Dragon Banner needs a 70% across the board damage nerf (video)

jul.7602

yes, and some small scale groups are even using several banners with the glitch wich i wont talk what it is.

Ive found 2 thiefs with a banner each ganking players.

2-3 banners with condi bunkers burn based with ministrels bunkeres support, everything melts xD

@Aeolus.3615 said:yes, and some small scale groups are even using several banners with the glitch wich i wont talk what it is.

Ive found 2 thiefs with a banner each ganking players.

2-3 banners with condi bunkers burn based with ministrels bunkeres support, everything melts xD

Actually, from my experience the dragonbanner substantially better on zerker classes than on burn guard (at least the tb/dire variant).

How about everyone who complains about stuff like this just go play Animal Crossing or whatever? Some game in which no one gets hurt. Dragon Banner is slow, easily observed. Simply jump out of the way. If a thief is using a DB, it means they are missing some of theie stealth capabilities. If you can't down a squishy VISIBLE thief with a dragon banner, that is definitely your issue. Not the Dragon Banner's.

@misterman.1530 said:How about everyone who complains about stuff like this just go play Animal Crossing or whatever? Some game in which no one gets hurt. Dragon Banner is slow, easily observed. Simply jump out of the way. If a thief is using a DB, it means they are missing some of theie stealth capabilities. If you can't down a squishy VISIBLE thief with a dragon banner, that is definitely your issue. Not the Dragon Banner's.

@misterman.1530 said:I guess u dont know how to gltich it then like some are doing :) or are u one of those that cant fight w/o having 2-3 banners to kill just a few 5-10 players?

@jul.7602yes, zerker is best for its usage, reapers and thiefs are the best classes also to use banners due how their utilities and traits affect the banner mechanics, the burn condi bomb/spike will melt any one afected by it and theres some lame gltichs and tricks that people are doing with banners that makes banner more than what they are.

Note, 70% is to much, banner still need to do somewhat strong damage, and devs said they m8 look at the bammer and make banner a tool to defend inside strucutures.

@misterman.1530 said:How about everyone who complains about stuff like this just go play Animal Crossing or whatever? Some game in which no one gets hurt. Dragon Banner is slow, easily observed. Simply jump out of the way. If a thief is using a DB, it means they are missing some of theie stealth capabilities. If you can't down a squishy VISIBLE thief with a dragon banner, that is definitely your issue. Not the Dragon Banner's.

yeah, db is so inconsequential, that some coms only go on maps, if they can have at least 2 dragonbanners there. And some coms run with three and melt everything in their way.

Go figure

Dragonbanner is broken and need to be removed.

I see the fact that you can still use your normal skills while using the banners as way bigger issue. The banner should lock those. The banner isn't much of an issue when you only have the 5 skills, because everyone can chase you down and just kill you.The issue here is like it's for years in roaming overpowered skills that make the banner even stronger in the hands of certain classes.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

yeah, db is so inconsequential, that some coms only go on maps, if they can have at least 2 dragonbanners there. And some coms run with three and melt everything in their way.

Go figure

Not sure what server you are on, but have never, ever, seen 2-3 dbs running in a group. Also, I have never seen dbs take down a zerg. Cause issues for it, sure, but not take it down. I guess I've played on servers, and against servers, that, you know, dodge the big flames. I would love to see videos of this overpowered DB you speak of.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Banner is okai but, like siege weapons etc it should not be affected by the holder' stats and buffs.What make it too strong in your video are sigil; mights and rev attributes.

This is the real problem, player stats and traits shouldn't affect dragon banner abilities.

@misterman.1530 said:

Go figure

Not sure what server you are on, but have never, ever, seen 2-3 dbs running in a group. Also, I have never seen dbs take down a zerg. Cause issues for it, sure, but not take it down. I guess I've played on servers, and against servers, that, you know, dodge the big flames. I would love to see videos of this overpowered DB you speak of.

during NA prime in t1 every group has 2-3 banners. It's been this way for weeks, it's to the point where people queue on their alts just to waste banners so the other team can't use them lol

3 things need a change and dragon banner is certainly one of them.

• Dragon banners need to either go or to get a serious nerf.
  • Rangers rapid fire need to be brought down 50% or so.
  • Long range pulls need to be changed completely, it has no place in wvw and is mainly used for trolling. It has no real use.

@"jul.7602" said:Dragon banner damage is still ridiculously high, and scales disproportionately well on certain classes. See the twitch for evidence.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/677407477?t=00h00m40s

This is moderately impressive. How does a group of people stare down another 20-30 people and none of them exceed 1k DPS?

Honestly I'd just like dragon banner 3 to get the damage reduction 1 and 2 got. Whilst the banner is a bit oppressive, most of that relates to target cap things not the actual damage it deals. Anet is running up the wrong tree if they are looking to reduce the damage on it. The strength of the banner comes from the mass spread of damage it applies from the increased target cap.

The banner makes individuals feel 'impactful' because they can see a lot of numbers show up on their screens, and if they're running ARCdps they see themselves at the top. It's a lot of instant gratification. If you want to 'nerf' dragon banner it's important to clarify what you mean by to much damage. The fellow in the video landed a 5, 3, and 2 all at once and killed maybe 2 people. The burst is clearly okay-ish. The problem is it hits 10-15-20+ people which makes it really devastating in larger fights when used in conjunction with your zergs bomb.The 5 skill should have its cap reduced to 5, not 10.The 3 skill have its targets dropped to 10, not 20 (and double its damage to siege, and possibly reduce its damage a little bit).And the 1 skill should have its targets dropped to 5 not 10.

I just fought a guild group and pugs (with a 30 man open tag, with not all on voice), hanging around SM with cloaking waters and three dragon banners, which was really not fun to fight against, until their timers ran out.

So yeah, the problem is stacking banners can be OP, especially with two skills left untouched from the nerf hammer.

@misterman.1530 said:

Go figure

In NA some classes than can glitch banner atacks will gather even to gank solo players.

I would be okay with DB being only allowed to exist inside an objective, so if you walk out of keep/tower with it in hand it despawns. It would have a niche use as defender's tool, it won't be possible to stack them in a zerg and it would make defending stuff easier.

@Magnuzone.8395 said:3 things need a change and dragon banner is certainly one of them.

• Dragon banners need to either go or to get a serious nerf.
  • Rangers rapid fire need to be brought down 50% or so.
  • Long range pulls need to be changed completely, it has no place in wvw and is mainly used for trolling. It has no real use.

You're putting a 50% nerf to Rapid Fire as your #2 after Dragon Banners in your top 3 things that need to be nerfed? lol >.< RF is one of the LAST things that needs a nerf. It just got a nerf in Feb. It's 10 strike nature means its very very easy to dodge at a minimum 30% of the damage and for it to do any appreciable damage the Ranger needs to be glass in the first place. Plus, there is already so much projectile hate that this is a non issue. Not to mention firing off a traited RF into a zerg is likely to kill the Ranger from Retaliation damage.