Can we get a fix on the dragon banner ...

anduriell.6280

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... one banner... pretty much per team that evidently, you stood in? Trying to out heal it and not taking damage from others.....

Very realistic post. Or you were so focused on a lord that you failed to see the person smelting you..

Lot of servers run 3+ dragon banners constantly on map. All banners need both duration reduction (from 15 min -> 10 min) and Dragon's breath varrants a damage nerf (it already applies quickness to 20 allies so it doesn't need to deal that much damage itself). The recent nerfs to it were not enough.

@Threather.9354 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... one banner... pretty much per team that evidently, you stood in? Trying to out heal it and not taking damage from others.....

Very realistic post. Or you were so focused on a lord that you failed to see the person smelting you..

Lot of servers run 3+ dragon banners constantly on map. All banners need both duration reduction (from 15 min -> 10 min) and Dragon's breath varrants a damage nerf (it already applies quickness to 20 allies so it doesn't need to deal that much damage itself). The recent nerfs to it were not enough.

I won’t argue it may need tweaks.

Look at their combat log.... I get tired of these: omgbbq lookatallthatdamage posts when it’s clear from the log that they let ONE person beat them down with that much damage.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I won’t argue it may need tweaks.

Look at their combat log.... I get tired of these: omgbbq lookatallthatdamage posts when it’s clear from the log that they let ONE person beat them down with that much damage.

Well yea, 1 screenshot or 1 clip isn't enough to varrant a nerf. And "just move out of it" isn't counter-argument for nerfing it either. I don't understand why so many people dislike playing the build they made and think their life as Dragon banner main regardless of situation is justified.

@"anduriell.6280" said:I return to the game to check the status of wvw and then I have an hour forced to play "the floor is lava" because Anet doesn't fix the banners. I guess i'll try again maybe in 6 months.Fing banners

the balance is hot garbage at the moment....Combat log shows you blew your dodges and stood in the banner.While there is indeed some "hot garbage" here, it isn't the balance.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Banner user should have all utilities and F class skills locked. Banner damage has been nerfed, but not enough.

Most of them were locked but then they added mounts and you get them back by mounting up and dismounting. Was kind of unintentional buff to banners. Very soon after they started sprouting everywhere.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:I return to the game to check the status of wvw and then I have an hour forced to play "the floor is lava" because Anet doesn't fix the banners. I guess i'll try again maybe in 6 months.
Fing banners

the balance is hot garbage at the moment....Combat log shows you blew your dodges and stood in the banner.While there is indeed some "hot garbage" here, it isn't the balance.

They got hit twice for almost 15k damage. The first tick is usually unavoidable with all the nonsense going on, the second tick is enough to down squishy classes or even some with considerable vitality investment. I don't care if they stood in the banner because they thought it was a hot tub, that's too much damage.

I'm fairly sure you can get even higher damage if you go full yolo dps with and have 25 might (although you will probably need a pocket healer to not instadie to retal).Idk if the damage for banner skills is calculated the same as weapon skills but the damage modifier for the pulse damage is 2.0 (for some comparisons, backstab is 1.8, churning earth is 2.25 and CoR is 1.5 in wvw)

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:I return to the game to check the status of wvw and then I have an hour forced to play "the floor is lava" because Anet doesn't fix the banners. I guess i'll try again maybe in 6 months.
Fing banners

They got hit twice for almost 15k damage. The first tick is usually unavoidable with all the nonsense going on, the second tick is enough to down squishy classes or even some with considerable vitality investment. I don't care if they stood in the banner because they thought it was a hot tub, that's too much damage.

Again, I think most agree it needs tweaks but this log is hot garbage.

Where is all the damage from the rest of the players...?

Being taken by surprise in a Zerg is one thing., but the dang thing has a break bar.... If you can’t see it coming....,,

It’s kinda like standing in Mortar fire. Just poor play.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Fing banners

Being taken by surprise in a Zerg is one thing., but the dang thing has a break bar.... If you can’t see it coming....,,

Sometimes they have no choice. I catch players all the time running up a ramp or right as they enter the downed wall/gate. I'll jump down behind them not like I hop up and down with the banner so they know I'm there first. It is a dumb op item that zergs also abuse so while the ss might not fit perfectly for you and could be he wanted that ss so his friend did it and he just stood in it but that's unlikely. The recent nerf wasn't enough.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Fing banners

Sometimes they have no choice. I catch players all the time running up a ramp or right as they enter the downed wall/gate. I'll jump down behind them not like I hop up and down with the banner so they know I'm there first. It is a dumb op item that zergs also abuse so while the ss might not fit perfectly for you and could be he wanted that ss so his friend did it and he just stood in it but that's unlikely.

But did he stand there for what..: 7 hits with it? When no one else hit them?

The recent nerf wasn't enough.

I agree with this

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Fing banners

Sometimes they have no choice. I catch players all the time running up a ramp or right as they enter the downed wall/gate. I'll jump down behind them not like I hop up and down with the banner so they know I'm there first. It is a dumb op item that zergs also abuse so while the ss might not fit perfectly for you and could be he wanted that ss so his friend did it and he just stood in it but that's unlikely.

But did he stand there for what..: 7 hits with it? When no one else hit them?

The recent nerf wasn't enough.

I agree with this

They went down after the second hit, look where it said absorbed and that usually means you went down and invulned whatever hit you in that moment. Everything after that was after the OP was in downstate.

They nerfed DB last patch, but didn't nerf the main offender, that being #5. The other problem is it scales off of player modifiers. Example being on my DH, running inspiring virtue, which is only a 10% buff, other classes have higher or many other stacking options, why is this a thing? This is like back when siege did condi dmg based on personal stats, getting 10k burning ticks almost instantly was so broken.

This is what #5 can do, wiping two different groups:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:They nerfed DB last patch

If It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, I wouldn't have noticed. The fact that I see more DB's in use by full squads than those running 20+ debunks the notion that they serve as some equalizer for outnumbered players.

The most stacked server will always hold more structures that will be upgraded and as such have more access to DB. This matchup, we are winning very easy, and because of that, when I run with a group, I always spot at least 2-3 DBs on our side, the other side? None, because we have papered everything on the other servers side.

When you are outnumbered anyway and have maybe 1 DB, but the other side has more people and 2-3 DB, why people think that is an advantage to the smaller server, I have no idea. They are probably DB mains is what I am thinking.