Is Steel and Fire not-soloable?

I've done everything solo up until now. I'm at the scrying pool with Aurene and have the choice of Steel & Fire public or group. There's never anyone else there. I played through it once solo until the very end and could never get the forgeman below 85. Is it possible to do this solo or do I have to wait around for a group? I don't really like being forced to have a group to continue with the story.

@StormyFae.2761 said:I've done everything solo up until now. I'm at the scrying pool with Aurene and have the choice of Steel & Fire public or group. There's never anyone else there. I played through it once solo until the very end and could never get the forgeman below 85. Is it possible to do this solo or do I have to wait around for a group? I don't really like being forced to have a group to continue with the story.

It is possible to do him solo the breakbat scale.

It's soloable, but it'll take a while.

After you're targeted by the bomb that follows you (try to drag that onto enemies btw), you have to get into the tank, and use your three skill to break the bar...click on it and hold it down I find is the best way. Once the bar breaks, you can use the tank to do pretty good damage to it. Takes two or three rounds to kill it solo, as long as you have ammo.

@"StormyFae.2761" said:I've done everything solo up until now. I'm at the scrying pool with Aurene and have the choice of Steel & Fire public or group. There's never anyone else there. I played through it once solo until the very end and could never get the forgeman below 85. Is it possible to do this solo or do I have to wait around for a group? I don't really like being forced to have a group to continue with the story.It is absolutely soloable.It is however much more fun with a group.LFG listing for this tend to be found under "Strikes" in NA, the will be listed as FS or Forging Steel. Look for a run that says "No CMs" (No challenge motes) or just start one yourself. I've never had to wait more than 10 mins for a group to fill unless I was running CMs.

@Vayne.8563 said:It's soloable, but it'll take a while.

After you're targeted by the bomb that follows you (try to drag that onto enemies btw), you have to get into the tank, and use your three skill to break the bar...click on it and hold it down I find is the best way. Once the bar breaks, you can use the tank to do pretty good damage to it. Takes two or three rounds to kill it solo, as long as you have ammo.

Very helpful. It just took so long the first time to even get to him, but now that I know what I'm doing maybe it'll go faster.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:It is absolutely soloable.It is however much more fun with a group.LFG listing for this tend to be found under "Strikes" in NA, the will be listed as FS or Forging Steel. Look for a run that says "No CMs" (No challenge motes) or just start one yourself. I've never had to wait more than 10 mins for a group to fill unless I was running CMs.

Thanks. I will try that if I don't feel like spending an hour at it again by myself!

@StormyFae.2761 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:It's soloable, but it'll take a while.

Very helpful. It just took so long the first time to even get to him, but now that I know what I'm doing maybe it'll go faster.

If you're on a US server, I can do it with you, or even get a couple of people to help. Hit me up here or in game if you want.

The strike does take a while(somewhere around 40 minutes for me) to solo but the reason it takes a while has nothing to do with the boss. The boss can easily be killed with two burn phases. The breakbar seems to be scaled for requiring 2/3 of the people in the instance using the harpoon. Keep in mind that there is also a minimum amount of time it will take because of the throttling by the tank's movement and the event timers. That minimum is under 25 minutes since there is an achievement for doing it under that time. Simply having a second person should speed it up quite a bit for the section where you have to kill things both on top and on the bottom.

Arrrrgh! :#I was soloing it again and after OVER AN HOUR, I got the forge guy down to about 55%... then my internet crapped out. I was very calm. My keyboard only lost a few keys. Easily replaceable.I feel like a failure but I am going to have to ask for help. Not today. Probably not for a while. I have to go play some Peggle to get back to my happy place.