Desert Highlands map lags - unplayable at times

This is not the only map that's experiencing these lags. Thunderhead peaks is also a prime example.At first I thought it was only my connection so I just logged out. Tried later and still the same complaints in chat, I didn't even join the convo.Could you fix it finally or at least acknowledge the problem? It's irritating and game breaking to the point where I refuse to keep playing the game like this.

Opb62Ex.png

I wish it was only Desert Highlands.There has been an ongoing lag for months at LS4, PoF maps and Bjora Marches.I simply refuse to visit any Ls4/PoF maps due to that. I did some bounties a couple of days ago and reminded me why I never visit PoF maps anymore.I tried doing the Shatterer at Jahai Bluffs, there is an ONGOING LAG issue for months!!! MONTHS.Often, Bjora Marches is just UNPLAYABLE, you either lag, or everyone crashes and you come back to the Raven meta failing or just one shrine standing. I don't know why Anet hasn't acknowledged any of these problems. I am slowly losing my interest to play the game to be honest.

I agree with everything you said, sadly.But I have no clue how we can make them listen? I tried twitting them yesterday and then when I logged in the forums to see if another person has addressed this problem, it was only you, as it was the first post I laid my eyes on.Then there is reddit that people often complain there but anet seems to not acknowledge the problem, at all.I don't know how we can make them to listen, like, it's their own game and right now it's quite unplayable on these maps.Surely, they can see when a massive disconnect happens, such as Bjora Marches for example. You can't have 40-50 people disconnecting with no indication, whatsoever.I have started thinking of bug reporting the lag in-game from now on. Flood their bug report with the lag issues as they happen.I don't know...

@Hannelore.8153 said:I can only guess that they're moving the older and less-played content to cheaper servers. Every map that has the same IP is on the same server, so next time you're on check the IP address of the laggy maps using /ip in the chat box.

If they really are moving maps to slower servers I'll be moving to a different game soon, I can't play like this, period.The IP tip is nice, will make use of it, thanks.

I'm not familiar enough with anet employees to ping the right person but I think I saw Fire Attunement forward something to the devs before.@Fire Attunement.9835 could you please let them know about this? Because it's game breaking and affects everyone on the map.

Otherwise I'll just keep screenshotting the comments about how broken the maps are with an ip address attached from now on.

@Rasgalinj.2763 said:Try thunderhead keep, constantly getting 8-10 second spikes during the major events. Game is literally unplayable in several S4 zones and nothing seems to be getting done about it.

Luckily I didn't need anything from those maps recently. I did get to experience it though, at that point I just left the map, dismissing the issues as temporary.Having trouble completing hero points is too much to tolerate tho, the problem is just expanding to more maps.

• 4 weeks later...

And the worst part - correct me if im wrong - but ANET have been completely silent about it, not seen a thing on here or twitter and its quite a huge thing to just ignore when your game is completely unplayable in any POF map or LS4 maps...

The whole thing would be so much better if they atleast gave us some kind of reasoning.

Couldn't agree more with you guys. Same here, LS4 and PoF maps laggy to the point where they are unplayable. Anet were never good at communication, but their radio silence concerning the lags is a middle finger in the customers face. Seriously: There's so much wrong with this game on the technical side. Anet: Keep the game playable at least. Don't slap new spaghetti code (i. e. content) on old one thus pouring more fuel in the fire, UPGRADE YOUR ENGINE, learn to COMMUNICATE and treat us like the persons who are financing your paychecks. And don't let the 24/7 players who finish new content in one or two days dictate the pace of your release cadence. Start to work on the foundation of the game - finally.

You have a gem of a game there, unbelievably good art design, a fantastic combat system, an innovative build system, lots of hard work, dedication and love that obviously went into it at some time... and you let it rot. I just wish that the game would mean nothing to me anymore, unfortunately that's not the case, and I guess I'm not alone. And you, Anet, should act before love for the game turns into indifference. Because from that point there's no return. Stop further ruining the good will of the player base.Why are you so dead against talking honestly and with nothing held back to us regularly, f. ex. with a monthly update on the subject of technical issues? Are you not planning on doing something about it? Then be so fair and let us decide whether we want to bear with it or not. Or are you willing and ready to troubleshoot, just that it will take a while? I wouldn't mind. To be honest, I'd rather have a smoothly running game than new content every few months.

Is staff (in other words: money) the problem? Then why not figure out how to solve it? An optional monthly sub fee the revenue of which goes straight into manpower to upgrade the engine and iron out bugs? I wouldn't even insist on having any in game advantages for the fee, I only would expect you guys transparently showing progress on a regular basis. But that's just me. Anyway I'd rather spend money on that SPECIFIC purpose than buying a ton of beautiful but useless skins just to get another LS episode.

I'm 100% sure most players would appreciate you just being open about such problems, thus re-connecting to the community and offering us some kind of insight into what's going on so we can understand and be given a chance to decide how to react. I think we deserve that much. And you deserve a satisfied community.

Did Desert Lumberer today in Desert Higlands. Thought it wouldn't be bad since an entire map wasn't chasing bounties there or anything. Boy was I surprised - it was a miserable experience.I press a button to mount up, nothing happens for 2 seconds.I start chopping a tree and manage to gather 2 logs, had to use that Search interaction to pick up the third one from node.Using Bong of Vigor was also a mistake because the lag completely invalidated the skill.

I honestly do not understand what Anet plans to accomplish by ignoring this issue.Gathering materials is a nightmare, normal gameplay on this map is nothing but wishful thinking at this point...

Are they going to fix this? Is there any info? I woud love to see date of patch or something when they are going to fix this. I see they twitt about #GuildChat but no info about fixing game! I am returning player. Last time when I was play everything was fine. Is it becouse of corona and lockdowns ? I woud love some info. Its like playing turn base strategy. Lags are insane. This looks like right now : "play if you want or if you dont go away" ! I dont mean to be rude or something. I like game very much, but its almost unplayable.