there are Other classes that are better suited for things like this.

And, unless you have leg gear, you don’t want to be carry more than 2 sets of gear (3 pushing it on space). And you always want to run full dps outside of extremely niche situations. Since running anything else slows you down significantly.

@otto.5684 said:And that is what I do. I run full dps. If I think something is tough I use mace/shield as 2nd weapon. Even tougher, I drop zeal for mediation and utilities accordingly. If it is tougher than that, you should not be soloing it in the first place. You theoretically could, but why? And, there are Other classes that are better suited for things like this.

Let's say you want to kill Fire Shaman in Iron March, I'm not sure you could do it without toughness unless you are incredibly good at avoid all of his strong attacks.Now, why would you solo him?Because some players want to everything with the profession they chose and they don't want to switch because some others can do the job easier.

I am one of those players ? In my case, it is more for RP reason. Switching characters to do one task is against any role play or game immersion.

@otto.5684 said:And, unless you have leg gear, you don’t want to be carry more than 2 sets of gear (3 pushing it on space). And you always want to run full dps outside of extremely niche situations. Since running anything else slows you down significantly.

If you use the gear template tabs, your secondary gear won't take up extra inventory space.

• 4 weeks later...

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:i personally used celestial for my first set. definitely not optimal in any gamemode but viable everywhere except endgame pve. However i play wvw, open world, and low lvl fractals so having all stats may not be quite as useful for you if ur only concerned with open world

If you're taking Celestial, definitely try to shore up your condition damage / duration with something like Balthazar runes and the Radiance tree. Perhaps even add Sigil of Smoldering as well.