Which map do you prefer?

Riba.3271

@Doug.4930 said:Dessert BL. I still hate the pve there and wish it would be nerfed. But this map makes death punishing after the speed kitten was added because it takes so kitten long to get anywhere, which I actually like.

It’s actually really weird playing on it compared to EBG. An enemy can return almost instantly in EBG depending on their WPs whereas on Desert you can really punish enemies even when they have the 40% shrine buff.

@saerni.2584 said:

@Doug.4930 said:Dessert BL. I still hate the pve there and wish it would be nerfed. But this map makes death punishing after the speed kitten was added because it takes so kitten long to get anywhere, which I actually like.

It’s actually really weird playing on it compared to EBG. An enemy can return almost instantly in EBG depending on their WPs whereas on Desert you can really punish enemies even when they have the 40% shrine buff.

I can't stand EBG. In lower tiers it can be bearable. But if the maps active with players the oppression of watchtower/sentries makes it awful to roam into enemy territory. Can't go anywhere without the enemy server having radar hacks. Before you know it the 10 man gank squads descend on you.

Desert borderlands is by far the most unique and offers a lot of variety, The only problem I have with it is it's size, It takes way too long to get anywhere on it.EBG is fun because of the constant activity but in my opinion it's got the opposite problem, It's slightly too small for three teams imo.Alpine Borderlands I've gotten a little bored of, It's a lot of the same for me there lately and it doesn't help that the maps look very dated.EoTM I wasn't around when it was active but the map design itself is brilliant I wish they'd do something with it.

@Talindra.4958 said:don't hv a fav map really.. they are all pretty old and out dated now. we actually need new game maps.. that rotatescan have vertical maps - asura city.. or sylvari city map etc. we have desert.. maybe ice map.. or kaineng map.. these maps rotates weekly

To add. I hope if this happens. Time to move forward. Just remember the mechanics that players want. Less vertical more horizontal

No bloodlust

Camps towers keeps castle move in that direction

Meaning to get castle, helps if you have your keep and to get those helps to have your towers and to have those, helps to have your camps

The only map im kinda Meh on is the Alpine Borderlands..The only reason for this though is because there has always been multiple versions of this map in Gw2.

Back when WvW was mandatory for World completion I came to utterly hate these maps, having to complete them 3 times multiple times was utterly insufferable, specially since I hated WvW back then too.Even after years of not having to do it and even coming to enjoy the odd bit of WvW now and again, that original experience of having to complete 3 identical maps has still ruined them for me.

The introduction of Desert Borderlands was a very welcome one for me, and I am still glad to see that it has permanently replaced one of the Alpine Maps.I really, really hope with the next expansion that we'll finally get rid of that second Alpine map as well and a brand new Canthan themed map will come in to replace it.That would be perfect, no more dupe maps.

As for my vote though, Edge of the Mists.This map is just fun, I had a lot of fun knocking people off the map years ago and I really like the map layout that forces encounters on bridges and stuff, it can lead to a lot of chaotic fights which was just fun.Sadly this map never did see it's full potential reached, it was fun while it lasted though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:DBL winning.

I have doubts.

Why? I like dbl the most, but that doens’t mean I spend the most time in that map, because most commanders are on EB or hopping maps.But, if there’re more commanders online and if I can chose, I prefere DBL ☺️

also, if i’m roaming, I spend most time on DBL

@XenesisII.1540 said:Believe this poll or the fact that one map has had queues on it multiple times every day for the past 8 years, hmmmm.

Due to its balance, points and three way fights EB draws its crowds. I admit though if they brought EoTM in as a 5th map and added in everything then would probably just be going Red and EoTM versus Red and EB. EoTM back in the day had some massive three way fights due to the multi-wall keep designs. If they completely re-did Alpine and increased the map, removed the wasted space, moved the border space all the way back north, and expanded the keeps then we might have something.

I went with Alpine. EBG feels very small in comparison, which means fights are a plenty but I don't like how all the sides feel on top of each other. Its also more geared towards larger fights because of how close things are and SMC in the center. As a roamer, I try to avoid zergs. Desert has a lot of good things going for it, but it was a map that heavily benefited from gliding and mounts,. both of which were not present at its release. Because of that, it grew to be hated due to its long winded pathways. I love the theming behind the keeps and wish ANet would add some flavor into the other BLs. Some of the keep/tower lords are a little... much. But otherwise I wish more people played on this map. EotM is also interesting, I love the themes of each side of the map, but I don't particularly like the gimmicks that various points grant. Also its pretty unbalanced (or was, not sure how its changed), you almost never wanted to assault the Blue Keep because of what a hellish death trap it was if fully defended.

Alpine for me has the best mix of open spaces and distance between objectives. It feels very balanced which is why I think many people like fighting there. I only wish that Green and Blue BL had different themes. Like, same layout, but Green BL is more jungle themed and Blue BL be more snowy or something.

It had massive three way fights because like ebg it provided a lot of nearby objectives, which increased it's chances of that happening over borderland maps. Also there's no upgrading objectives, so no real reason to keep anything, and no smc to fight over, so zergs would just keep constantly hunting for places to flip and zergs to kill as much as possible. Fastest exp/wxp/rewards gain was more important to players, I'm sure most of the 10k rank wxp players came out of there.

At this point I think they should take alpine and desert and reposition objectives to be more like ebg and eotm, not necessarily the same amount of objectives, but take out the home advantage and have 3 equal sides, so we don't have to run 3 of those maps, but one of each, this opens the possibility of running between 1-4 maps in a match, instead of having to always run 3bl and 1ebg. (but they can't even be bothered to take out the stupid stumps on well walked pathways on desert so I wouldn't expect a map change).

It's no secret that DBL is my clear favorite.

I play defense/scouting and havoc, so I really appreciate both the vastly increased opportunities to potentially have some defensive impact and to harass with small teams or as a solo. No double-siege spots on the side keeps or impossible to reach staging areas means I can generally buy a few extra seconds for allied responders to show up. On ABL, I was basically limited to just whining in chat and that was so frustrating I took a hiatus in the months before HoT. On the other hand, since the map isn't so barren, I can actually sneak around to kill yaks and set up siege on enemy side keeps by switching up the paths I take and the angles I hit from. There's plenty more, but the general vein is that my efforts are actually meaningful on DBL whereas on ABL I'm just a Zerg alarm.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Alpine because someone who knew what they were doing designed it for both large and small scale.

That concept died before game release i guess xD

Uh no? There are a lot of obvious largescale paths to run the map but there are also a lot of secondary small-scale paths as alternatives. There are big open fields with large visibility but there are also small pockets with broken terrain concealing them. I wouldn't expect a zergling living in ebg karma trains since game release to appreciate the design of Alpine borderlands though xD

ABL > DBL > EB

I think ABL has the best tactical aspect to it, since the objectives are all intertwined and have purpose. EB is too repetitive. and often is queued with a bunch of afk people so it's a waste of time getting in. DBL has annoyingly huge structures and NPCs.

Any map is fine as long as there is action, though. However, I tend to avoid Home BL because of the incessant whining and people that always manage to pull EWPs at the worst times possible.