EU servers a catastrophe

For the past two weeks, the servers have been a frequent disaster! There are moments were everyone lags like hell, mass disconnects, repeated login error pop-ups, days where map travel was impossible, and what not. :angry:

I was just trying to do the Boneskinner: several people, including me, got a lag all of a sudden, so bad that we couldn't move for 6-8 seconds. And that happened over and over again. We even left the instance and created a new one - to no avail.

Please fix your servers. :/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:FYI: They moved to Amazon servers long before the last World Boss Rush.

Still it happened when they moved to the amazon servers. I remember playing fine before it then when they moved it turned to crap. Lately though has just been ridiculous constant "can't connect to the login server" while running around or pretty much doing anything and the roll back issue a month or so ago.

I only log in now to get the dailies as doing anything else is just a pain because of the constant lag. It's not just one or two people either it's a whole map.

last 3-4 days game is unplayable, when i enter on path of fire maps, ping jump sometimes 800, on old maps everything is ok, no lag. and store doesnt work at all, always say please try later. im playing other games and everything is fine, like warzone and star wars, drivers up to date, internet ok, repaired gw folder -repair, moved somewhere else, deleted cache folder, and nothing helps. and im on last ach for skyscale, farming is very hard with lag. any help or advise? i need it so bad.

Same here, all PoF Maps are suffering from 5sec delay in fights and even in inventory. I'm gonna quit this, if this doesn't get solved. I'm dying on the map of this.

Input is not getting lost but massively delayed. From an IT perspective you have a shard AWS infrastructure bottleneck for the EU PoF Maps. Looks like IOPS/CPU issue to me

It's really putting me off. I'm trying to play through the story and all the way to LS3 is absolutely fine, but PoF maps and LS4 are absolute hell, plus Bjora Marches. Ele is my main and I've given up in Icebrood Saga because Bjora is so laggy that I die immediately. It's frustrating because I came back to the game to play the new releases and had to give up and play older stuff. Even leveling an alt is disappointing because I've just reached PoF and the lag starts then.

I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.... Wait a minute...

Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

@Mercure.6531 said:I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.... Wait a minute...

Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

this lag is super weird. It seems to be really bad on PoF maps in particular. There is nobody around and the map is half empty and you are just killing a random mob in the middle of nowhere and boom you get a 3 second lag spike.

Anet have addressed WvW lag (not really but they acknowledged it at least) but have they said anything about the PvE lag?

Just went back into the game today after a months-long break, it's been an hour and I'm ready to sign back off for the next half year. Can't believe how much money I used to put into this game only for them to not be able to check their servers, or at least acknowledge the problem...

@TrOtskY.5927 said:this lag is super weird. It seems to be really bad on PoF maps in particular. There is nobody around and the map is half empty and you are just killing a random mob in the middle of nowhere and boom you get a 3 second lag spike.

Anet have addressed WvW lag (not really but they acknowledged it at least) but have they said anything about the PvE lag?

Sorry, wrong poster.

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:

@Mercure.6531 said:I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.... Wait a minute...

Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've not experienced any of the lag problems that other people have been chatting about whilst on any of the maps - the one thing I do notice however is much longer loading screen times, especially to Eye of the North. They're almost instant to me for most maps, but EotN can take a good 10-20 seconds sometimes.

I do play on medium settings with lowest character model limit though, I've just never seen any lag even compare to the lag I've seen in WvW 3-ways (though saying that, I really don't get any lag or fps drops at all in PvE, even at metas and bounties with a full map).

Really hope they can address this and start trying fixes, it's sad to see so many people not enjoying the game because of it.