Condi Rev

Sansar.1302

Yeah , srry to say this but you should give a bit more info about what is wrong with it , why you say it overperforms and maybe how do you think it should be solved , i dont know how wvw is now but mirage has allwais been overpowered in low man battles , thief was also strong there but more or less it had sense , is it possible that they only strengthened condi rev and wvw players just need to get acustomed to it ? Just asking of course it might be overpowered as you said but i dont have much info.

More than Mirage? I don't know about that. Personally I think it's easier to deal with condi revs because they're pretty much all low-mid range (< 600 radius) and only apply torment + 1-2 other conditions. Mirage has got torment + confusion + bleeding + burning + 1-2 other conditions and most use weapons that have at least 900 range.

@Clownmug.8357 said:More than Mirage? I don't know about that. Personally I think it's easier to deal with condi revs because they're pretty much all low-mid range (< 600 radius) and only apply torment + 1-2 other conditions. Mirage has got torment + confusion + bleeding + burning + 1-2 other conditions and most use weapons that have at least 900 range.

But that is the condi septer build right?Any range denials will reduce all that.

Hight torment = dont move and cleanse or ask for a cleanse.

@Virdo.1540 said:agreeing with clownmug. Besides sustain, they dont have much for group fights.

on group fights i prefer to have diviner herald with deamon jalis hammer build, deamon f2 is nice to make those burnguards tasting their own atemp to burn burst.

@"Aeolus.3615"I don't agree. I feel like if it's over performing, it's more player skill than the build itself in condi Rev's case. Like if they're dumb or inexperienced, they get rekt hard by people who know their build better... On vondi rec you can only get so far with "the demon goes brrrrrrrr" gameplay...

@jpsssss.7530 said:@"Aeolus.3615"I don't agree. I feel like if it's over performing, it's more player skill than the build itself in condi Rev's case. Like if they're dumb or inexperienced, they get rekt hard by people who know their build better... On vondi rec you can only get so far with "the demon goes brrrrrrrr" gameplay...

I know, i was being carried way before damage nerf with condi rev, it was always this strong but there were easyer and better gimick at that time.

Atm it is strong as others condi builds, 2 condi revs can maitain 50+ stack on lords, the spike up(burst) can be to strong to players that have torment and move... its a 2 passes for death.

2 days ago i was ganked by 3 torment players, i just stood still removing and healing when needed, hty ended being ganked 2mins later whgile stil trying to kill me.

Most of what makes condi Rev so strong in small to mid scale wvw is the insane synergy with tormenting runes. One could argue condi rev is strong in pvp without the runes and would be even stronger in wvw regardless, but small scale wvw is just a different beast with more open areas and no small capture points, condi rev is much more counter able by specs with good ranged damage and some kiting potential.

Hardly a problem: some classes are better at solo roaming (thief, mesmer, ranger... ), others are better at large goups (guardian, necros... ) and some are excellent at small skirmishes due AoE damage + cc access (engies, eles, condi revs... ).

@Buran.3796 said:Hardly a problem: some classes are better at solo roaming (thief, mesmer, ranger... ), others are better at large goups (guardian, necros... ) and some are excellent at small skirmishes due AoE damage + cc access (engies, eles, condi revs... ).

indeed. Condi revs can have some real problems if taking on large groups or 1vs1.

less targets ,the less healing they get. The more targets .... well it can be over in under 1sec

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:More than Mirage? I don't know about that. Personally I think it's easier to deal with condi revs because they're pretty much all low-mid range (< 600 radius) and only apply torment + 1-2 other conditions. Mirage has got torment + confusion + bleeding + burning + 1-2 other conditions and most use weapons that have at least 900 range.

But that is the condi septer build right?Any range denials will reduce all that.

Hight torment = dont move and cleanse or ask for a cleanse.

@Virdo.1540 said:agreeing with clownmug. Besides sustain, they dont have much for group fights.

on group fights i prefer to have diviner herald with deamon jalis hammer build, deamon f2 is nice to make those burnguards tasting their own atemp to burn burst.

A Diviners build with Jalis and Mallyx is going to die the moment something looks at it. Mallyx has no use on power builds anymore and will get you killed if you're just using him for the F2. Mallyx does counter burn guards pretty badly, but even a standard power build with Glint/Shiro can deal with burn guards if you use cleansing sigils.

Condi rev is mostly strong up close. Kite it and it's a slow, angry little CC magnet. The build I've been running is very good in 1v1 and even small gank situations, but it just melts to heavy CC pressure which is everywhere and I've got little I can do against range builds that really want to camp me out. Destroys warriors 1v1 if I dodge Bulls Charge, eats most condi builds like burn guard and condi p/d thief if I can stick to them, makes the cancer Immob spam rangers either die to their own immob or run away with trapper runes. S/d thief is often a hard counter, same with any rifle DE with a lot of stealth. I've gone against very few weavers that had such ridiculous cleanse that it ended up being a stall match unless they got me with Gale (That skill is BS busted and needs butchering), but in most situations it's a strong duelist with tons of pressure.