Warclaw Speed Please!

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Remember when people found all those convoluted ways to get swiftness, including blasting static field? Those were the days.

I still do that... o_0

Hey an Engy got to keep himself entertained while we wait for the bags to run back from spawn =/

Also, for major rofles, consider all the salty PvE players who were upset when it launched that the Warclaw didn't use mastery in PvE, meanwhile now it runs faster in PvE and does more damage in PvE too. /giggle

I think if they had gone with speed in your zone, leave the multi-dodge and drop the HP down to 500 (to prevent jump/short fall death), it would have done fine. The low HP might have also reduced issues with mount stomp since people could just gun it down while it was inbound.

Also, for major rofles, consider all the salty PvE players who were upset when it launched that the Warclaw didn't use mastery in PvE, meanwhile now it runs faster in PvE and does more damage in PvE too. /giggle

That was such a dumb complaint lol. However, I think part of the annoyance is that the game insists on selecting Warclaw when you go back to PvE which is annoying.

I dunno, I'm actually wanting a water mount....

TBH Warclaw speed is undesirable anyway. To compensate for it, they nerfed T2/3 walls and doors so now zergs cap keeps before people can RIDE to them. Funny really.

Maybe the speed needs to be DECREASED? I would LMAO if they nerfed the warclaw so it literally offers nothing whatsoever (we're nearly there).

@Svarty.8019 said:TBH Warclaw speed is undesirable anyway. To compensate for it, they nerfed T2/3 walls and doors so now zergs cap keeps before people can RIDE to them. Funny really.

Maybe the speed needs to be DECREASED? I would LMAO if they nerfed the warclaw so it literally offers nothing whatsoever (we're nearly there).

No we're not. Its still has:

-51% faster movement speed-Immune to CC-2 extra dodes which also count as leaps-8k hp shield-Free damage opener-map ping every 60 seconds

The warclaw is still by far the most powerful wvw trait in the game. You could remove everything seen above except for its movement speed and everybody would still use it.

@"PeerlessArch.6547" said:I would trade all those features if it just had a persistant old "owned territory" speed and nothing else. But everywhere and for everyone.

No, it's still faster than anything not teleports and making everyone ridiculously fast again everywhere is just going to mean dying has zero impact because you can get back to the fight so fast. How is it that you're complaining that the fastest running option in WvW, in combat or not, is too slow? Speed buff is gone and should stay gone, let it go.

No, it's still faster than anything not teleports and making everyone ridiculously fast again everywhere is just going to mean dying has zero impact because you can get back to the fight so fast. How is it that you're complaining that the fastest running option in WvW, in combat or not, is too slow? Speed buff is gone and should stay gone, let it go.

Please, it is BARELY faster lol. You act like its double speed or something. It is SLIGHTLY faster than swiftness. We had it before, it was fine, fights still mattered. The only reason it got nerfed is because people were crying about being run down in enemy territories.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s an additional 10k health, two extra dodges, and a permanent swiftness, non-CC’able buff.

Had it come out like this, no one would be complaining.

If you invest points, the third improvement is to give a speed boon to nearby allies who go walking.... Well they follow me at a similar speed than my mount, and this has no sense.

The pve devs who came up with the silly idea of adding mounts to wvw never thought it through. When Warclaw came out, players without the expac or those who hadn't done the steps get the mount would trail behind the main group. Warclaw mastery #2 was added to allow those players to keep up.

Warclaw should never had been added to WvW. The whole thing has consumed way too much resources from the real WvW issues like population imbalance, skill lag, profession imbalance, lack of glory rewards, and real competition.

I doubt that the resources developing a warclaw are the same resources dealing with performance issues. So arguing that it took away resources is just bs.

And I personally do not find it fun to spend my time running around. Thanks to all the warclaw nerfs, that time has increased, which adds nothing to the game. If you really want being taken our to cost you time, that time should be be attached to respawn penalty instead.

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

Please, it is BARELY faster lol. You act like its double speed or something. It is SLIGHTLY faster than swiftness. We had it before, it was fine, fights still mattered. The only reason it got nerfed is because people were crying about being run down in enemy territories.

Swiftness isn't free though, and some classes don't have easy access to it. (naturally it benefits builds that abandon mobility for something else)

Besides, do you really put your skills on cooldown instead of using the mount?

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

It should be barely faster, you have no combat speed and ignore all movement condi. That 'BARELY' faater because A LOT faster when you start using mount dodges.

The speed before was NOT fine at all, fights in keeps lasted forever because groups could reinforce in less than 30 seconds across the entire map, especially if they owned SMC to extend the territory buff. It was removed because it was impossible to catch a mounted person in their own territory even with a mount of your own and made dying pointless if your group didn't have a total wipe on one push.

Speed buff is gone and it's not coming back. Good riddance, now let's nerf the mount elsewhere because it's still massively overpowered.