Who's next?

Dadnir.5038

So... Now that Spectral trait and Well trait are out, how about we bet on the next one to be removed?

I think the minion trait is a good contender, it's effect on the skill category being insignificant at best.The signet one have been reworked over and over... I think it can still last a few years.Corruption is the last one, not a really exciting trait but it's trying to beat the dead horse "necromancer put conditions on him to send them back" so it might stay until the end.

What's your bet? I bet on the minion trait!

@"Dadnir.5038" said:So... Now that Spectral trait and Well trait are out, how about we bet on the next one to be removed?

I think the minion trait is a good contender, it's effect on the skill category being insignificant at best.The signet one have been reworked over and over... I think it can still last a few years.Corruption is the last one, not a really exciting trait but it's trying to beat the dead horse "necromancer put conditions on him to send them back" so it might stay until the end.

No, they only remove good traits. So: lingering curse is next xD

I just HOPE it will be the minion traits. Such a waste of space. The removal of the spectral trait was a bummer, it felt always woth it even when just running one spectral skill . I also think the well trait was good, It was just lacking the grandmaster well trait (just like every utlity skill type should have an elite skill)

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:So... Now that
Spectral
trait and
Well
trait are out, how about we bet on the next one to be removed?

No, they only remove good traits. So: lingering curse is next xD

Yeah. 'We feel like this is a great trait. It is very distinguished as a grandmaster and a cornerstone for a variety of Necromancer condition builds and have never had a single complaint about it! For this reason it is such a natural pick that we would like to remove the increased damage and boon corrupt and give scepter skill 3 a self root for a better sense of flavor and identity. We Will also be moving it to the Reaper master tier to open up some chances for great new builds"

"We also like the direction Holo has been headed for the last year and will remove the cooldown on Holoforge and it will now also function as a Kit for related traits. We'll be monitoring it's performance closely..."

They do only remove traits for skills they are buffing to traited or even better levels for PvE. Spectral skills are better in PvE than previously traited and wells are also better in PvE than previously traited (forget about the protection - nobody really needed it, it was just a gimmick, the cooldown part was the most important thing for PvE).

PvP players then will have to live with the untraitable skills (this means live with a nerf).

So traits that increase the damage won't be removed. They are too important for PvE. But traits that have only some use in PvP are good candidates.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Wouldn't be sad to see the minion traits get partially baselines and completely replaced by something else in death magic.Something like: "If a minion dies, while your health is full, you get 1000 barrier."

Dont give them ideas. After that complete random deadly swarm nerf in PvE im afraid of more strange shit happening.

Seems they only take out the traits people like.

So, bye bye Master of Corruption (Which is used for PvE DPS).

Also at the same time:"The necromancer trait for signets occupied a difficult place in most builds since it exists on the master tier and has not provided enough power to warrant taking over other master traits."

• Spiteful Renewal moved to Master tier, its reuse timer decreased to 2 seconds.
  • Signets of Suffering moved to Adept tier.
  • No longer improves passive effects of Signets during Shroud.
  • Passives are no longer in effect during Shroud.
  • Signet of Vampirism active can now only be used while targetting an enemy.
  • Plague Signet active now only sends 2 conditions to the enemy.
  • Signet of Spite active reuse timer increased to 180 seconds.
  • Signet of the Locust active reuse timer increased to 500 seconds.
  • Signet of Undeath active now kills the user.

@"Taril.8619" said:Seems they only take out the traits people like.

So, bye bye Master of Corruption (Which is used for PvE DPS).

Also at the same time:"The necromancer trait for signets occupied a difficult place in most builds since it exists on the master tier and has not provided enough power to warrant taking over other master traits."

• Spiteful Renewal moved to Master tier, its reuse timer decreased to 2 seconds.
  • Signets of Suffering moved to Adept tier.
  • No longer improves passive effects of Signets during Shroud.
  • Passives are no longer in effect during Shroud.
  • Signet of Vampirism active can now only be used while targetting an enemy.
  • Plague Signet active now only sends 2 conditions to the enemy.
  • Signet of Spite active reuse timer increased to 180 seconds.
  • Signet of the Locust active reuse timer increased to 500 seconds.
  • Signet of Undeath active now kills the user.

I am imagining that Signets being active in Shroud becoming baseline since signets in Shroud was, for me at least, the most appealing to take Signets of Suffering. And now since SoS is no longer a GM trait, they will probably eventually give us signets in shroud, with SoS taken for enhanced in-shroud effects. Obviously they might need to buff SoS more if that happens to make it appealing.

Just to clarify why I think the "minion" trait is a good contender. Currently, the "minion" trait is Flesh of the master and the only reason this trait have to be the "minion trait" is to justify it's interaction with minions skill if you trait/untrait it. It's honestly just a matter of removing the 50% health increase on minions. Something that could be made baseline or flat out removed and yet not really felt in game.

MoC and SoS are both tricky to remove. I think it would be easier to do it for MoC thought.

As for the weapon traits, I think ANet is still set on having them have an additionnal effect without the weapon. In this light, Banshee's Wail and Lingering Curse could probably see some attention from the devs. I doubt it would go farther, but everything is possible, after all officially the staff have seen it's trait removed (even if we only staff have marks now).

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Wouldn't be sad to see the minion traits get partially baselines and completely replaced by something else in death magic.Something like: "If a minion dies, while your health is full, you get 1000 barrier. (5s ICD)"

Still a minion trait...Right, then "if an enemy dies". That would even be more useless.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Wouldn't be sad to see the minion traits get partially baselines and completely replaced by something else in death magic.Something like: "If a minion dies, while your health is full, you get 1000 barrier. (5s ICD)"

Still a minion trait...Right, then "if an enemy dies". That would even be more useless.

Better. I like my slat accurate ?

Hope it will be death magic. I remember when they updated it with Carapace "Oh, looks nice" ; 1 month later everyone left this traitline because, apart semi-active toughness, it brings nothing useful.Jagged horrors are a joke. Death nova is too hazardous and uneffective without "rise" or lich form.

They can erase all the traits about minions or even the entire death magic. Except may be around 50 people in OW, no one use Death magic and minions related traits.

About Lingering curse, yes when you read it you must think the trait is OP; 200 condition +50% duration, #3 becomes an aoe. But then you look at condi scourge/reaper in pve and you realize even with this trait, it's garbage. Keep fingers crossed that no dev will look at the trait without a look at necro overall. .

Just to buck the trend...

Spectral Armor no longer provides Protection. Instead, Spectral Armor now provides barrier equal to 50% of damage taken.

• When hit, gain Barrier equal to 50% percent of damage taken
  • 5 second internal cool down
  • Gain life force when taking damage: 8%
  • Duration: 8 seconds
  • Breaks Stun

Of course, Banshee's Wail looks ready to delete, too.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Staff trait is next. Stupid changes always have pvp/wvw roots. Staff trait has been meta for years.Edit: They will give it the excuse of staff being underpowered in pve, so they will baseline the unblockable, but remove the trait to give LF because it helps necros have sustain.And since unblockables are pretty strong in the zerg, they will revert the mark cooldowns to 2014 levels (6, 20, 25, 40 seconds) in a hotfix after two days.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Staff trait is next. Stupid changes always have pvp/wvw roots. Staff trait has been meta for years.Edit: They will give it the excuse of staff being underpowered in pve, so they will baseline the unblockable, but remove the trait to give LF because it helps necros have sustain.

In fact it's not a "staff trait", it's a "mark trait". It was changed from staff to mark because lich form initially used marks. I'm still waiting to see more marks added to the necromancer's kit, thought.