Expanding older/existing maps

This may have been mentioned before but as much as I love getting newer maps, I would really love to see them expand older/existing maps. There are a lot of really cool maps that have been around since the game first released that just haven’t had much to do with the story and because of that, other than for world completion, there’s really not much reason to visit these maps. Anyone else think it’s possible to see them going back to and possibly expanding older/existing maps?

The only kind of updates we can expect to see to older maps is stuff like what we have seen in earlier LW seasons with the

• Joko invasions
  • Rift Stalker portals
  • Leyline anomaly events
  • Justice of the Blade bounty hunts
  • Mordrem event chain in the Iron Marches

Just a few new events or whatever added to old maps, with a new side story achievement category, to give people more reason to go back there, at least for a limited time.

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:The only kind of updates we can expect to see to older maps is stuff like what we have seen in earlier LW seasons with the

• Joko invasions
  • Rift Stalker portals
  • Leyline anomaly events
  • Justice of the Blade bounty hunts
  • Mordrem event chain in the Iron Marches

Just a few new events or whatever added to old maps, with a new side story achievement category, to give people more reason to go back there, at least for a limited time.

I feel like these things made a mess of the maps rather than helped. It confuses newer players, and the map exists in two time periods because of it too, some of them even exist in three time periods which makes things really weird.

Its exactly why people disliked LWS1 open-world changes, because of how it "ruined" maps like Kessex Hills.

And then there's Lion's Arch..

But GW1 had a good solution for this, they put the dates on the maps. So for example in GW2, if you were entering a Metrica Province that's been expanded to the west towards Tangled Depths, it would say "Metrica Province (xxxx AE)".

Theoretically, it could be possible for maps to be updated.

If utilizing zone instances to a larger effect. I.e. Players whom haven't completed X story mission get put into X instances that have the base map while those whom have completed X story mission, get put into Y instances that have an updated map.

The only caveat to work around is what to do with regards to players in a party going to a zone as well as things like Teleport to a Friend.

Though, it's worth noting that it's already done in some cases. With low level characters seeing Fort Salma/Concordia pre-Morty.