Drizzlewood Coast Instance Flavor - Please add to WvW

Apokriphos.7042

For those who have played the latest living story, Drizzlewood Coast, it adds quite a few interesting features that would be quite relevant to WvW while additionally enhancing the game mode.

The easy addition of Parachute whenever a character enters a borderland or when taking an emergency waypoint would be a wonderful QoL.

More destructable and buildable features such as new variations in walls, huts, tables, and other landscapes used in Bjora Marshes.

New types of Charr oriented siege instead of only Asuran Golems.

There are plenty of other features used in the zone that would add more variety and detail to stale WvW. What do you guys think?

I've not played Bjora enough to warrant any comment but going by your description it sounds like some things could add some flavour while other things may be potential balance issues. Being a balance issue does not necessarily make them unwanted, but you'd need to be careful when thinking about them.

Some things, even something basic like being able to erect palisades for encampment for example, can sound simple and cool but may have long-term negative impact on the mode with common fights becomming too defensive etc.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:For those who have played the latest living story, Bjora Marshes, it adds quite a few interesting features that would be quite relevant to WvW while additionally enhancing the game mode.

The easy addition of Parachute whenever a character enters a borderland or when taking an emergency waypoint would be a wonderful QoL.

More destructable and buildable features such as new variations in walls, huts, tables, and other landscapes used in Bjora Marshes.

New types of Charr oriented siege instead of only Asuran Golems.

There are plenty of other features used in the zone that would add more variety and detail to stale WvW. What do you guys think?

I approve. It would be nice if attackers.can destroy enemy supply huts in towers and keeps resulting to halting supplies which requires player to rebuild it.

Bjora marches has none of the mentioned features . Drizzlewood coast is the "wvw flavored" map, which is really hard to play if you don't have flying mounts or any of the fast mounts. The various huts/poles etc exist for achievement purposes only and add nothing to the "wvw" experience. The whole map actually adds nothing to the actual wvw experience.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Bjora marches has none of the mentioned features . Drizzlewood coast is the "wvw flavored" map, which is really hard to play if you don't have flying mounts or any of the fast mounts. The various huts/poles etc exist for achievement purposes only and add nothing to the "wvw" experience. The whole map actually adds nothing to the actual wvw experience.

Mounts aren't required, the Waystation can parachute you to all areas and you can glide across the entire map. I don't get why people keep saying flying mounts are needed, IceBrood Saga isn't designed like PoF/LS4.

I like the idea of emergency waypoint having players appear to parachute into the building at that location, I think though a brief invulnerability would need to be applied as well (due to load in times, and basically it ending up a free kill for the invading force). Right now some commanders exploit this where they'll stack on the EWP and kill everyone as they port in, although I've only rarely seen it happen.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Bjora marches has none of the mentioned features . Drizzlewood coast is the "wvw flavored" map, which is really hard to play if you don't have flying mounts or any of the fast mounts. The various huts/poles etc exist for achievement purposes only and add nothing to the "wvw" experience. The whole map actually adds nothing to the actual wvw experience.

Mounts aren't required, the Waystation can parachute you to all areas and you can glide across the entire map. I don't get why people keep saying flying mounts are needed, IceBrood Saga isn't designed like PoF/LS4.Its "needed" in the sense it makes things 100x easier, not to mention you aint gonna do the boss rush at the pace of walking. You "need" the flying mount after you paradrop.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Parachutes in WvW would be cool as would the ability to parachute into friendly territory. One of the main reasons I don't play WvW much is the insane amount of time it takes to get to the action.

Distance from keeps/towers/camps to waypoints is a key determinant in how the map is played. One of the reasons EWP, mounts and gliding messed up the delicate balance of borderland play is because they allow large numbers of defenders to get into a structure way quicker and safer than what was originally intended. You can glide from defender spawn into NE tower. Gliders enable you to take shortcuts that used to be impossible without taking fatal fall damage. EWP advantage is self explanatory. If fighting on EWP, the defender can spam it for invuln.

Ninja tower/keep takes used to be things that you had to orchestrate and plan based on distance from spawn and how long it would take for 50 people to port in and run to defend it. If you allow parachuting, there will be no point in attacking structures at all. It is too much of a disadvantage. Just camp your own honey pot keeps and wait till your night crew can take territory unopposed so you have more honey traps the next morning.

Defenders already have an overwhelming advantage in borderlands - they have siege advantage, high ground advantage, tactivators and a free pre-buff + stealth engage from behind the safety of walls. They do not need an impossibly good spawn advantage too.

Say what you will. I don't disagree with your points but that flavor of play that keeps that "delicate balance" between attacking and defending is why I don't find WvW to be much fun. I can't speak for anyone but myself here but I think the gameplay needs to be flipped on its head. I don't find zerging or running to get to the zerg to be any fun. Roaming can be fun and the concept could be built upon. I don't know the solution here but Drizzlewood has been more fun than WvW for me so far. I doubt it will still be fun month after month as the meta progression won't change and there really isn't a fear of losing. The zerg problem exists in that map too.