Stormcaller Weapons, Tier 2 -> Tier 1 deleted

Ashantara.8731

Dear ArenaNet,

Please make it easy to obtain Tier 2 for those who have already acquired Tier 1 but deleted those skins afterwards.

We've already had a situation like that before - most players just don't have the space to hoard stuff for possible future content. Please don't have us recraft all of the Tier 1 skins.

Thank you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Linken.6345" said:Yea this was exactly why anet put a warning on them so after you crafted 1 you could have seen

I didn't see that "warning" as I did not read the weapons' description. C'est la vie, I guess.

@Jilora.9524 said:There was a warning on the weapons so I mean of course you deleted them.

Well, that's too bad. No Tier 2 for me then. :-1:

@yoni.7015 said:There was a warning in the description. It is your fault if you don’t read it.

Well, I didn't, because I did not use them. I created them, then salvaged them for materials immediately. I only cared about finishing the collection, not the weapons per se. Now I know and in the future I will be more careful.

But I am sure there will be a possibility to get them back.

Let's hope so! :/

@Randulf.7614 said:It would be sensible if them to a vendor like last time and exchange for currency ones already made

Well they tried to learn from last time and added a warning to avoid tickets and then having to add a vendor. And last time players who salvaged sent tickets and got a new set and then sold that new set so idk. I'm sure a certain person already put in a ticket to get them restored. It is a wall of text so even salvage or drag into mystic forge players should of noticed but hey can't save them all

@yoni.7015 said:There was a warning in the description. It is your fault if you don’t read it. But I am sure there will be a possibility to get them back.

It is most certainly my decision to salvage the weapons, but this is what happens with any weapon I create. There are so many exotic weapons and with ibs these are most abundant. I like so many do it just for the achievement. Not my fault if I don’t read it because why would I besides the fact they are doing tiered systems now. Such a dumb method of creating yet another exotic which I will salvage again. If they would bring an ascended T2 instead maybe I would be more inclined to read. Such an expensive set of exotics to make.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@yoni.7015 said:There was a warning in the description. It is your fault if you don’t read it. But I am sure there will be a possibility to get them back.

It is most certainly my decision to salvage the weapons, but this is what happens with any weapon I create. There are so many exotic weapons and with ibs these are most abundant. I like so many do it just for the achievement. Not my fault if I don’t read it because why would I besides the fact they are doing tiered systems now. Such a dumb method of creating yet another exotic which I will salvage again. If they would bring an ascended T2 instead maybe I would be more inclined to read. Such an expensive set of exotics to make.

I mean yeah not your fault if you didn't experience the same issue with the bjora weapons but after that just salvaging everything is a bad idea and a warning should've helped but anet obviously needs to make the upgraded versions some sort of collection that recognizes if you unlocked the skin or not because way too many seem surprised after already seeing this 2 episodes ago.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Of course it is your fault if you don’t read the text in the description. Besides that is no one forcing you to make them. If you think it is a dumb method - just don’t do it.

I am actually in the same position as the OP, and I agree that I should have probably read more carefully, but I get so many warning about salvaging junk that I have learnt not to read. It is interesting that I based my assumption on the trailers, you can see in these timestamped videos that for the Boreal Weapons they were announced as upgradable in the trailer for

, however in the latest release
, the Stormcaller weapons were just called a new reward . Based on the info from the trailer I just went into the assumption that these new weapon sets are not going to be upgradable, and it is my fault for not making sure, but I am still quite upset at myself for not checking and needing to be so careful. Not that I had the space to store them anyway.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"melody.2601" said:"Not my fault if I don’t read it"Read that again please.

Never said that. Read that again, please. =)

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I prefer that the devs count the unlocking of the weapon skin as proof of the previous tier weapon instead of the actual weapon itself.

:+1:

No one said you said that. That's a quote from another poster.

@Spanex.1950 said:Did you guys just conveniently ignore the part where OP said people sometimes don't have room to keep the weapons?

I threw mine in the mystic toilet because I didn't have room for them either, and you don't get a warning for that.

Why would you immediately craft them, if you didn't have long term storage space, but read the warning and knew they may be needed in the next update?

I lack storage space too, and I haven't crafted a single weapon yet. I've gathered the materials, hell I even got some Stormcaller weapon chests from the WvW reward track, but I haven't opened any so that I don't waste storage space.

Again, the fault is on you guys, not ANet. ANet gave us warnings and didn't force the weapons on us outright.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Why would you immediately craft them, if you didn't have long term storage space, but read the warning and knew they may be needed in the next update?

Let's just say it again for the people in the back: you don't get a warning for throwing them into the mystic forge. How was I supposed to know Anet was going to pull that 'upgradable weapon' stunt again? Or wait, I should have just assumed because it happened before with one other set so far?

Gee, thanks. I'll certainly assume that of every weapon set that gets dropped from now on. Twice is a pattern and all that.

Same thing happened with boreal weapons, where people threw em in mystic toilet or salvaged them and it turned out they were needed to make the illuminated boreal weapons in the next episode. Devs made it possible to repurchase one of each crafted boreal wep by paying a minimal amount of gold and iceshards. It wouldnt surprise me if the same happened here, as well.

However, veteran players who claim they don't have 16 spare slots don't really make much sense, either. I mean, the weapons came with a warning, how anyone could not pay attention to that and free 16 slots on various chars on a single account, is beyond me...

@Spanex.1950 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Let's just say it again for the people in the back: you
don't
get a warning for throwing them into the mystic forge. How was I supposed to know Anet was going to pull that 'upgradable weapon' stunt again? Or wait, I should have just
assumed
because it happened before with one other set so far?

Gee, thanks. I'll certainly assume that of
every
weapon set that gets dropped from now on.
Twice is a pattern
and all that.

Ok dude we aren't talking about the warning " are you sure you want to salvage this". There is an actual written warning on each weapon that says they will be used in an upgrade basically. So the people in the back can hear just fine

@Spanex.1950 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Let's just say it again for the people in the back: you
don't
get a warning for throwing them into the mystic forge. How was I supposed to know Anet was going to pull that 'upgradable weapon' stunt again? Or wait, I should have just
assumed
because it happened before with one other set so far?

Gee, thanks. I'll certainly assume that of
every
weapon set that gets dropped from now on.
Twice is a pattern
and all that.

Yeah how on Earth would you know that Anet planned to make them upgradable in the future

e051e360a49bc8886da482358273f6dc.png

Not like there is a big ass Text telling you that right?

Stormcaller weapons are the legions' first attempt at harnessing the elements to battle Bangar's renegades. Expect these weapons to be capable of upgrades in the near future.

The Text was there from DAY 1 of the update also.

@"melody.2601" said:Yeah how on Earth would you know that Anet planned to make them upgradable in the futuree051e360a49bc8886da482358273f6dc.png

I hardly consider that a "warning", though. ;) Warnings should be recognized as such at first glance. For people like me who didn't craft the set for its skins, well, we did not care to read the weapons' description carefully enough to recognize the "warning." Tough luck.

Anyway, it is what it is and players who are in the same boat as me can only hope that there will be a way around having to recraft the whole set. :+1: